Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Membership scheme talks to be held

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don’t think anyone should be paying more Ricardo. I really don’t. And I think the fairest thing would just have been to charge more for casual home tickets if they are that desperate for cash. But yes since it guarantees a seat I also think it would have been better/fairer to add a small amount to the STs than to charge people £50 to enter a lottery for away tickets. 

'kin hell!🤬👺😠Season ticket holders again. What have we ever done to posters on here. Casual tickets are already as cheap as season tickets let alone increasing them further to subsidise other people's jaunts.

Everybody seems to have a selfish view of what they believe is an entitlement. TBH I don't really see why people who pick and choose their away games should have any priority over other people who pick and choose their away games. Does it work like that for home games?

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don’t think anyone should be paying more Ricardo. I really don’t. And I think the fairest thing would just have been to charge more for casual home tickets if they are that desperate for cash. But yes since it guarantees a seat I also think it would have been better/fairer to add a small amount to the STs than to charge people £50 to enter a lottery for away tickets. 

'kin hell!🤬👺😠Season ticket holders again. What have we ever done to posters on here. Casual tickets are already as cheap as season tickets let alone increasing them further to subsidise other people's jaunts.

Everybody seems to have a selfish view of what they believe is an entitlement. TBH I don't really see why people who pick and choose their away games should have any priority over other people who pick and choose their away games. Does it work like that for home games?

I can't for the life of me understand why there has to be a separate membership for home and away games.

One £50 charge to be a member of the club and that should be it. same priorities can be applied as now and no problem. 

So can anyone explain why there has to be two memberships (apart from the obvious explanation that the club wanted to make more mopney from mebership fees) ?

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Where has the 6000 membership figure come from? 

(You can still buy them btw. )

I believe the club came out with that figure, whether it’s a total for home and away memberships I don’t know

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Thanks for the reply but I don't follow the logic as to why you think it fair for other season ticket holders to subsidise people who want to attend away matches.

1 hour ago, Mind the gap said:

Make sure yer hubcaps are locked.

I’ll actually be going by train.

52 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I can explain. The club wanted to make more money .

Such are the problems with being the only self funded club in the Premier League.

I notice that nobody complained in the past when the club financed the occasional away travel.

I to have to agree with Nutty, everyone is looking at it from their own selfish point of view. In the end the ultimate sanction is in your own hands, nobody is twisting your arm or robbing your bank account.

What it boils done to is the club is plucking the goose to get the biggest pile of feathers with the least amount of squaking.

• Like 1

Let's be honest here, the club could have out memberships at £500 and some on here would still claim any objections were just whining.

Being self funded we need to raise cash

the average income of the fans attending simply has to increase to allow the club to maximise revenue per seat.

the discount for oap’s needs to be the next thing removed and increase the availability of younger season ticket holders to generate future income.

change is badly needed and not a bad first step 

9 hours ago, Ren said:

A point that has been lost on NCFC over the years.  If they actually did renewals in April or May they would know what they are selling and we would know what we were buying and they could price accordingly.  I had this discussion with David McNally when he was here and all he could say was that it suited the club to have our money 8 months in advance of us actually getting the product we are paying for. 

I've been told by more than one Norwich City Chief Executive that when you're running a professional football club cash flow is crucial..... hence why we do our season ticket renewals in January. To be fair to the club it does actually balance out quite nicely if you're yo-yoing between the Championship and the Premier League - more quantity in the Championship (23 home games) - more quality in the Premier League (but only 19 home games). 

18 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

No way I’m getting goosed by Delia 

or plucked

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Let's be honest here, the club could have out memberships at £500 and some on here would still claim any objections were just whining.

No, we'd just be wondering what sort of idiot pays it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

No, we'd just be wondering what sort of idiot pays it.

Before long they'll be expecting other season ticket holders to pay for their halftime Bovril.

If folk wanna stump up £50 to be more important than other fans that's their own choice.

• Like 1

Anyone who has paid for the standard home OR away membership has just wasted their money, they haven’t a hope in hell of getting any tickets

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

I’ll actually be going by train.

Odd then that you mention a car journey. Is that a northern thing ?.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

@Graham Paddons Beard I’ve just tweeted Along come Norwich, apparently that’s 6k away memberships 😕 

If that’s the case it’s disappointing- the club know full well there are 3k max away tickets . I honestly think if you regularly fail to get tickets you have a case for a refund . 

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

If that’s the case it’s disappointing- the club know full well there are 3k max away tickets . I honestly think if you regularly fail to get tickets you have a case for a refund . 

See my previous post

6 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Did those fan's groups consult all their members for their views before attending? 👨‍👨‍👧

No-one asked me what I thought. 🙄

ACN & BEN don't have a membership Lapps.

35 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

3k tickets 6 k members. Seems like you have an even money chance of getting a ticket every match.

What were you expecting.

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

3k tickets 6 k members. Seems like you have an even money chance of getting a ticket every match.

What were you expecting.

I was expecting a membership offering me an opportunity to buy an away ticket to do just  that . What it says on the tin. 

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

What were you expecting.

To be honest, the figures that Danny Casey produced suggest a far greater chance of getting tickets than that. Apparently we only sold out 4 away allocations last time we were in the Premier League and our average away following last season was less than 2000. Of course, it’s a different product and as such demand will be different and I imagine West Ham will be the first big test (close-ish, new ground, first afternoon away etc). There’ll be some disappointments along the way but then there always are; it’s just that it might be different people disappointed, especially with season tickets now carrying no weight. Families look to be hardest hit and there is a part of me that feels as though it’s almost means-testing away support, but, it’s always been that way in truth, this is just an additional cost. 

If if we are to liaise with the club and attempt to improve this scheme (it appears it’s here to stay) then I’d suggest it’s imperative that we all try and look at it from other points of view rather than our own. Our immediate reaction was to be concerned primarily about how it affected us all individually - that’s natural - but if we all feed back with purely personal objections and criticisms it’ll just be a bunfight that will benefit nobody; there isn’t a solution that will universally suit.

5 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I was expecting a membership offering me an opportunity to buy an away ticket to do just  that . What it says on the tin. 

The law of averages mean you will get a ticket every other game. Just maybe not the games you want but then nobody else will either.

It will probably work out better than that because not everyone will want to go to every game.

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

To be honest, the figures that Danny Casey produced suggest a far greater chance of getting tickets than that. Apparently we only sold out 4 away allocations last time we were in the Premier League and our average away following last season was less than 2000. Of course, it’s a different product and as such demand will be different and I imagine West Ham will be the first big test (close-ish, new ground, first afternoon away etc). There’ll be some disappointments along the way but then there always are; it’s just that it might be different people disappointed, especially with season tickets now carrying no weight. Families look to be hardest hit and there is a part of me that feels as though it’s almost means-testing away support, but, it’s always been that way in truth, this is just an additional cost. 

If if we are to liaise with the club and attempt to improve this scheme (it appears it’s here to stay) then I’d suggest it’s imperative that we all try and look at it from other points of view rather than our own. Our immediate reaction was to be concerned primarily about how it affected us all individually - that’s natural - but if we all feed back with purely personal objections and criticisms it’ll just be a bunfight that will benefit nobody; there isn’t a solution that will universally suit.

I think you are right Duncan and the proof will be in the pudding . As I said earlier it is only a problem if it doesn’t work. 6000 may still be ok - but if it isn’t then it has been oversold . We won’t know until it operates . 

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I think you are right Duncan and the proof will be in the pudding . As I said earlier it is only a problem if it doesn’t work. 6000 may still be ok - but if it isn’t then it has been oversold . We won’t know until it operates . 

Yep. I mean, it could be that the actual panic over getting tickets might be misplaced. Tottenham and West Ham would be the two games initially that stand out as having the most potential for disappointments simply because they’re London and new stadia. That Spurs is midweek might help in that respect but we won’t know until it’s up and in action. 

• Thanks 1