Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Membership scheme talks to be held

So the club have responded to criticism of their new fangled home and away membership schemes and will hold talks with supporters groups

Maybe we'll be in for a refund ? I'm not holding my breath but it does need a fair old tweak.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

Norwich City Football Club has acknowledged the joint letter from supporter groups surrounding the new membership scheme.

The Club will communicate with supporters following a meeting with fan group representatives later next week to discuss the matters raised.  

Good news and maybe we will learn the thinking behind Jake Gent throwing the baby out with the bath water instead of tweaking the old system.

As competent Webber is the opposite can be said of Kensell, clearly out of his depth. 

It isn’t rocket science to sort out a ticketing scheme

which leaves me with no alternative but to demand the immediate and unconditional resignation of Kensell 

The organisation also question the Canaries' description of a loyalty points scheme as "antiquated" and point out that Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Watford, West Ham and Brighton all run loyalty points schemes, with only Villa charging a fee for access to away tickets.

Quote from the FSF which flies in the face of the spin Ben Kensell put on the old system.

Glad this is being sorted for those of you on home soil. Have to admit part of me was a little okay with the scheme, as it would allow me a higher chance of getting tickets whenever I'm back home over the season. Can't see too many friends and family giving up their season tickets as easily in a fresh prem campaign 😜. The bare-bones concept of the scheme isn't a terrible idea. But the financial burden passed on to families, season ticket holders is unjust, and felt for those of you who have been able to follow the boys endless miles around the country. A revision of the program is much needed, if not scrapped altogether.

1 hour ago, Wonder canary said:

On the positive side what a result for Robin Sainty and the trust

get this sorted and the man deserves an OBE

Nice try, but we know it's you Waveney.

I'm just worried what it means to me as an exile. Was hoping to make a big effort for away days this season now I am not working weekends but wont qualify via away points and the home games I get to I use a family season ticket.

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Norwich City Football Club has acknowledged the joint letter from supporter groups surrounding the new membership scheme.

The Club will communicate with supporters following a meeting with fan group representatives later next week to discuss the matters raised.  

I reckon it was Lakey's letter what swunged it.

22 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I should thinks so too.

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:
4 hours ago, Van wink said:

Yeah, it was me what dunn it.......seriously, I reckon it was the response they got from quite a lot of people that made them take notice, supporters of every kind, emails, letters, phone calls, supporters groups petitions etc.   The membership concoction has not been thought through well enough and they will hopefully change it - asap.

2 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I'm just worried what it means to me as an exile. Was hoping to make a big effort for away days this season now I am not working weekends but wont qualify via away points and the home games I get to I use a family season ticket.

Similar. I’ve spent £50 for away membership and was contemplating another £50 now it’s payday so my son or daughter could come to some games with me. What happens now? £50 wasted? Refund? Should I buy another?

funny thing is, it's not even the Plastic Man City, Man U games etc I am most bothered about. It's the likes of the Burnley game or Sheff Utd that are nearest me and I'm looking forward to where we have a good chance of points.

9 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Similar. I’ve spent £50 for away membership and was contemplating another £50 now it’s payday so my son or daughter could come to some games with me. What happens now? £50 wasted? Refund? Should I buy another?

I'd just hold off. No guarantee they will even do anything this season or at all. But better late than sorry. The away membership would be a good thing to have but I dont think getting tickets away from home, except for stadiums our size or smaller, would be an issue

In all fairness, I think the Club deserves some credit for accepting that they may have got this wrong and are prepared to have a discussion with supporters groups...... They didn't have to. 

The point system is a great loyalty piece and it certainly gave a huge advantage to season ticket holders or those that can travel to games slot to increase their total.

I think the scheme offers to increase the beloved following by giving others an opportunity. Those that maybe have moved to the area or are young and want to watch NCFC, a live football game and to stop the flow of Norfolk Man U fans as they are on the telly.

I have lived away in Leeds and London and managed plenty of away games but wish I could see more games and if by paying for a new membership system it gave me that opportunity and I knew I would find the club a little more.

I understand those that already invest a lot in a season ticket and I would if I could get the time to do all the games. Those that buy tickets as a family certainly now have an additional cost. But I do think growing our fan base is also important, so any scheme that allows that is to be commended but it also has to be fair. So as said glad the club are willing to hold a new conversation but I do think it is right to try and stretch the old system.

• Like 1

I think the club have been backed into a corner and feel they have no real choice but to meet fans given the out cry but I don’t think people should assume they will change anything for this season. An apology and a pledge to look at changes for next season more likely (when the demand will be less anyway whatever happens). Meanwhile the cash is in the bank this summer.

Someone on Facebook yesterday reckoned we’ve sold 7,000 premier away memberships and expect to have at least 8,000 although no idea if that is accurate.

Cannot see refunds being given......but the communication between the club and fans (and the supporters groups) on this has been p*** poor. 

Not calling for someone's head as others are but they do seem to be forgetting the loyalty shown towards our beloved club over the years should not be acknowledged by asking for a fee to continue our support because of promotion.

Now, if we did not get promoted would this 'let's call it what it is' CASH GRAB have happened? Unlikely.

Edited by BigManInTheBarclay

7 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I think the club have been backed into a corner and feel they have no real choice but to meet fans given the out cry but I don’t think people should assume they will change anything for this season. An apology and a pledge to look at changes for next season more likely (when the demand will be less anyway whatever happens). Meanwhile the cash is in the bank this summer.

Someone on Facebook yesterday reckoned we’ve sold 7,000 premier away memberships and expect to have at least 8,000 although no idea if that is accurate.

How reliable do you consider that person to be? Or was it just a randomer? If that figure is true, then it's absolutely scandalous. With 'the 750' guaranteed their tickets, that mean we'll have roughly three times as many signed up as the standard away allocation at most larger grounds (8,750 to around 3,000). And with Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth and Palace all having smaller stadia than us, that's going to lead to an awful lot of disgruntled fans who have paid £50 for very little.

25 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

How reliable do you consider that person to be? Or was it just a randomer? If that figure is true, then it's absolutely scandalous. With 'the 750' guaranteed their tickets, that mean we'll have roughly three times as many signed up as the standard away allocation at most larger grounds (8,750 to around 3,000). And with Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth and Palace all having smaller stadia than us, that's going to lead to an awful lot of disgruntled fans who have paid £50 for very little.

If this is indeed the case the club should scrap the scheme and refund the supporters as it offers no better odds of securing a ticket as bog standard general sale. 

I've admitted before I jumped straight into this and bought two away memberships without really thinking. Given the complicated system and short time in which to react, the club clearly benefitted from some ill judgment from supporters. Yes they didn't force me to part with £100, but it was the type of hard sell tactic you'd expect from a unscrupulous capitalist organisation, and not the community minded, fan focused club we had begun to believe in.

They don't need to resort to rip off tactics, they'll get our money one way or another, so long as there is value to the purchase (which doesn't necessarily mean in exchange for a commodity). 

So f not a refund, I expect to see something for that investment and the membership scheme scrapped, or enhanced in someway. Sadly, I can't see it though. Which does indeed put a blotch on all the good work the club has done in the last year or two to re-engage the fans. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Il Pirata said:

If this is indeed the case the club should scrap the scheme and refund the supporters as it offers no better odds of securing a ticket as bog standard general sale. 

I've admitted before I jumped straight into this and bought two away memberships without really thinking. Given the complicated system and short time in which to react, the club clearly benefitted from some ill judgment from supporters. Yes they didn't force me to part with £100, but it was the type of hard sell tactic you'd expect from a unscrupulous capitalist organisation, and not the community minded, fan focused club we had begun to believe in.

They don't need to resort to rip off tactics, they'll get our money one way or another, so long as there is value to the purchase (which doesn't necessarily mean in exchange for a commodity). 

So f not a refund, I expect to see something for that investment and the membership scheme scrapped, or enhanced in someway. Sadly, I can't see it though. Which does indeed put a blotch on all the good work the club has done in the last year or two to re-engage the fans.

I agree with all of this. I too forked out £100 for two premier away memberships for my wife and me, at a time where I can ill afford to spend that. The club basically took advantage of my 'FOMO' to prise money out of me (and thousands of others) at a time when their income has increased exponentially. It really isn't a good look.

I am still confused.

We know that Premier League away games have to be £30 now, regardless of where that game is. But wasn't it also said that we'd be charging only £30 for home games too?

If we change the membership scheme now, would home games for casual supporters go up and be more than that?

I have a season ticket so will be at the home games. I don't really travel away that often, so this whole thing doesn't irk me as much as others. I'm just thinking that it was brought in so we could keep home games at a lower rate without losing too much money.

All I'll say is that I hope this commercial side doesn't have too much on a impact on the footballing side (different pots, different budgets?)

Edited by BobLoz3

I  paid out £200 for mine, and I had the away Priority window !  It due to the fact I can't jump the queue and book my ticket, then wait the following day and try to get all the seats together. plus another £200 for home tickets together  !

Edited by SwindonCanary
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

With 'the 750' guaranteed their tickets, that mean we'll have roughly three times as many signed up as the standard away allocation at most larger grounds (8,750 to around 3,000). And with Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth and Palace all having smaller stadia than us, that's going to lead to an awful lot of disgruntled fans who have paid £50 for very little.

If I'm not mistaken the number of away tickets at all Premier grounds is not more than 3000 or so for all League games. I know when we've played at Old Trafford in the past we got just that small corner. Most Premier teams pretty much sell out each week so it's not flexiblelike in the Championship where we ended up with big allocations for places like Wigan and Millwall because the seats would've been empty otherwise.