Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Mayor Kenny extends his Reign

Thats a really usefull graph IS👍

Mario is indeed the concern atm, hopefully that will be resolved shortly.

Edited by Van wink

There is some impressive work going on behind the scenes. Never known a time like it at the football club.

Edited by unique

Mario signed for 3 years, which was long enough at the time but we’d all certainly  like to see it extended now!

It’s interesting how contract extensions are ‘good’ when things are going ok but you’re “saddled” with them when they aren’t/the player doesn’t work out so well.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Mario signed for 3 years, which was long enough at the time but we’d all certainly  like to see it extended now!

It’s interesting how contract extensions are ‘good’ when things are going ok but you’re “saddled” with them when they aren’t/the player doesn’t work out so well.

Of course. 

There appears to be only one ‘dud’ amongst the ‘ 3 years +’. I don’t suppose Marshall will now get the opportunity to crack it at Norwich.

Guess negotiations with Vrancic are harder than other players due to his age.

He’s just turned 30 and I doubt Norwich want to give him a long contract, while Mario will be keen for something as long as possible as this is the last big deal he’ll get. 

• Like 1

It’s tricky - you can imagine if things don’t work out how we want, the current regime would be questioned about giving long contracts to the older guys in the same way as before.  It’s a bit ‘damned if you do damned if you don’t’.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s tricky - you can imagine if things don’t work out how we want, the current regime would be questioned about giving long contracts to the older guys in the same way as before.  It’s a bit ‘damned if you do damned if you don’t’.

exactly

if we come straight down parachute payments are only for 2 years

which is probably why so many end when 2 year parachute payments end - 2022

stay up this season and we then have parachute payments up to 2024 at a minimum so I expect there will be the ability to extend contracts further next summer - to those applicable that is

I would imagine Vrancic is looking for a 3 year contract when the sensible option from the clubs perspective is 2 years.

The agent will then demand a higher rate for a shorter contract and it goes back and forth. 

These contracts are so complex.