Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Membership scheme talks to be held

35 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

To be honest, the figures that Danny Casey produced suggest a far greater chance of getting tickets than that. Apparently we only sold out 4 away allocations last time we were in the Premier League and our average away following last season was less than 2000. Of course, it’s a different product and as such demand will be different and I imagine West Ham will be the first big test (close-ish, new ground, first afternoon away etc). There’ll be some disappointments along the way but then there always are; it’s just that it might be different people disappointed, especially with season tickets now carrying no weight. Families look to be hardest hit and there is a part of me that feels as though it’s almost means-testing away support, but, it’s always been that way in truth, this is just an additional cost. 

If if we are to liaise with the club and attempt to improve this scheme (it appears it’s here to stay) then I’d suggest it’s imperative that we all try and look at it from other points of view rather than our own. Our immediate reaction was to be concerned primarily about how it affected us all individually - that’s natural - but if we all feed back with purely personal objections and criticisms it’ll just be a bunfight that will benefit nobody; there isn’t a solution that will universally suit.

As if to emphasise my final point, I don’t know how many of you are on Facebook or follow the clubs official Facebook account, but there are some really valid points being made on there by fans from all over. However, they’re being lost in a cacophony of argument as fans willy-wave over their entitlement/loss of. 

The launch of the scheme has undoubtedly been handled poorly but getting stuck into each other over who is the most loyal, most committed, has been going the longest, most deserves an away ticket is all a bit silly. 

1 hour ago, Mind the gap said:

Odd then that you mention a car journey. Is that a northern thing ?.

No, it’s a Watford thing 😉

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

Thanks for the reply but I don't follow the logic as to why you think it fair for other season ticket holders to subsidise people who want to attend away matches.

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

Thanks for the reply but I don't follow the logic as to why you think it fair for other season ticket holders to subsidise people who want to attend away matches.

They aren’t subsidising people who want to attend away matches. The subsidy for away matches is supposed to come from the club. To be clear I don’t think that anyone should be paying more in a season where we have been promoted and receive £90m in tv monies. 

4 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Being self funded we need to raise cash

the average income of the fans attending simply has to increase to allow the club to maximise revenue per seat.

the discount for oap’s needs to be the next thing removed and increase the availability of younger season ticket holders to generate future income.

change is badly needed and not a bad first step 

Or an owner who puts some cash into the club rather than sits back and lets fans build her asset up for her. 

21 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

They aren’t subsidising people who want to attend away matches. The subsidy for away matches is supposed to come from the club. To be clear I don’t think that anyone should be paying more in a season where we have been promoted and receive £90m in tv monies. 

They clearly are if they do what you want and increase season ticket prices instead of charging away memberships.

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

They clearly are if they do what you want and increase season ticket prices instead of charging away memberships.

I’ve made it clear Nutty I don’t want or think they should do either. They don’t need to. It’s just greed. 

19 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Did those fan's groups consult all their members for their views before attending? 👨‍👨‍👧

No-one asked me what I thought. 🙄

Personally, I cannot speak for other fan groups, but the Trust put out various post through our social media channels, requesting feedback from all fans, not just members. It’s fair to say we received numerous responses, via email, Twitter and Facebook, the vast majority of which actually came from non-members.

In this context, any suggestions that we therefore only represent the views of a small minority of fans is somewhat misplaced, as many of the replies received covered similar issues raised both here and elsewhere.

Thanks for that GMF.

One point, if someone pays £50 for away membership and then gets to five away games, those tickets will effectively cost £40 each (£30 + £10). The Premier League's own rules state that away tickets should cost no more than £30 so how is this even allowed?

The more I think about it the more I think this coming premiership year all season tickets holder should be made to give up four home games without any money back to allow others to get to a game or two. The club would benefit from further sales for tickets, build on future support base, keep those casual fans happy that they get to see a few more games and I’m sure season ticket holders would be happy to help out fellow canary fans?

Its a win win situation all round! 👍😉

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

The more I think about it the more I think this coming premiership year all season tickets holder should be made to give up four home games without any money back to allow others to get to a game or two. The club would benefit from further sales for tickets, build on future support base, keep those casual fans happy that they get to see a few more games and I’m sure season ticket holders would be happy to help out fellow canary fans?

Sounds like a plan Indy.

Unfortunately I'm given to understand they wouldn't want my single seat or location. Apparently they need a bank of seats in a prime position to tempt them. Although getting it for free may make a difference to that decision making....

Would they bring their own blanket or expect me to provide that too?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Sounds like a plan Indy.

Unfortunately I'm given to understand they wouldn't want my single seat or location. Apparently they need a bank of seats in a prime position to tempt them. Although getting it for free may make a difference to that decision making....

Would they bring their own blanket or expect me to provide that too?

No they won’t get it for free Nutty, they still pay full price thus the club makes more money too! 

I suggest you can rent your blanket to cover the four games you lose out on? 👍

Kind of Time Share Season Ticket?

There’s another plan! Timeshare Season tickets! All supporters on the waiting list should be provided with longest serving season ticket holder to go into a joint timeshare so you each get every other game! Thus all those who’ve been every season for thirty or fourth years wont mind as  they've been to so many games and those who need to see Premiership sides at Carrow Road get to see at least 9 games! Jobs a good un!👍😉 

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

No they won’t get it for free Nutty, they still pay full price thus the club makes more money too! 

I suggest you can rent your blanket to cover the four games you lose out on? 👍

Kind of Time Share Season Ticket?

Even better because when they realise it's not up to the standard expected for casual fans  I would be able to pay for it again on buyback. At least it wouldn't be any more expensive than I paid the first time...

• Haha 1

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Even better because when they realise it's not up to the standard expected for casual fans  I would be able to pay for it again on buyback. At least it wouldn't be any more expensive than I paid the first time...

Of course you could always sub let your season ticket and blanket combo, make a few quid when Manure come to town?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Indy said:

We need more seats😉

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Thanks for that GMF.

One point, if someone pays £50 for away membership and then gets to five away games, those tickets will effectively cost £40 each (£30 + £10). The Premier League's own rules state that away tickets should cost no more than £30 so how is this even allowed?

The home Clubs aren’t permitted to charge away fans more than £30.00 for tickets.

The issue here is about how Clubs allocate tickets to their fans for away games. Although different Clubs operate this differently, here NCFC have effectively introduced a paywall to their own fans, charging £50 or £35, for priority access to away tickets. The only way NCFC fans could acquire away tickets at £30 each is if they go to general sale.

The whole thing is just so unnecessary and does go against the ethos preached by the club.

There is no justification for splitting out home and away memberships.

There is no justification for charging kids the full £50 for a membership.

There is no sensible way to square this sort of short term cash grab with the public proclamations about how badly fans get treated by our majority owners.

8 minutes ago, GMF said:

The home Clubs aren’t permitted to charge away fans more than £30.00 for tickets.

The issue here is about how Clubs allocate tickets to their fans for away games. Although different Clubs operate this differently, here NCFC have effectively introduced a paywall to their own fans, charging £50 or £35, for priority access to away tickets. The only way NCFC fans could acquire away tickets at £30 each is if they go to general sale.

This is true but not new? Surely nonmembers always had to wait for general sale to buy a ticket.

The issue here seems to be the increase in membership prices and the different tiers of membership. If everyone just brought the cheapest one nothing would have changed?

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This is true but not new? Surely nonmembers always had to wait for general sale to buy a ticket.

The issue here seems to be the increase in membership prices and the different tiers of membership. If everyone just brought the cheapest one nothing would have changed?

From a purity of product perspective it is different because of the imposed £30 price cap. So, in essence, if the club charge a membership fee and you require a membership to obtain an away ticket, you will always be paying more than £30 for your ticket. I assume the work around is that the membership offers additional benefits (?) and THAT is what you pay for? 

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

From a purity of product perspective it is different because of the imposed £30 price cap. So, in essence, if the club charge a membership fee and you require a membership to obtain an away ticket, you will always be paying more than £30 for your ticket. I assume the work around is that the membership offers additional benefits (?) and THAT is what you pay for? 

Not much- I think we get a scarf.

As many have mentioned all the £50 gets you is a chance at buying a ticket. Which people didn't have to pay £50 for before (or £100 if you're interested in home and away).

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Increase in price, different tiers and the split of home and away.

I'd have been OK with paying £50 for a membership that covered both (although think they should have stuck with a points system).

While I think ‘additional benefits’ might be over-egging; I also think that dismissing the £50 as just giving you a chance of a ticket is underselling it. Yes, if all 6,000 apply for every game then it is a chance, but they won’t and I’d be surprised if there are many occasions where somebody who has parted with £50 can’t get a ticket for a particular game. I’m sure there will be instances (Bournemouth, West Ham and Tottenham seem to be most likely to me) but they have thoroughly researched the available data with regard to how many fans tickets have to be made available to before an allocation sells out and it is normally way in excess of 6,000. 

We wont really know until we see it in action? 

10 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I know and there lies a problem because if we sell these tickets for £30 then they all have to go to general sale.

So back in 2004 I got an away season ticket in order to be assured of getting priority. So that was £20 + membership + whatever the ticket cost. So I never paid the price that was stated on the ticket. I paid 2 extra premiums to get me to the front of the queue.

Reading between the lines this just seems to be a moan by people who feel they have been deprived of a previous advantage for obtaining tickets. Wether that was deserved is open to question. There also appear to be another section who believe because we now have Premiership millions everything should be free, or at the very minimum, cheaper.

My view is that NCFC is not a charity and would be remiss in not maximising its financial opportunities. Ultimately the choice of paying or not is entirely your own.

37 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Sorry, when I said “new”, I should have been more clear. With the previous schemes members could acquire both home and away tickets for a single fee. Season ticket holders didn’t have to pay an additional fee for access to away tickets. This has now changed, but, obviously, if tickets go to general sale, then fans won’t pay anything else.

4 minutes ago, GMF said:

Sorry, when I said “new”, I should have been more clear. With the previous schemes members could acquire both home and away tickets for a single fee. Season ticket holders didn’t have to pay an additional fee for access to away tickets. This has now changed, but, obviously, if tickets go to general sale, then fans won’t pay anything else.

And the paywall hasn't been introduced because it was already there?

Surely though, even if we retained the points system people would pay more than £30? Say that tickets for Liverpool went on sale at 1200 points for the first window, that’s a season ticket and 4 away games or around £700ish. Again, you wouldn’t genuinely get a £30 ticket unless they went to general sale? Or is that different? 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

And the paywall hasn't been introduced because it was already there?

How is season ticket holders having to pay for priority access to away tickets (something that was previously free) not a paywall? Ditto for members who now, potentially, have to acquire a second membership if they wish to acquire home and away tickets? The FSA certainly thinks it’s a paywall.

.....this still doesnt safeguard the possibility of fans of other clubs who cant get into their home section paying £50 to join the lottery of getting a ticket in the away section with us , jumping ahead of people who have paid £500+ on a home season ticket at carrow rd to at least prove theyre a norwich fan??