Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

George Burley for NCFC Manager Yes or No??

George Burley''s Managerial Record

TeamFromToGamesWonLostDrawn
Hearts 30-06-2005 21-10-2005 12912
Derby 31-03-2003 07-06-2005 107394325
Ipswich 28-12-1994 11-10-2002 40918512797
Colchester 01-06-1994 24-11-1994 20875

not bad considering derby were heading to division one when he arrived (and he signed Rasiak and Idiakiz for them)

Nigel Worthington''s Managerial Record

TeamFromToGamesWonLostDrawn
Norwich 04-12-2000 Present  244988957
Blackpool 08-07-1997 23-12-1999 134445634

and getting worse as the weeks go by

Yeh i wouldnt mind Burley,but then again i wouldnt mind any manager who had one ounce of a idea what they are doing.

I''ve just got one question. Why are you asking questions like that when we still have a manager? But saying that, if and when Worthy gets sacked/resigns then yes Burley would be a good mamager.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]NO, NO, NO

once scum always a scum.[/quote]

Precisely. Have we learned nothing from the Agent Hamilton period?

No. Firstly why would he come here? Secondly his connections, we have had one fifth columist  already. Thirdly how long before his previous loyalties came a problem with poor performances came to the fore. Fourthly how many of you have sang "There''s a circus in town"!

If Worthy goes then lets not get an ex-Ipswich loyalist here.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]NO, NO, NO

once scum always a scum.

[/quote]

Is that a sarcastic comment or serious? If serious then wake up, this is professional football, not a pantomine. I couldnt care less if he managed ipswich, supported ipswich, hell he could even be on their board. The fact is he is a quality manager, and as such I would love him here.

Just cant see him wanting to come here though (Not due to ipswich/norwich, just because I can see him going to a higher club than us)

According to those stats, Burley has a career points ratio of 54.8% (i.e. total points won vs. points available).

Worthy scores 50.4%.

So does that make Burley significantly better than Worthy?

Or (heresy!) maybe Worthy is not actually that bad a manager?

As I have pointed out - its not about worthy being a bad man, bad manager etc its just that Worthy has had his time at City as he no longer seems to have the ability to deliver results.

Burley is a great manager but Ippo were right to sack him (when he was still a great manager) when they found themselves in an identical situation to us.  It saved their season and a couple of seasons after when they kept themselves in play off situations rather than fighting relegation which is where burley left them.  I do not and never have thought that means royle a better manager than burley, but he brought a fresh approach and impact to the same set of players and rejuvenated them.

Worthy (and more importantly the club) is at the same cross roads.  He has the skills to be a successful manager (play off and champions show this) and we have benefited from that.  But he currently has a squad of his own that is not united as a team, has poor tactics, that apparantly openly flout his chosen approach and is not performing to the standard they should.   In addition there are many many issues with his leadership and style that have been repeatedly highlighted and wont be regurgitated here. 

Worthy is not a bad manager (nor is he so perfect as to suggest that ''there is no one better out there'' as has been muted by the club) but he is a good man who can be a successful manager who has lost his effectiveness at this club. 

We should be getting more from this squad of players (Pulis has rejuvenated Jarrett for example) and that responsibility lies solely with the manager. That is his job.  And that is why he should go.

OTBC

[:$][:(]How sad that our judgement can be so blinded by bigotry that one of the most successful domestic managers in recent years should be excluded from our club because he managed our rivals down the road.    

We have had many players from Ipswich succeed at city and I am glad they did.

I bet forest fans are glad they took Clough as their manager rather than listen to the their fans who did not want his because he once successfully managed their bitter rivals Derby.

Sheesh - some fans...

OTBC 

[quote user="ncfc0405"]

According to those stats, Burley has a career points ratio of 54.8% (i.e. total points won vs. points available).

Worthy scores 50.4%.

So does that make Burley significantly better than Worthy?

Or (heresy!) maybe Worthy is not actually that bad a manager?

[/quote]

I make burley have taken 51.82% points available  so in a 46 game season 71.5 pts

I make worthy has taken 45.59% points available  so in a 46 game season 62.9 pts

Burley Won 241 Drew 129 Lost 178 (includes 2 premiership seasons)  852 points / 1644

Worthy Won 142 Drew 91 Lost 145 (includes 1 premiership seasons) 517 pts / 1134

Having said that both wasted their premiership money... Worthy has still lost more than he won - as for peeps mentioning hamilton - he was hired due to the success during his tenure under Burley at Ipswich.  We somehow thought he was behind it (as a manager he was atrocious everywhere)

Yes, althouigh it''s a little academic, - Worthy will be with us for several months and by then Burley will be fixed up elsewhere