despite being out for years and breaking down with injuries every 

minutes.

A lot will hinge on whether he gets a premiership move in January. I

for one would be happy to see him go because he''s long overdue a big

move and has more than earnt it. He has been a great servant to the

club and deserves his chance to progress. And GK is about the only

position where we have half decent quality cover, at least at this

level.

If i were him I would now be looking for a move - he has been totally loyal too this club and i have no problem with him now leaving to further his career - which it looks like is starting to stagnate here.

Bit like the whole club actually - it is stagnating -we moved to another level and failed to build and are heading back where worthy began 5 years ago

Our good players

Greeno - off soon if he can get a move

Ashton - off January

Safri

Mckenzie - will he ever play for us again - i hope so

Drury - sorely missed every time he misses a game

dont forget Scott Carson.

Greeno should cut his losses and go.. he has an international career ahead of him and could easily be Englnds number 2 at least for years to come... but he wont be doing that here.. also, if the unthinkable happens and we go down then Regardless if greeno gets back in the premiership i doubt he will ever feature for England again.

Much as id be sad to see him go, i think he should consider his future, he''s still young and id love to see him playing at a major tournament knowing he came from the Carrow road production line...

i dont think anyone here would hold it against him if he did choose to leave, lets just hope he''d get the send off he deserves from the Carrow road faithful.

Go for it Greeno! Englands number 1 some day!

jas :)

Last 18 months or so he''s made some good stops but his confidence has taken a terrible knock and he no longer looks much better than average. I don''t think he''ll go- in fact I think he''s clinging onto the squad by his fingertips. Sad to see. 

...but where could Greeno go and be guaranteed the first team football needed to secure a world cup place...cant think of a single prem team that needs a 1st choice keeper at the moment, add to the fact that Niemi will probably be available...

i think if kirkland is fit (big if) he''ll take Robinson, James and Kirkland

Sorry A1, but I don''t think Green has a chance of making the squad, and IMO rightfully so.

His game hasn''t improved since we left the Championship.

He should have left in the summer to be fair, but no-one wanted him.

He has no authority of the goalmouth, rarely comes for crosses, and recently his kicking has been modelled on Andy "the cat" Marshall.

I''m no fan of Flapper, but his performances in the Premiership are solid, and he''ll definitly go as he has the experience. Robinson is the Number 1, which leaves Greeno fighting it out with Kirkland, and possibly even Carson, If Kirkland stays fit he''ll go

i agree with what most of robbo said.  Greeno''s an ace keeper, but

wasn''t so hot on coming out for crosses - preferring to stay on his

line and let the central defenders to their job.  Greeno started

to come out for crosses during the boltom match last year, but IMO he

still needs to work on commanding his area. 

He''s gradually moving down the swedes pecking order and unless he moves

to prem and keeps clean sheets/performs well he probably won''t get

selected for gremany. Its not his fault, but city have let far too many

goals in last season and this.

Robinson, Kirkland, James. no chance 4 green

Sven has made it clear kkirkland is his number2 and he would not of bought james back into the squad if he wasn''t off to germany. He would have picked carson or someone. So if kirklands fir green can start planning his summer holiday.

As well as the other names mentioned dont forget Carson and Ashdown - both are probably in front of Green. A move in Jan will make no difference to his chances - he''ll be lucky to ever get picked again

Agree that Svens first choices are probably Robinson James then Kirkland.  Greens hope will improve if he moves and plays for a prem club from Jan but will remain dependent on Kirkland being injured.

Of the others mentioned Carson is third choice at Liverpool and Ashdown looks distinctly average.  Being in the squad already gives Greena  clear headstart as the rest of the squad know him.

As Kirkland is so injury prone I think he can still make it.

OTBC

I`ll go a stage further , Greeno  will never be  a world class keeper !   he got a cap or two on the strength of  promotion season  , but was soon found out   when he played a couple of friendlies for England , and letting in a record  number of goals in our prem season  ,illustrated  to all the clubs , that here was  a faulty keeper .....

As has been said  here , he  freezes on the line  when crosses come in ,  surely it must have occurred to him  that he CAN actually jump up and catch the ball with his hands !!   whereas the defenders  only have their feet , 

GET RID !   he`s a liability  , said so for a long time ,  he lets in too many strange  ones for my liking ....................

The queality of englands keepers is not great at the moment but Greeno is far from a liability Sheded.  I dont recall anyone saying he is world class but he bears comparison with Englands other options - I still think only Robinson and Martyn are better.

I am fairly confident that we will miss greeno far more than we realise when he moves on and is replaced by one of of back up keepers.

At the start of this season our first thre games would have been defeats had it not been for some superb saves from Green - I have no doubt his confidence will improve when he gets the sort of protection Robinson, Cech, Van der saar gets rather than that provided by citys teams over the last two seasons. 

OTBC

There is abolsutely no chance whatsoever of Greeno going to Germany.  The only way he''ll go is if Kirkland''s usual injury spate kicks in and another keeper gets injured too.  It''s obvious Eriksson''s first choice 3 is Robinson, Kirkland and James.  Fair enough.  All play in the Premiership, all play well for their clubs.  IMO even if Kirkland got injured, he''d pick someone like Carson or Camp ahead of Greeno. 

To be absolutely honest I don''t think Greeno''s goalkeeping this season warrents a place in the World Cup squad.  Sorry Greeno

[quote user="sheded"]

I`ll go a stage further , Greeno  will never be  a world class keeper !   he got a cap or two on the strength of  promotion season  , but was soon found out   when he played a couple of friendlies for England , and letting in a record  number of goals in our prem season  ,illustrated  to all the clubs , that here was  a faulty keeper .....

As has been said  here , he  freezes on the line  when crosses come in ,  surely it must have occurred to him  that he CAN actually jump up and catch the ball with his hands !!   whereas the defenders  only have their feet , 

GET RID !   he`s a liability  , said so for a long time ,  he lets in too many strange  ones for my liking ....................

[/quote]

Greeno was EXCEPTIONAL during our premiership season but like the team his morale is low.  Last year the centre of defense was poor, leaderless and short for much of the season., inexperienced for other parts of the season...