pete

Mario's contract?

22 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not a bad record we had considering we were basically playing with ten men from February onwards.

Screenshot_20190619-121542.png

Sadly "ten men" is the operative word, after Buendia was suspended, we will put to the test. Central midfield was outplayed resulting in 4 draws. Only an injury to Trybull (overplayed) allowed Vrancic to be brought in for the last 2 games.

Just now, Six Pack said:

Sadly "ten men" is the operative word, after Buendia was suspended, we will put to the test. Central midfield was outplayed resulting in 4 draws. Only an injury to Trybull (overplayed) allowed Vrancic to be brought in for the last 2 games.

Yep, four draws is unacceptable. We should have won all 14. A record of 10-4-0 for a club at Championship level just isn't good enough.

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Balls ups don't play half a season and more in a promotion winning side. They are soon shipped out eg. Franke, Windshutt, Husband, Raggett.

I thought scapegoating was considered yesterday's stance in relation to City's current squad.

They will all, for the most part, have the chance to prove themselves capable of performing at the higher level in a matter of weeks now.

McClean deserves that chance as much as any other.

Not intentionally scapegoating BroadstairsR -  just saying as I see it.

If there is somehow he was playing to instructions, to be totally defensive then there maybe a better player in there. For our sake I hope so.

Six Pack is not generally positive when it comes to our football club - he'll be one of the first posters should we suffer a defeat next season.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Six Pack is not generally positive when it comes to our football club - he'll be one of the first posters should we suffer a defeat next season.

I know we will lose games this coming season. I can stomach losing. But I can't stomach "folly"

This David Turnbull fella Norwich are reportedly signing has a similar statistical output as Vrancic. Good at shooting outside the box, good at set pieces and good at progressing the ball into the final third. 

He could be seen as the guy to replace Vrancic once his contract expires. 

No matter how good a player has been in the season, they don’t ‘deserve’ a contract that means their club is paying them peak wages well into their 30s. I’d give Mario a one year extension on his current deal and then look at it again depending the which League Norwich are in at the end of the season. 

I think Vrancic is producing at a very high level. In really pressure moments when the eye are on him he has scored amazing free kicks, long range efforts and is technically sound when under pressure.

Turnbull's highlights show a bustling player, who is often in the right place to put the ball away. He is raw but you can see the talent. I certainly think with better players around him he will improve. In fact he can learn a great deal from Vrancic and Buendia about killer passes, composure and set pieces.

I think we waited a long time for a player like vrancic, there is a crook like ability there, to be in our team and I personally am happy to still try and keep him for longer. A player of that style is very rare.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

This David Turnbull fella Norwich are reportedly signing has a similar statistical output as Vrancic. Good at shooting outside the box, good at set pieces and good at progressing the ball into the final third. 

He could be seen as the guy to replace Vrancic once his contract expires. 

No matter how good a player has been in the season, they don’t ‘deserve’ a contract that means their club is paying them peak wages well into their 30s. I’d give Mario a one year extension on his current deal and then look at it again depending the which League Norwich are in at the end of the season. 

Even if he gets a 3-year-deal until 2022, chances are he'll play the last game of that contract as a 32-year-old. His game isn't based on pace so I wouldn't have a problem with him getting a three-year contract as long as it includes a relegation wage drop. 

Also, re: Turnbull. Is there a chance he could be loaned out for a season? We're well stocked in that position and a year getting regular game time somewhere could be useful.

• Like 1