Nuff Said

Jordan’s coming home!

Maybe I’m just gullible, but there are some strong suggestions on Twitter from Gary Gowers that JR is signing.

would he be up to it ?

up for it, most certainly

but I'm not too sure about the former

if you check back on your report of the game your actual words were

'JR had a shot'

• Haha 1

Having worked with him for the whole season I would trust the judgement of Farke and the track record of Webber to make the right choice for us.

Edited by Van wink

4 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Doesn't sound like the most concrete of sources

On the face of one tweet, yes. But it’s the same source that said he was coming last year before anyone else had any suggestion of it, according to Gary Gowers.

• Like 1

I remember that Villa game where he was at his best, standing in for Pukki, taking responsibility and winning us the match.  If he can be that kind of player again to come on and deliver after hardly playing at all, we will be lucky to have him.

• Like 1

Would be proof that Farke and Webber really are valuing the team ethos above anything else.

Which I have no problem with and equally as I've posted before, a decent third choice / roll of the dice option.

Looking back on the season highlights, although Pukki took the plaudits with his goals and all round performance, Rhodes stepped up at critical moments with goals and assists. 

Listening to Webber talking about him his value is also off the field. 

Therefore even if he’s not a regular starter, having him around the place will be a highly positive influence. 

I also understand that Sue Ellen likes the area very much.

How much is this going to cost? We discussed this to death the other week, the general feeling was that most would have him back as third choice,  if the price was right. 

I was out jogging yesterday, came across a man cutting his hedge, who said that his cousins best friend’s half brother’s cousin, had been playing golf with this fellow , whose sister washed up at Barcelona and said it was Messy!!!

11 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

He would be second, not third choice

Well, I hope not. We would still need another - and better - striker.

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I can’t see us going out and buying two strikers, whoever comes in would need to be putting pressure on Teemu. I think we would all be more excited if it was Drmic rather than Rhodes

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Seconded

10 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

On the face of one tweet, yes. But it’s the same source that said he was coming last year before anyone else had any suggestion of it, according to Gary Gowers.

We need to find out which pub this is then. They'd make a fortune out of us.

With Roberts, buendia, hernandez and Marco as creative players. If Rhodes was brought in we could be moving for a player like da Costa who can fill in wide and up the middle.

If we have creative players they will find poachers and natural goal scorers will score their goals, Murray at Brighton is one.

I do think if Rhodes was to come in we would need that additional striker/ number 10.

Either way just hope we are getting closer to a few deals. I know a few rumours are with those players with contracts that finish at the end of this month. Let's hope we can then get them secured.

South of £5 million and I think it's a great deal.

I agree with smooth that a forward who can play up the middle or out wide would be a welcome addition, but, and I appreciate this will probably be a minority opinion, I would be happy starting the season with Pukki, Rhodes, Srbeny with the ever-increasing Idah starting to get opportunities with a view to becoming third, and then maybe second, choice as the season progresses.

9 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I can’t see us going out and buying two strikers, whoever comes in would need to be putting pressure on Teemu. I think we would all be more excited if it was Drmic rather than Rhodes

As things stand we have got a player in on loan (I know that is not cost-free but...) and most of the others we have been linked with with are (I think) free agents, such as Gilmour, Bakalorz, and Thill.

Added to which one of the strikers we have been linked with that we would have to pay money for, da Costa, can apparently play on the wing. And I assume we do not think Srbeny is PL standard.

I'm not entirely sure where the Drmic love in comes from. I've not seen anything of him, either stats or the handful of times I've seen watched him play, that suggest he'd be pulling up trees here.

For a moment I thought the OP was talking about the guy who occasionally plays in goal for Wolves 🙂  

For what it’s worth I don’t think having the other JR back would work. I just don’t think he’s quite good enough for the Premier League but SW and DF haven’t got much wrong so far.