Sign in to follow this  
Massimo Venta Icenorum

Chase Back In

Don''t be so silly,

That man almost ruined our club.  He sold our best players, forced martin o''neill to quit.  Our loss was leicesters gain.  Yes we did play good football, but that was down to the coaching staff, not Chase.

oh my god, you''re joking right?! you''re not actually serious? if you are you''ve a short memory and it shows how little perspective you have. and it shows that you have in fact, also, lost your mind. but i''m guessing this is a tongue in cheek remark designed to provoke a response, so forgive me for rising to the bait, it gets me too wound up not to...

for a start, chase wouldn''t last ten seconds without falling out with the manager, whoever it was. he had a great track record of understanding and appreciating the playing side of running a football club didn''t he?! he drove out walker and abruptly ended the most successful ever period for the club. and just to put the cherry on the cake, when faced with a golden opportunity to fix his ills and get us back in the premiership and secure the services of, imo THE best manager of the last decade, he drove him out too. (i''ll leave people to figure out who that was, it''s not hard).

yes we''ve made money from his land deals now, but only after the club went through one of the worst periods in its history and nearly went down the drain in the process. If he''d invested in the team and the staff back in the first walker days instead of land, we wouldn''t have been relegated when we were and might have become a more established premiership team and recouped the land money we''ve made now ten times over in the last decade by being in the premiership.

instead of everyone looking to emulate charlton, it could have been us in their place by now and us that everyone looks to.

that is what he did for us and that is why he should never set foot in a carrow road boardroom - ever.

[quote user="Jon White"]

When Mr Chase was at Norwich we as fans saw the best football Norwich ever played.

The club is aslo making money from his land deals

Lets call back Mr Chase and have a change of board and move forward to the next level.

[/quote]

The next level being Administration obviously, Jon White (Jon Blue, I reckon - it was a Binner chant at one time - "Chase in, Chase in....").

Either that, or an illustration of how silly things have become on this board.

NO!

Despite the fact we went to 2 FA cup semi finals and finished 5th, 4th, and 3rd in the top flight, got into europe, developed Carrow Road, and Colney and have made millions out of Chase Purchasing land which we have later sold at a higher value (good business)... i wouldnt want him back here at all!

jas :)

great points, well made A1

I would also like to add, whatever we think of the current board, at least they listen, well up to a point.  Chase never liked the fans, unless he could brag about who he was and what business connections he had.  All he wanted was to bathe Carrow Road in cement, he ultimately wanted to move the "footballing side" out to Colney and cash in on the land around (and the ground itself) for development. 

The present board have learnt from his mistakes and moved on.  Sure, some of us think they are misguided, but they are sincere and want to do the best for the club, not themselves.

He ruined our club, both financially (we were two weeks from going under when he resigned) and he got rid of two excellent managers.  How anyone could have messed up Martin O''Neill''s reign better?  We had a great side under Mike Walker and for the sake of further investment he said no.  This on exiting Europe and being 2nd in the Prem!  Later with O''Neill, he woudn''t invest and the rest is history.  We got rid of him eventually.  No one spent ages deciding whether to protest then, we just did it.  Things may be bad now, but not as bad as under that man. 

We could have been Charlton and more.  We had such potential and he screwed it up.  How on earth he made it into the Hall of Fame I will never now.

We had great football under his reign due to the managers.  Nothing to due with him, he just sold all the best players. 

Good god, another one, what is going on on here? So which bit of

building Walker''s dream team did Chase have a part in?  That

success on the pitch during his reign was inspite of him, not because

of him. And it''s only now that we''ve seen a half decent return on that

land. What would you rather, that we had been to hell and back over 10

years before seeing that money, or that we''d have stayed in the

premiership and received enough tv revenue to completely dwarf the land

sale money? 

Read GTG''s post, that explains it best. Then go to bed. Without your supper.

Can''t believe people are taking this seriously.

Is this the thickest messageboard on the whole internet? :)