The Great Mass Debater

First Round Game 1 (2003/4  vs  2012/3)

First Round Game 1 (2003/4  vs  2012/3)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. 2003/4  vs  2012/3

• 2003/4
    • 2012/3

11 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

This is great ! ( what are we supposed to do ? )

Should work now, sorry, work in progress. You have to study the squads of the two teams selected, then vote for who you think would win by liking your choice. Will tally up the votes at the end to see who progresses

Really tough this one. Both great teams. When I ran through the 2003/4 squad I thought, unlikley I wont be picking them, but then when I read through 2012/3 Bassong and Turner were immense that season so that just gave them the edge IMO

Logically it should be easy, our best season in terms of position in the league system since that glorious 92/93 season but I've voted with my heart and gone for the last ever Division One Champions. That was a great team and a magical season; Huckerby's loan signing, the will-he-won't-he-sign culminating in that Boxing Day on pitch announcement, Iwan's last ever game in the yellow and green. 

That season has burnt several memories into my psyche that I will take to my grave. I'm struggling to recall too much from the other season, beyond the scraped and slightly fortuitous victories against Arsenal and Man United. 

• Like 1

This is an interesting debate, because the level was different, but one is a team that won a division, the other didnt win nearly as many games. Beyond looking at the individuals, is a team greater than the sum of its parts? Does a less able team, but one that has a winning mentality trump a team with better players? That 2012/3 season was also a season of two halves, first half we were very efficient, with a good unbeaten run and results ground out against top teams, which all fell apart second half