Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

FAO Our Archant Journalist Friends re new away membership scheme

Dear Michael/Paddy/David or wherever else may be reading this forum.

In their justification for the new membership scheme the club has said it "looked at what other premier league clubs do" before deciding on their new system, implying that they are bringing their practices into line with other premier league clubs. Obviously our lovely club would not lie to us so this must surely be the case?

Might I suggest that an helpful and informative piece of local journalism might be for Archant to "check what other premier league clubs do" to see how Norwich fans are being treated in comparison? I've looked at the websites of most of them and have yet to find a single club that has an away membership system separate to the home membership, or (other than Spurs' premier membership) who charge more for membership (even though you only have to have the one membership), or who don't have a priority/loyalty points system for away games which is very similar to the one just ditched by Norwich City.

Just thought it might make an interesting article for fans to read particularly if it transpires that we are the only club in the premier league who are taking away a slice of the benefit given to away fans due to the £30 tickets.

Of course if it turns out they are all doing it then that is a different matter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A quick look reveals that Arsenal do this, although I am not sure how theirs works. Probably a little different to ours. I am sure other clubs do too.

However, are those teams freezing their home ticket cost to £30 or whatever? Arsenal have often been the most expensive place to go, with top level ticket prices being about £97.

We know that £30 is the most fans will be paying to go to away games, so I still haven't got an issue with the club trying to make up some kind of shortfall.

Then again, I don't go to a huge amount of away games but am at every home game. It's going to be a different case for each individual though and I appreciate the reasons for the furore.

Edited by BobLoz3

I haven't read through every single thread on the membership thread, so this may already have been answered, but was anyone on here consulted as the Club have stated, about this new scheme? Does anyone know someone who was consulted? Trying to see on what platform people were consulted and how it (new membership)was presented? 

9 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I haven't read through every single thread on the membership thread, so this may already have been answered, but was anyone on here consulted as the Club have stated, about this new scheme? Does anyone know someone who was consulted? Trying to see on what platform people were consulted and how it (new membership)was presented? 

Seven people were 'consulted' if you can call it that but only one of them were representing any supporter groups so feedback from them has been zilch.

Edited by TIL 1010

28 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

A quick look reveals that Arsenal do this, although I am not sure how theirs works. Probably a little different to ours. I am sure other clubs do too.

However, are those teams freezing their home ticket cost to £30 or whatever? Arsenal have often been the most expensive place to go, with top level ticket prices being about £97.

We know that £30 is the most fans will be paying to go to away games, so I still haven't got an issue with the club trying to make up some kind of shortfall.

Then again, I don't go to a huge amount of away games but am at every home game. It's going to be a different case for each individual though and I appreciate the reasons for the furore.

Not sure Arsenal do do it. They seem to have an equivalent of the AST that we have just scrapped called the "Arsenal Away Ticket Scheme" which has capped numbers and seems to guarantee you a ticket to every game like our AST did. I am not sure how people qualified to get on it in the first place though and whether you have to have a season ticket etc.

The Arsenal arrangements are not very clear looking online but I believe Kensell worked for Arsenal previously so he may have taken some inspiration from their arrangements.

57 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Seven people were 'consulted' if you can call it that but only one of them were representing any supporter groups so feedback from them has been zilch.

Seven?!!!! 

Well, on the bright side, I suppose it's more than 6, or 5, or.......

14 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Just thought it might make an interesting article for fans to read particularly if it transpires that we are the only club in the premier league who are taking away a slice of the benefit given to away fans due to the £30 tickets.

Of course if it turns out they are all doing it then that is a different matter.

I'm not sure what the relationship is between Archant and the Club but it would seem highly unlikely that they would do an article criticizing the new strategy. 

As an exile, I don't really know where I stand on this, clearly the opinion of those much closer should be taken into account. 

If we're now basing our business model on what other Premier League clubs do, I'm sure it won't be long until Delia and MWJ sell to billionaire foreign owners.