Nuff Said

Jordan’s coming home!

6 hours ago, shefcanary said:

They were the ones to dress up for in my time.  But never did that so restricted to Gala and Jacquard.

I went on a trip on the Broads with a large group in the summer of 85-we started off at Potter Heigham, got down to Norwich and then back. On the night we stayed in Norwich I went to the Jacquard-I wanted to go there as The Higsons had recorded a live cassette there. I got chatted up in the toilets by the manager of the time. This is what it looks like now. 

4908D075-22A4-47B5-8F95-8F59F8061D32.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I got chatted up in the toilets by the manager of the time.

****! He told me I was the only boy for him. 🤪

48 minutes ago, Indy said:

I came away from watching the Red Hot Chilliest feeling rather sick, then it was at Portaloo Road, smelt like ****e all night! Had to have a bath when I got home!

I was at that gig too - took heavily-pregnant Mrs Mustard who complained the baby was spinning around all the time we were there. Thankfully he grew up with a good appreciation of the Red Hot Chili Peppers & has been a NCFC ST holder with me for a few years now. 

8 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

I was at that gig too - took heavily-pregnant Mrs Mustard who complained the baby was spinning around all the time we were there. Thankfully he grew up with a good appreciation of the Red Hot Chili Peppers & has been a NCFC ST holder with me for a few years now. 

Was a good gig, two things stick in my mind, one the guy with a flag running along the corporate box roofs and getting kicked out before they played and meeting a few fellow supporters from the lower Barclay there.

They were pretty damn good though along with Keiser Chiefs the best live bands I’ve seen.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I went on a trip on the Broads with a large group in the summer of 85-we started off at Potter Heigham, got down to Norwich and then back. On the night we stayed in Norwich I went to the Jacquard-I wanted to go there as The Higsons had recorded a live cassette there. I got chatted up in the toilets by the manager of the time. This is what it looks like now. 

4908D075-22A4-47B5-8F95-8F59F8061D32.jpeg

Still got my copy 

64980699_518243098914298_4618782451156647936_n.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yellow 63 said:

Still got my copy 

64980699_518243098914298_4618782451156647936_n.jpg

Quality-my brother had it-not sure if he's still got it. A load of us used to go to see them playing with The Farmer's Boys and Serious Drinking in London. Great nights out.

Still got my tickets too 

E6904259-324A-4886-8CBF-2C3DC17B2BE4.jpeg

Edited by Mr Angry
Added photo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

E6904259-324A-4886-8CBF-2C3DC17B2BE4.jpeg

Saw Higsons, Famers Boys and Serious Drinking at individual gigs whilst at Uni in Sheffield.  Took my Norwich scarf to each gig which ensured I got acknowledged by each of the bands.  Not sure rest of the audience were that impressed though ......  Still a great era in the Norwich music scene.

• Like 1

Great how this thread has morphed from a Jordan Rhodes ' will he won't he 'return to youthful reminices about getting chatted up in the male toilets of a now defunct Norwich music venue. 🙂

Oh, and it's b*oody annoying that they don't put the year on tickets !! Very frustrating when wading through your old stubs trying to work out when you went there :classic_sad:

15 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Great how this thread has morphed from a Jordan Rhodes ' will he won't he 'return to youthful reminices about getting chatted up in the male toilets of a now defunct Norwich music venue. 🙂

Oh, and it's b*oody annoying that they don't put the year on tickets !! Very frustrating when wading through your old stubs trying to work out when you went there :classic_sad:

I would say the gigs were 1983

Yeah, it was 1983. Lots of people got in free to the December one because someone from Serious Drinking opened the back doors, Clash style! All 4 bands were due to play Aylesbury Friars on 23rd December but Serious Drinking split up that night. It put a bit of a downer on the night. They reformed later with some different members.

4 hours ago, yellow 63 said:

I don’t think I’ve seen that before, thanks fir posting! Switch was right that there wasn’t really a Norwich “scene’, the Farmers Boys were ‘native’ but Serious Drinking were mostly students from UEA, and I think The Higsons were too.

• Like 1