Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Joe Ferrari & Gemma Gifford leave NCFC.

2 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

The boy Webber was brought in as sporting director, but with some of the public comments he has been making, such as every department at the club having to up their game to compete in the EPL, it appears that the boy is pretty much running the show and is chief executive in all but name.

Regarding scrutiny, it appears that the club is getting players for free on purpose just because it worked with the pie man. Football has never been an exact science so to try and make frees as the way forward for the EPL has relegation written all over it. The club got lucky with Pukki - it is not going to be replicated over and over. The EPL requires quality which requires money.

Norwich City still have this obsession with attacking players and if they are not to lose 15-3 against Man City and others, where are the goalkeepers, centre-backs and DMs for this league?

I doubt it, Vince.

Webber's role is for the footballing side. I don't think he is to be held accountable for anything else other than that.

16 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I doubt it, Vince.

Webber's role is for the footballing side. I don't think he is to be held accountable for anything else other than that.

Not so sure about that. Despite everything we all would like to believe, and based on long tedious experience, Big Vince may not always be totally  wrong about absolutely everything. As I said earlier on:

"The question arises as to who is in charge of this. We do not have an executive or semi-executive chairman, as we did with Bowkett, and to an extent with Balls. In fact we don't have a chairman at all. And we don't have a CEO, as we did with Doncaster or McNally or Moxey.

"That seems to leave the triumvirate - operating below board level - of Webber, Ward and Kensell. That would indicate them having a large amount of practical power. I hope they are coming under sufficient scrutiny at board level, no matter how good a job they might appear to be doing."

27 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not so sure about that. Despite everything we all would like to believe, and based on long tedious experience, Big Vince may not always be totally  wrong about absolutely everything. As I said earlier on:

"The question arises as to who is in charge of this. We do not have an executive or semi-executive chairman, as we did with Bowkett, and to an extent with Balls. In fact we don't have a chairman at all. And we don't have a CEO, as we did with Doncaster or McNally or Moxey.

"That seems to leave the triumvirate - operating below board level - of Webber, Ward and Kensell. That would indicate them having a large amount of practical power. I hope they are coming under sufficient scrutiny at board level, no matter how good a job they might appear to be doing."

Yes, I understood the point the first time! 😊

Not saying that Webber would have been totally oblivious to what was happening with the membership, but I am saying he shouldn't be held accountable for it. It's a commercial decision.

I work in a commercial capacity and, while our MD would drive things, I would be the person ultimately responsible for hitting my targets etc. However I choose to do it.

The board certainly could come in for some scrutiny on that as they would also have to approve it.

But the job of taking up the slack from Stone actually fell to Kensell and Zoe Ward... Webber is also on this 'executive committee' but I still feel his job (and also that of Zoe's) is more the footballing side.

Edited by BobLoz3
  • Like 1

The membership scheme was the brain child of Jake Gent who has the title of Membership and Experiences Manager. It was not put together on Danny Casey's watch.

On 22/06/2019 at 11:36, TIL 1010 said:

Joe Ferrari says that he accepted redundancy which i believe means that his position cannot be filled for 6 months ( i am sure i will be corrected if that is incorrect ) so as he had the title of Director of Communications and likewise Gemma Gifford who had the title Head of media to me it appears a total rebranding of how the club deals with the outside world at Carrow Road is about to take place.

Yup. Almost makes me wonder whether it's going to be out-sourced. 

13 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

The targetted campaign managed to get about 200 people, not bad for an event that some were convinced would be a flop.

I thought I read somewhere that they only sold 30-something tickets for it? Or was that a different event (or a figment of my imagination)? To be fair, 200 is a very good effort. I know a couple of folks from Selesti, seems like an excellent company to work for.

Edited by Feedthewolf
sausage fingers

6 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I thought I read somewhere that they only sold 30-something tickets for it? Or was that a different event (or a figment of my imagination)? To be fair, 200 is a very good effort. I know a couple of folks from Selesti, seems like an excellent company to work for.

May of been what they sold up front, but I'm pretty sure those on here involved in the community foundation that attended said the room was packed out

• Thanks 1

I am told that around 30 have or are leaving the club from various departments including Colney.

I was told that JF and GG were on good salaries and the club are looking at someone to more or less fill both roles for about 1/4 of the combined wage. I’m sure it’s no reflection on their ability, just cost cutting.

• Like 1

Didn’t they instigate a lot of change at Colney last year too? Perhaps this is phase two of a plan to try and go with ‘best in class’ across the whole club? I mean that with no disrespect to those on their way out as I’m in no position to assess their abilities. With redundancy involved though I suppose they have to create new positions as opposed to replacing like for like. Streamlining AND optimising? 🤷‍♂️

I thought you cut your cloth accordingly when you get relegated but promotion in our case seems to have had an opposite reaction to staffing and costs.

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought you cut your cloth accordingly when you get relegated but promotion in our case seems to have had an opposite reaction to staffing and costs.

The accounts provide staff numbers, split up into football and non-football sectors, so any changes up to today (June 30 being the end of the financial year) should be noticeable.

"Digital marketing"....and that means getting Robbie savage in to do a talk.........lmao. 

It's supposed to be Norwich city football Club, not any t*sser who happens to have played football then made a living out of acting a t*sser come to talk about it at Norwich.  Yes, I know he's had problems along the way....so have a lot of people, but his charge for that evening would have been quite high....and to get a couple of hundred people along could have been done with any number of ex-players come to talk about Norwich, it's history etc. 

Well done lads, you sold an evening's entertainment and got a couple of hundred people along.....remember though.....it's NORWICH CITY....got it?  I'll say it again......NORWICH CITY.  Kevin Keelan, Darren Huckerby, Grant Holt,  Dave Stringer.

Digital marketing is only as good as the people who run it......and getting "Robbie savage" is about as original an idea as putting tea in a teapot and calling it a pot of tea.   Anyone can get a media luvvy in and put b^ms on seats, but I'll say it again....NORWICH CITY.

I have wondered for a long time whether so many people need to be employed by any football club. Obviously the club needs income from outside matchday and training has to be administered. But I just wonder how much duplicity there is?

Doesn’t sound like a cost cutting exercise in fact the redundancy costs will be high 

sounds like with a bit of money they are doing a thorough top to bottom review of structure.

not before time, I hope the catering manager at the Gunn club is one of them. Useless tool 

5 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Doesn’t sound like a cost cutting exercise in fact the redundancy costs will be high 

sounds like with a bit of money they are doing a thorough top to bottom review of structure.

not before time, I hope the catering manager at the Gunn club is one of them. Useless tool 

After Roy Blower's Memorial Service on Thursday everybody was invited to TOTT for food and drinks and i was most impressed with the buffet including cup cakes that were to die for. The catering department has obviously upped their game considerably following complaints posted on here last season with regard to The Gunn Club.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Perhaps they are fixing the roof whilst the sun is shining.

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:57, lake district canary said:

"Digital marketing"....and that means getting Robbie savage in to do a talk.........lmao. 

It's supposed to be Norwich city football Club, not any t*sser who happens to have played football then made a living out of acting a t*sser come to talk about it at Norwich.  Yes, I know he's had problems along the way....so have a lot of people, but his charge for that evening would have been quite high....and to get a couple of hundred people along could have been done with any number of ex-players come to talk about Norwich, it's history etc. 

Well done lads, you sold an evening's entertainment and got a couple of hundred people along.....remember though.....it's NORWICH CITY....got it?  I'll say it again......NORWICH CITY.  Kevin Keelan, Darren Huckerby, Grant Holt,  Dave Stringer.

Digital marketing is only as good as the people who run it......and getting "Robbie savage" is about as original an idea as putting tea in a teapot and calling it a pot of tea.   Anyone can get a media luvvy in and put b^ms on seats, but I'll say it again....NORWICH CITY.

It is a local shop for local people.

glasses-league-of-_3254418k.jpg

• Haha 1