Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Norwich City Knock-Out Tournament

I will shortly be pitting Norwich's last 32 squads against each other in a knockout competition. Matches will be selected via random draw. All you have to do is assess the squads of each team in each match, and then pick which you think will win. You vote by 'reacting' or liking the squad of your selected victor. Comments welcome but will not contribute to the the overall vote. First round will run Saturday 15th June

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Binner.

That was random and unexpected.😂

I liked your idea but I fear it is too big and cumbersome. The fact that we still don't know what our quota of reactions is doesn't help either.

Good idea, needs tweaking👍

• Like 1

I assume as none of your post are here anymore means this has been pulled - I ran out of reactions after match 7 so can't see how it can work.

Maybe introduce the threads at a slower pace and try to create a poll on each one instead?

• Like 1

I was inspired by something that did the rounds on Twitter. If you're not a parent you wont have seen it, but someone ran the 'CBeebies World Cup' where Twitter users (parents) would vote for CBeebies programmes paired off against each other in a knockout tournament. At the end there would be a winner. (Hey Duggee every time btw)

Works well on Twitter, tried to adapt it on here. Having limits on the reactions did cross my mind but I didnt think it would be a problem. 

Its certainly cumbersome in the initial stages, but after the first round it will boil down and be easier.

I think its a novel way of comparing each years squads and gaguing fan opinion on what has been our best team in recent years by having an ultimate winner at the end of the process

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

I assume as none of your post are here anymore means this has been pulled - I ran out of reactions after match 7 so can't see how it can work.

No they've just gone onto the second page, as there are no comments on them, only reactions. Reactions dont bump the thread

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

No they've just gone onto the second page, as there are no comments on them, only reactions. Reactions dont bump the thread

They still haven't topped up my reactions though, so will probably have forgotten about this by the time I'm replenished!

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

They still haven't topped up my reactions though, so will probably have forgotten about this by the time I'm replenished!

What is the point of a limit to reactions anyway.

Dont worry, I'll bump the threads, just to cheer Tilly up

Might've been better doing a tie one at a time over a 24 or 48 hour period rather than dropping the entire round in one hit. 

Decent idea for the boring offseason though. 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Might've been better doing a tie one at a time over a 24 or 48 hour period rather than dropping the entire round in one hit. 

Decent idea for the boring offseason though. 

In retrospect quite probably. Though doubt I would have been able to commit to daily posts. Certainly would have been less laborious on my part and probably attracted less moaning, but hey, I dont have all the answers. We live and learn

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

If you havent voted already, check out the second page of the forum and study the draw

Thanks I voted - it must have taken you ages to post all that! 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Thanks I voted - it must have taken you ages to post all that! 👍

Yes it was one of those things that once Id started I realised how long it was going to take! Still, the donkey work is done now, the next rounds will be require fewer posts and screen shots are already done.

Just need more people to be voting for it to have any meaning, but appreciate 16 posts is quite overwhelming and this kind of thing wont interest a number of people