Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Ben Godfrey

According to SSN, Ben is about to sign a new 5 year contract.

That would be one of the best signings of the summer if it happens IMO. Future Norwich Captain, and future England star.

Webber said in that interview recently that they were willing to revisit players contracts regularly and reward performance; Ben being a clear example of having a new contract that probably wasn't anything incredible and then the promise being kept of a new one with the next step up, its also locks him in and adds Value if the big clubs do come calling next year.

It frustrates me that Cantwells people seem to be trying to hold out for a bigger contract when it seems like Webber is sticking to the principle that if you sign a small improvement offer, play well the following season, they arnt going to wait till a year left to go before you get a new offer, its going to come well within your contract time. Ive got a lot of time for Todd, he broke into the squad, but simply put he didn't have the same impact as Godfrey, Arrons or Lewis who all made the position theirs. Hope they can work it out, but wouldn't be the first time in football something like this saw a player move on. 

• Like 1

If Todd doesn’t want to stay, then he wants to go. My guess is that Webber will have to call him on this as soon as he’s signed cover.

Todd and his people are trying to hardball the club. They lack the cards to play their hand this way. Maybe Todd should simply hand in a transfer request rather than be remembered forevermore as some kind of diva who is willing to run down his contract in an attempt to bully the club into a poor decision. 

if he can get a better deal elsewhere he should go ahead and do it. 

27 minutes ago, Bonzo said:

If Todd doesn’t want to stay, then he wants to go. My guess is that Webber will have to call him on this as soon as he’s signed cover.

Todd and his people are trying to hardball the club. They lack the cards to play their hand this way. Maybe Todd should simply hand in a transfer request rather than be remembered forevermore as some kind of diva who is willing to run down his contract in an attempt to bully the club into a poor decision. 

if he can get a better deal elsewhere he should go ahead and do it. 

I think people are getting carried away making assumptions. We do not know the details and to brand him as someone trying to bully the club or suggest he should hand in a transfer request is very premature.

I do not believe anyone on here has sufficient details to make a judgement on the situation and who is or isn't playing hard ball. I'd prefer if we refrained from guessing that Todd - who is one of our own - is the bad guy. If by chance he reads this website as a city fan, I don't think we're particularly helping the situation.

It's a man's world out there and Webber is not going to change the policy on wages/salary for one player.  If money is the issue with Todd,  then so be it. I rather suspect that Turnbull was not probably offered the kind of money he thought he should get either, hence his going back to Celtic.   We are not a big money PL team amd if players can't handle that, then they should move on.  We will of course be paying relatively good wages, but if players want more than the club is willing to pay, then that is fair enough and they should look elsewhere.

• Like 1

I love the way we’re renewing our best young players contracts, it like we’ve got them on a five year rolling deal to maximise our profits