Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Anfield tickets

Just looked at their own website for tickets, they start at £39 going up to £59, the ones in the away part are £48. if we pay £30 ( if you're lucky ) where does the other £18 come from, presumably this is where your membership fee comes in. i expect most ' big ' grounds will be on a par with this so three games and you've got your money back ?

The £30 limit is an EPL ruling that has already run for 3 years and was extended for the next 3 in February this year so that £48 you mention is misleading by Liverpool surely ?

You haven't got your money back because the ticket would only cost you £30 regardless of membership. Its a premier league rule that the clubs have signed up to. Norwich City are not subsidising that £18! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

According to Liverpool the tickets aren’t on sale yet. Not sure where you’ve seen these prices. 

on their own website, maybe they are last seasons prices

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

on their own website, maybe they are last seasons prices

As i said in my post away tickets have been £30 for the last three seasons under an EPL ruling so i cannot see how it it can be  unless they applied to Champions League games which i assume are not covered by the £30 limit.

The point is that clubs can charge whatever they like to their supporters, the price is only fixed for away fans at the £30, so it’s possible that away fans can potentially “save” £20 on what it might have been, so is where our away scheme might be considered not as “unfair” as some seem to be making out.  The problem is, given the price is £30, you aren’t really ‘saving’ anything - you’re basically paying the £50 to get first dibs.

Re: the home membership, I can’t see any reason for too many complaints - the prices for all are being kept lower than they were for most games last season. 

Ultimately, though, some do seem to just be using it to have a bash at the club, which is a bit sad.