Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

If we look a little closer- would we want to stop

Just take time to read through this message board and ask yourselves would I want to play a a bunch of fans who only "really" support the team during the good times.

Great support, passionate and numerous during the good times. As soon as things turn slightly sour then all the players are crap and the manager hasn''t got a clue.

I think we should take a look at the likes of the Man City fans who even whilst playing third level of football stuck with the team.

I can''t see why good players should stop here . But for the sake of "our" team I hope they do.

We don''t make great friends do we!

Strange, I thought I saw on another thread that we''re the best supported team in the Championship and that Carrow Road has averaged 98% capacity this season.

Shocking, only 98%, no wonder the team is not doing anything with poor support like that.

If i was a player I would take time to think, "Should I be playing with more passion, commitment and loyalty? Should I being doing better for many thousands of pounds per week, doing a job that the majority of us can only dream of doing?"

If I was the manager, I would take time to think, "Should I have done better over the past 18 months? Should I have won more games than the pitiful amount that I have done? Should I have spent millions of the Club''s money on wages or transfer fees for distinctly average players like Hughes, Jarrett, Robinson and Lisbie? Should I be giving our youth players a chance, like other Clubs, before they get too fed up and move on / decline to sign contracts? Do we deserve to have a packed ground every week when I mastermind dull, erratic and clueless performances?"

Just take time to read through this Message Board (and every other NCFC board, official or otherwise) and ask yourself, "Is it a surprise that the majority of fans are so fed up and dispirited?"

This Club has superb fans, as Delia keeps telling us (she''s telling the truth, isn''t she?) However, there''s only so much that they can take. And they make better friends than enemies - just ask Robert Chase.      

its down to expectations drinks.

Last season was bad culminating in a 6-0 humiliation at fulham - yet

the team and worthy received support throughout - not many were openly

blaming worthy or team for this.

This season people have expectations of promotion - boards prudence

with ambition policy was announced to help us get back up if we went

down without putting city into too much debt. City started as bookies

favourites.

People are disappointed, but unfortunately for worthy many fans are

calling for him to go. Their entitled to their opinion and thats the

reality.

So, IMO, our league position does more to put players off from coming

here (but I''d dispute that anyway, we''ve attracted plenty on loan) than

fans criticising worthy and the team, and its this fact that will

probably see greeno & deano go, because they''re ambitious and want

to play in the prem.

Not this hoary old red herring again.

The team continues to get terrific support from its fans - best supported team in  the league on the basis of average attendance and proportion of ground capacity filled.  Unlike what is happening at portaloo road the city fans base remain behind the team, attending on match days to cheer their 11 on irrespective of whether they want worthy to stay or leave. 

The ills of the club are not down to the KTF or WOB or neutral fans, it is from within the club staff itself. 

Anybody can tell a friend what the friend wants to hear - a true friend will tell the uncomfortable truth when its needed with the offer of support because they can see what is happening.  It is because we are passionate that we find the time to talk to other fans about our veiws whichever side of the fence we sit. None us have the answer - only our honest opnion.

A club is not just for the good times - its for life.

OTBC

I dont mean to sound harsh but sometime a manager needs to change - and many people feel that at our football club that time is now.

Noone is denying the quailty at our football club:

Green, Drury, Flemking, Safri, Huckerby, Ashton, Doherty, McVeigh, Mckenzie

All players who can excel at this level even players like

Hughes, Thorne, Jarrett, Louis Jean, Colin, Charlton

Should be decent at this level, The problem is we are meant to be a side challenging and we arent, i see the reasons for this being a distinct lack of creative players - add a player of Jason Koumas, Paul Ifill, Glenn Little ilk to the cloggers - more chances would be created for our top class striker, we would score more goals, confidence would come back and we would do ok.

Our manager does not beleive in this type of player.

I don''t see any evidence of fans not supporting the team. Apart from the odd question over whether Andy Hughes is the right man for our key midfield role, I think the players are getting off pretty lightly. Worthy is getting all the stick. I think, on the contrary, that players could see how the stadium is full despite the rubbish football and wonder how great it must be to play in front of them. As I said on another thread, better to rant and rave on this Board than to do so in our seats at 3pm

I don''t think Clint Easton, Mark Rivers, Gary Doherty, Craig Fleming, Gary Holt, Ian Henderson, Matt Svensson, Zema Abbey, Chris Llewellyn, Andy Hughes and probably many, many more players would agree with this "best fans in the country" rubbish spouted by NCFC fans.

They have all either not been given a good chance to prove themselves before being slated openly from the terraces, or had a few poor performances and the slating begins. Or even, in the case of Gary Holt or Craig Fleming, gone from club hero to "worst player ever" in 6 months.

I agree - say what you like about the players on here, but never openly let them know you think they''re rubbish from the terraces. Save that for the opposition''s team.

I nevr boo players - altho i never rated Easton who got far too many games

Nobody hated holt - it was just that he was not a premeirship player and one man in particular could not see that.

Fleming was poor earlier in the season but has played well recently when used as sub

Hendo is not a right midfielder

Doherty was never a premiership quality and has been better right side center half

The problem is more with worthy than the players themselves (bar easton who was crap)

My thoughts on Flem from last season are well known but not once have I booed or chanted against him or my current fave capn clapper at a match - I want my team to win and haranguing a player only makes them worse - look at Izzy and hendos reaction to the boo boys in recent years - it is simply counter productive.  In all these cases the blame lies with the manager for picking them in the first place[;)][:P]

Booing the whole team at the end of a game is fair in my eyes though - how else will they know the performance is unacceptable to the fans?

Hence my specific vitriol is saved for quiet forum such as these.

OTBC 

[quote user="Mook"]

I don''t think Clint Easton, Mark Rivers, Gary Doherty, Craig Fleming, Gary Holt, Ian Henderson, Matt Svensson, Zema Abbey, Chris Llewellyn, Andy Hughes and probably many, many more players would agree with this "best fans in the country" rubbish spouted by NCFC fans.

They have all either not been given a good chance to prove themselves before being slated openly from the terraces, or had a few poor performances and the slating begins. Or even, in the case of Gary Holt or Craig Fleming, gone from club hero to "worst player ever" in 6 months.

I agree - say what you like about the players on here, but never openly let them know you think they''re rubbish from the terraces. Save that for the opposition''s team.

[/quote]

Clint Easton not given a good chance....ho ho ho, just a few poor performances ho ho ho, and dont get me started on the poor mans Ian Henderson that was Chris Llewellyn....