Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

James Maddison article re U21s

Could only read the first couple of lines, but hes going to struggle to express himself playing behind Foden.

Bizarre double substitution cost them the game the other night.

12 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Bizarre double substitution cost them the game the other night.

I didn't watch the game but I was following it online, and I thought exactly the same thing. After the red card and the three subs, England ended up with a flat back four, three attacking midfield playmakers, and two centre forwards. Seemed an odd way to defend a 1-0 lead with ten men.

13 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I didn't watch the game but I was following it online, and I thought exactly the same thing. After the red card and the three subs, England ended up with a flat back four, three attacking midfield playmakers, and two centre forwards. Seemed an odd way to defend a 1-0 lead with ten men.

Couldn't understand it, when board went up for first sub assumed it would be Gibbs-White for Madderz. 

But the decision to bring two strikers on for Sessengon and Gray was probably the most bizarre substitution I've seen since Stuart Pearce's sub put David James upfront. 

12 hours ago, Darth Canary1 said:

England were ****e, France should of scored at least 5

Really? 

England could have had 5 by HT. 

Even for the 10 minutes after the sending off we created chances. 

We were fully in control until the double substitution 

Man Utd stepping up interest again it seems. Maddison to meet with Ole after under 21s.

Massive game against Romania, kicking off in 15 minutes on Sky Sports Football. Need a win to have any chance of reaching the semi-finals.

How the bloody hell is Aidy Boothroyd in charge of arguably the most talented crop of youngsters we've had in our history? He acheived sod all as a club manager, and hardly has a pedigree for playing Southgate-style passing fooball. Surely we need someone with experience of playing great football at a high level, whether as a player, manager or ideally both? Time for a change, I think.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

How the bloody hell is Aidy Boothroyd in charge of arguably the most talented crop of youngsters we've had in our history? He acheived sod all as a club manager, and hardly has a pedigree for playing Southgate-style passing fooball. Surely we need someone with experience of playing great football at a high level, whether as a player, manager or ideally both? Time for a change, I think.

Well out of his depth. Has to go.

That’s a bummer - I thought it was an evening kick-off - but maybe a good thing I missed it!

All these sides have decent players but we’ve certainly under-performed - we did create early in against France but also conceded poor pens and they missed some great chances even at 11v11.  Made me wonder if some of the players believed the hype about themselves rather than playing ‘properly’.

Thought Maddison was poor tonight. Romania have some incredible potential coming through, Haji looks like he will go on to follow in his fathers footsteps