Sign in to follow this  
Surfer

New Kits - Why did you...?

It's the time of year that new kits get released and there are some stunningly bad ones this year. 

West Ham and Birmingham first of all -

Edited by Surfer

And it's hard to mess up a striped shirt but West Brom and Southampton seem to have found a way. 

Edited by Surfer

And two I'm not so sure about - they could both look pretty decent, and in Sunderland's case it's so much better than the one from two years ago when they were in the Champs. 

Edited by Surfer

Must contain mostly yellow ones with significant green content mean relegation, although I am sure this not the entire reason for being relegated but does cast a shadow. 

46 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

....do we know when ours will be unveiled?

Do teams generally change every season now. Shame, I like our kit this season, doubt a new one would be an improvement. Do kits no longer have an expiry date on them so its fair on fans? Been a long time since I bought a replica shirt

53 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

....do we know when ours will be unveiled?

Usually coincides with Royal Norfolk Show, so the week after next I'd imagine.

West ham would have been ok if it had white shorts

....as for us , we're obviously still hamstrung to work within the limits of errea....just hope we have something better than theyre last offering the last time we were in the premier league when they somehow contrived to make 3 terrible kits in the home,away and 3rd ..

25 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....as for us , we're obviously still hamstrung to work within the limits of errea....just hope we have something better than theyre last offering the last time we were in the premier league when they somehow contrived to make 3 terrible kits in the home,away and 3rd ..

https://metro.co.uk/2015/07/20/youssouf-mulumbus-changing-faces-sum-up-norwich-citys-new-kits-5305084/

The home kit that year had promise. I think they were going for the retro half and half look...

However, clearly Aviva were not having it - so we ended up with that horrible tetris shaped home kit, thanks to the massive yellow block in the middle

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm much happier that Errea is our designer, rather than Nike/addidas/umbro/your standard street sports wear. So many new kits that are released in association with the global brands, are just training kits they sell in mass quantity already. They literally just take one from their site, slap a badge, sponsor, and premier league patch on  them, and then up the cost by £35. (See Liecester as most recent example)

Having said that. I believe a few this year would of been happy to of bought a blank training kit and sow their own badge on to avoid the sponsor 😂

The West Ham shirt looks like the one they wore during the Brooking, Devonshire days, with a light blue chest. I agree that the shorts should be white. 

As for the Chelsea shirt, it doesn't matter if it's sh!te, they'll sell millions, just like some of the abominations that Man U have dredged up over the years. 

Just looked on the club website for something and noticed that our kit launch last season was 2nd July - perhaps we’ll be a bit earlier this year.

15 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I have no issue with errea. Fantastic quality of clothing and love the latest stuff from the club shop, pricey yes but you get what you pay for.

As for kit designs, the home kit that year would’ve been great if not for the Aviva badge, love a half and half shirt. The current kit is the best in many a year.

Looking forward to the new shirt and some new stuff to get from the club shop

It's usually around this time I'll have a look at what Errea has released so far and try and dream up what we might look like this year. However, for the last 2 years we've had sets of completely bespoke designs which makes guessing pretty useless.

Personally I think it might be pinstripes/ stripes this year. They haven't been used since the 80's a la Adidas and Hummel, and the market vibe this year is a retro feel.