Indy

Move Ground to move forward.

They don't want to hear about the pitfalls Bill. They just want a seat when times are good and they don't want to pay a lot for it either.

Perhaps the older generation are more cautious because they've seen the club nearly go to the wall twice in their lives.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

That's a difference that many posters over the years haven't been able to grasp. If you go to the small club in the south you will see the training ground isn't owned by the football club either. 

😉😀

37 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

Well said.

. I doubt there are many younger fans on this site and the old guard are by nature risk averse.

Interesting Felix...

How I remember it one of the the biggest risks I've seen our club take was two summers ago with the restructuring that ultimately led us to this debate. Don't remember younger posters in particular getting behind it. Then we had the bond issue for the training ground. Plenty of risk there. Wasn't very popular with many younger posters. Then we had last summer's decision to stick with the project and not caving in like many younger posters were advocating. I don't remember too many older ST holders putting their parts on and not renewing.

Ten years is a long time. How many times have we changed divisions in the last ten? Twenty is even longer. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Chief executive David McNally added: “You’re more likely to be a consistent Premier League club with average gates of 35,000 then you are with crowds of 26,800 so it’s something that we would wish to do in the mid-term but we have the dilemmas of the practical solution of the accounting supporters, which seems really difficult, and of course the cash.”

Which is rather odd as Bowkett stated in the same quote that the extra ticket income would only cover the cost - so how would a bigger stadium keep us in the PL  ?

B'mouth v Sunderland springs to mind

And the talk was of 20 years. Can anyone seriously say what will happen in 20 years time ?

PL in 2005, LI 2009

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ricardo said:

😉😀

but the debt is 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, ricardo said:

The shareholders.

Who are the majority share holders?

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Who are the majority share holders?

Why, don't you know?

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Why, don't you know?

So who owns the ground then? The majority share holders? Just asking!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

So who owns the ground then? The majority share holders? Just asking!

no, you clearly don't understand this do you ?

just replyin'

Edited by Bill

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Interesting Felix...

How I remember it one of the the biggest risks I've seen our club take was two summers ago with the restructuring that ultimately led us to this debate. Don't remember younger posters in particular getting behind it. Then we had the bond issue for the training ground. Plenty of risk there. Wasn't very popular with many younger posters. Then we had last summer's decision to stick with the project and not caving in like many younger posters were advocating. I don't remember too many older ST holders putting their parts on and not renewing.

Ten years is a long time. How many times have we changed divisions in the last ten? Twenty is even longer. 

I think you are partially true on the restructuring but my experience in travelling with all ages on the train is that the age groups were fairly evenly split. The bond issue was only of interest to those with available capital and that precluded most young people. I have no evidence on the breakdown of ST renewals.

venly 

Any way let’s not go down this road, we all know finances are hard justify a new ground, some priority is the squad, some bigger stadium to fulfil current demand, all cost money.....

The question was and still is to move forward do we need to move ground? Can we survive as we are while football moves forward? Why did Spurs feel the need to have a new ground? White Heart Lane was good enough for them wasn’t it?

Just now, Felixfan said:

I think you are partially true on the restructuring but my experience in travelling with all ages on the train is that the age groups were fairly evenly split. The bond issue was only of interest to those with available capital and that precluded most young people. I have no evidence on the breakdown of ST renewals.

venly 

To be fair you also have no evidence that older people are more risk averse when it comes to stadium expansion.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

no, you clearly don't understand this do you ?

just replyin'

Where’s the difference City 1st? Surely as majority share holders they have any final say or casting vote?

Just now, Indy said:

Any way let’s not go down this road, we all know finances are hard justify a new ground, some priority is the squad, some bigger stadium to fulfil current demand, all cost money.....

The question was and still is to move forward do we need to move ground? Can we survive as we are while football moves forward? Why did Spurs feel the need to have a new ground? White Heart Lane was good enough for them wasn’t it?

Indy, I seriously want to know if you can see the difference between something owned by an individual and something owned by a football club of which some shareholders own more than others.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

They had to compete with Arsenal.

Just now, Indy said:

Where’s the difference City 1st? Surely as majority share holders they have any final say or casting vote?

it's Bill (the clue is the name)

as it is with the name majority shareholder, not owner

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This is what I mean Indy.

Can you really not see the difference?

Yes I do Nutty having been an owner of a company with a majority share holder who basically had the casting vote and as such owned the business.....even though we had a board of members.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Yes I do Nutty having been an owner of a company with a majority share holder who basically had the casting vote and as such owned the business.....even though we had a board of members.

You've said this before but it has no relevance.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

You've said this before but it has no relevance.

'good as'

but in fact as you state he didn't

end of

Just now, nutty nigel said:

To be honest I seriously believe you're on the wind.

Well I’m not being serious, wasn’t really till City First popped up. Sorry matey, and Ricardo, I’ll back off now. 

I do agree but my original post was actually a little bit of a survey which didn’t really get anything other than the old responses and I wasn’t after that, just wanted to see where our younger supporters visions are! 

I know where we’re at now but it’s interesting to see the next generations vision or demands for our club.

Bill, City 1st or whatever you want to be called, you really need to take a chill pill, your blood pressure must be well high! Brexit might happen you know! 

What an odd fellow you are 🤪

clueless, some might say

• Like 1

Indy, these old fellas have got you in a three pronged pincer manoeuvre. Quick, go to bed! 😂

34 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Let's say we sell a player for 30 mill.  What do we spend the cash on then?

If we can get a stand for £30m then spend it on that. 

£30m in. £30m out. New stand. Job's s good un👍