Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

a thought on Deano..

Cast your mind back 6 months....

Damien Francis comes off the bench vs Inter milan to a chorus of Boos and is told to clear off to Pompey (where we all thought he''d end up thanks to his fool of an agent!)... he carries on and has a fairly good game.. and still applauds the fans at the end...

Damien Francis never said he wanted to leave... and is singled out for our relegation after a "no show" at Fulham.. despite the Fact Deano was the only player to give 2 hoots at Craven Cottage that day.. the other 10 let Deano down.

Now, compare this with Ashton, a player whos performances havent been great this season, who hasnt scored for 10 games and who has come over disinterested and lethargic at ti9mes... Dean Ashton has also said publicly that he no longer wants to play for Norwich City.

Now, although i wont be booing Deano i have had time to think about this since my posts yesterday.... and i have come to the conclusion.. Damien Francis never says he wants to leave Norwich, and is chastised after 1 bad game and a series of rediculous un true rumours about him and McKenzie... and is chased out of Norwich by a pitch fork and burning torch mob.

Dean Ashton can say he wants to leave, can play badly for 10 games and not get dropped... yet is still regarded as a hero...

can somebody tell me why a player who keeps a vow of silence and is forced out by the media, his agent and rumour mongering Tosspots should be treated as public enemy number 1, whilst someone who has publicly said he wants to leave the club and who isnt performing like he still cares about us when he gets the chance.. isnt?

jas :)

I agree with some your points..

Dean has only said he would like to play in the Prem.. well any player with a little ambition should say that. the worrying thing is and what isn''t said.. does he see that opportunity hapening at Norwich.

To me it is still a for gone conclusion that when we were relegated and not in a challenging position come christmas.. then Dean..Green and possibly Safri would possibily be off and can you blame them.. Luckily worthington hasn''t got that many players who other clubs  feel would make the grade at a highier level.. or we could be in bigger trouble come the end of January.

Another thought on Ashton.. more to do with timing.. IF he is to be sold I only hope that it happend soon after the window is opened, and not right near the 31st as we won''t have time to get a replacement, as worthington isn''t the fastest thing on legs in the great transfer stakes.

Why he is picked a big price tag and a managers favourite..no-one else to offer a real threat to his position

As to Francis.. he certainly took the brunt of it all   and I gave him credit for saying nothing ..but that also could be misunderstood as I am guilty of whatever . and can''t defend my self.

But  I also suggest that all the rumour tosspots (not my term)  may  have just got things mixed up a lot.. there are always at least two ways of looking at things..

I agree with jas, Deano hasn’t publicly

said he wants to leave in as many words but by saying "i''m ambitious and

want to play in the premier league, but i''m concentrating on norwich until

January" or something to that affect is as good as saying it to me.

I have nothing against deano but his performances this season have

been disappointing and even more so considering the way he played last year

against defences such as Man U and Newcastle.

Yes he''s playing in a team of underachievers and his service has

been poor (to say the least) but performances like Sheffield Wednesday where he

did nothing apart from moan at everyone around him is not what i would have

hoped for from someone 6 months ago we were talking about creeping into the

england world cup squad.

I dont think you can compare him to damien francis yet though,

considering francis went on strike before the colchester united game.

[quote user="Rich Moore"]   I agree with jas, Deano hasn’t publicly said he wants to leave in as many words but by saying "i''m ambitious and want to play in the premier league, but i''m concentrating on norwich until January" or something to that affect is as good as saying it to me.
   I have nothing against deano but his performances this season have been disappointing and even more so considering the way he played last year against defences such as Man U and Newcastle.
   Yes he''s playing in a team of underachievers and his service has been poor (to say the least) but performances like Sheffield Wednesday where he did nothing apart from moan at everyone around him is not what i would have hoped for from someone 6 months ago we were talking about creeping into the england world cup squad.
   I dont think you can compare him to damien francis yet though, considering francis went on strike before the colchester united game.

[/quote]

I heard what he said but all he has done is insinuated that he may not be here come January.  He has not said "I want to leave".  For all we know know the club may well have told him they want him to go as they want to cash in on him.

To me Deano has blown hot and cold this season, but I''m really not sure I can fault his overall effort. Ther have been plenty of games where he has run his legs off through sheer frustration at the total lack of endeavour around him, and as a consequence service he''s been getting - QPR and Luton away both come to mind.

I think he started the season with a minor injury, hasn''t been fully fit all along, has seen the side struggle around him and his form has suffered by association - but I''d still rather have him here than not, as when (not if, because it''ll happen at some point) the overall mix of our side get''s right he will bang the goals in again.

His biggest problem though is his demeanour - he comes across as a loner, quiet, slightly introspective at times (aren''t many great talents?) and as a result LOOKS as if he doesn''t care, whilst I suspect that there is a big heart and a real thinking brain inside.

It''s this demeanour that get''s up peoples noses, especially when his and our form is struggling as it is. Remember he''s also only just 21 so still learning big-style: rather that attitude than Rooney''s imo.

I personally beleive Dean Ashton can see the state the squad is in, the troubles in the dressing room, does not feel his game is suited to the way norwich are playing at the moment anmd does not like being treated as a lump up front.  Heck he probably does not rate our manager having seen the ability level of our most recent crop of signings. 

He is a good player who wants to play in the premiership - he cant see that happening anytime soon here so i guess he will be off.  Fair play Dean -  Its a shame we didnt have the management to sign decent players to supply you with the service you would thrive on so well.

We will see the caliber of player Dean is when he bangs in loads of goals for whatever premiership team he signs for.