Nuff Said

Jordan’s coming home!

5 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Well, considering the loan fee for him last season was reported to be around £2M, it won’t leave the kitty ‘untouched’. But it avoid Norwich being burdened with his contract

As we don't know exactly if that 2 mill figure is correct as a loan fee or a combination of loan plus wages, or just some speculative figure 'quoted' by a journo, i Shan't lose sleep over it. Perhaps i should have said relatively untouched, regarding the purchase kitty.

As for the premier League tax, i believe it only comes into effect when dealing with the likes of the top 6, did we add it to Madders price? If so then those that thought we sold him too cheap will be apoplectic, and if not they will ask why not. ....and still be apoplectic.

I can't imagine Webber, although acknowledging that premier League means premier prices, falling for that one when JR is being discussed. After all, we don't need him, we just want him, big difference when haggling begins .

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

How can you be underwhelmed without knowing the rest of our transfer targets?

Underwhelmed because in my opinion Jordan is not good enough in The Premiership. We need to upgrade the strikers to assist Pukki for a season in the best league in the world.

• Like 1

Well, I had the good fortune of having a chat with Mr Rhodes this morning; he was at Gravity with his daughter. After some standard Dad chat I came out with it and asked if he was staying. He answered, "I really hope so, it'd be a dream come true."

He then said one of Norwich or Wednesday start training a week on Friday and the offer start a week on Monday (can't remember which way round) so he hoped it could be sorted within a week but he wouldn't say more than that. I told him it'd make my 6 year olds day and hethen started telling him about how the building we were in used to be a nightclub and generally wittering on like a fan boy and he probably thought I was a bit odd. 

Still, lovely bloke, adorable little girl and I genuinely think he can do a job for us as a player too, on the pitch as well as off it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Well, I had the good fortune of having a chat with Mr Rhodes this morning; he was at Gravity with his daughter. After some standard Dad chat I came out with it and asked if he was staying. He answered, "I really hope so, it'd be a dream come true."

He then said one of Norwich or Wednesday start training a week on Friday and the offer start a week on Monday (can't remember which way round) so he hoped it could be sorted within a week but he wouldn't say more than that. I told him it'd make my 6 year olds day and hethen started telling him about how the building we were in used to be a nightclub and generally wittering on like a fan boy and he probably thought I was a bit odd. 

Still, lovely bloke, adorable little girl and I genuinely think he can do a job for us as a player too, on the pitch as well as off it. 

Something about a springboard to future success...

I must admit, I was surprised how active he was given the risk of injury. I grew up with an academy lad who came within a whisker of the first team (he travelled to an away game as a reserve if anyone got injured or fell ill) and despite not making it, he was massively restricted by the club about things he could and could not do away from the pitch. Trampolining would definitely have been prohibited. 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I must admit, I was surprised how active he was given the risk of injury. I grew up with an academy lad who came within a whisker of the first team (he travelled to an away game as a reserve if anyone got injured or fell ill) and despite not making it, he was massively restricted by the club about things he could and could not do away from the pitch. Trampolining would definitely have been prohibited. 

Those clauses were found to be unenforceable so most clubs don’t bother with them anymore. 

The most famous of these clauses was Stefan Schwarz was banned from going to space by Sunderland. He has his name down for a commercial space flight and Sunderland weren’t keen on the odds of it landing it seems. 

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Used to love Lava Ignite in my student days.

Time was my era. My clubbing days were on the wane when it was Lava Ignite, probably only went there a couple of times. 

But Time I was there almost every Thursday for 18 months, my teeth still hurt when I think of the VKs, purchased 12 at a time just before 11 when they stopped costing a quid. 

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Time was my era. My clubbing days were on the wane when it was Lava Ignite, probably only went there a couple of times. 

But Time I was there almost every Thursday for 18 months, my teeth still hurt when I think of the VKs, purchased 12 at a time just before 11 when they stopped costing a quid. 

I was at UEA and L/I was the best student night. 

Shame the dancefloor fell through the roof I guess...

57 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Time was my era. My clubbing days were on the wane when it was Lava Ignite,

I have no idea what you’re talking about but if you’d have mentioned the Samson, Penny’s or Tudor Hall...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I have no idea what you’re talking about but if you’d have mentioned the Samson, Penny’s or Tudor Hall...

Or Cromwells, Crockers or Scamps we'd know exactly!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

West Runton Pavilion ! 

......and the 19th Hole before you went in. 🙂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

West Runton Pavilion ! 

Is that the sports bar as it is now by the golf club?

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Is that the sports bar as it is now by the golf club?

I think there are flats there now, haven’t been to West Runton for years

On 19/06/2019 at 17:58, FenwayFrank said:

No one's mentioned Rick's Place yet!  I often wonder what it's like in there now and in Pennies when I drive past Anglia Square.  Rick's was very 80s as I recall, lots of black, chrome and mirrors.

Edited by Woodman

19 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

West Runton Pavilion ! 

Ah, saw Motorhead there in the early 80's.  Yes, I do suffer from Tinnitus!  Far too loud a band at the height of their powers in such a small venue.

On 19/06/2019 at 17:58, FenwayFrank said:

They were the ones to dress up for in my time.  But never did that so restricted to Gala and Jacquard.

On 19/06/2019 at 21:18, funny old game said:

Or Cromwells, Crockers or Scamps we'd know exactly!!

Or Legs as Scamps was called originally.

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Ah, saw Motorhead there in the early 80's.  Yes, I do suffer from Tinnitus!  Far too loud a band at the height of their powers in such a small venue.

I also watched Motorhead in the early 80's. I've never taken drugs, but came out of the gig as high as a kite !

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

I suffer from tinnitus too but I’ve never seen Motörhead, it was after seeing Supergrass a few years ago

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I suffer from tinnitus too but I’ve never seen Motörhead, it was after seeing Supergrass a few years ago

I came away from watching the Red Hot Chilliest feeling rather sick, then it was at Portaloo Road, smelt like ****e all night! Had to have a bath when I got home!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1