KiwiScot

Fish, Shellfish and Aquatics

Fish everyone. Lets have it and what you like. I personally love scallops, but never afford them. Lovely stuff.

Edit. Fishing also. And if you prefer to just watch them. Fish tanks and diving/snorkling. What do ya love about fish!

Edited by KiwiScot

In a tin marked "tuna" or finger shaped with a light covering of batter, that's my limit.

I do take a Seven Seas fish oil capsule every day though.

Most shellfish - crab, squid, scallops.

Of the traditional fish-shaped varieties - Monkfish & Halibut are my favourites.  Cooked well, a decent piece of cod is lovely too - easy to over cook and ruin.  Prefer without batter if I'm honest.

I'm making a Goan seafood vindaloo this evening. Tomorrow is going to be challenging.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm making a Goan seafood vindaloo this evening. Tomorrow is going to be challenging.

Best steer clear of naked flames for a day or two.

6 hours ago, lappinitup said:

I like a nice wet plaice........

I'm itching for some crabs.

• Haha 1

Lots of bloaters in Yarmouth, personally would go for a bit of mackeral smoked in Cley

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

We will have wcorkcanary here in a minute with his take on classless scampi.

More than a minute Tillo, had to work today , again!! Semi retirement is harder work than I thought, but as I've been semi retired since 1984, I've got used to it. Will be back later once a couple of Starroprammen have washed the cement dust down. 

Righto! Whats all this fishy business going on ....on a football forum, the two things are incomparable, like biscuits and bricklaying.  Anyone who finds any link between the piscatorial and passing the pigs bladder is barking, barking.

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Righto! Whats all this fishy business going on ....on a football forum, the two things are incomparable, like biscuits and bricklaying.  Anyone who finds any link between the piscatorial and passing the pigs bladder is barking, barking.

Not so sure, always find a lot of carping in here

2 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Whole seabass or seabream seasoned/stuffed and cooked in foil in the oven

Cooking in this way is very nice but what is even better is burying it under the embers of a barbecue, slowly steaming it with the residual heat.

13 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Is KiwiScot Marco Stiepermann in disguise?

?

Much prefer crab to lobster - far more flavour. Moules marinier is great as are scallops. Turbot, halibut, barramundi are wonderful meaty fish and haddock or cod make fish and chips a treat. Oysters slip down a treat too.