Sign in to follow this  
Bicks

Our away support

Last season we averaged 1900 away from home and I think over the last 10 years it's hovered between 1500 and just over 2000. The majority of allocations in the prem are 2500-3000. All the big clubs, it's closer to 3000.

Last time we were in the prem only two games didn't go on general sale, it has been reported, which I quite believe. There is a chance that things don't go to plan and we struggle away from home and support dwindles. 

I think people are massively over estimating our away support and the demand for tickets. I think the only games that won't go to general sale are potentially:

West Ham, Chelsea,  Palace, Bournemouth, Arsenal, Watford. - That's 6 games, I'm going to also assume that at least 2 of them will be moved to a stupid kick off time or friday/sunday meaning around 4 games won't go to general sale.

Spurs is mid-week, it'll go to general sale. Liverpool is a Friday night. I'd be surprised if it sells out before general sale. In my opinion the membership is only worth it if you want to go to the London games and 100% do not want to miss out.

The big equaliser is the fear of missing out on tickets, which is why i'm still considering buying an away membership. 

Yeah, but where does reality and common sense get you?

I've panic bought a premier membership, and anyone who doesn't is clearly a binner.

• Haha 6

It’s strange how people who have hardly ever gone to an away game are suddenly telling me they are going to Anfield. I don’t think the club have got this one right ?

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

It’s strange how people who have hardly ever gone to an away game are suddenly telling me they are going to Anfield. I don’t think the club have got this one right ?

I agree but also think our fans have misjudged our away support.

If you want to go to all the London games, you need a membership. If you just want to go to 1 or 2 of the London games then you might need the membership but it's bloody expensive. If you're a northerner then I don't think you need the membership.... But I understand people buying for peace of mind and that's the reason i'll probably crack and end up buying one! 

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Yeah, but where does reality and common sense get you?

I've panic bought a premier membership, and anyone who doesn't is clearly a binner.

Exactly this . Great post 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Can't see Spurs going to general sale , even if its midweek, the lure of a new stadium will attract people.....we took 9000 to Arsenal a couple of years ago, the first 5000 were sold in 2 hours

Quite right. We could easily sell 10,000 tickets for this game. There will also be huge demand for West Ham. 

Relatively few of our away games sold out last season and even fewer reflecting on our last season in the PL. Whatever system the club has in place demand will exceed supply at West Ham and Spurs next season.

12 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

TBF, I was at Anfield for this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1139088017413550080

Well worth the price of admission.

I thought you were going to be linking to this one 

which I was there for, unfortunately sat in the family stand and in my attempts to stifle the cheer managed to lose some chewing gum into the hair if the lady sat in front of me 😟

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

TBF, I was at Anfield for this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1139088017413550080

Well worth the price of admission.

The day Norwich City came of age in the PL and one of the most iconic goals in the club's history imo. 

The way Grant Holt scores that goal typifies him and his desire - and seeing three Liverpool players on the floor in the process was - and always will be - absolutely priceless.

Bicks you need to remember that last time we were in the Premiership there was not a £30 cap on the price of away tickets.

46 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The day Norwich City came of age in the PL and one of the most iconic goals in the club's history imo. 

The way Grant Holt scores that goal typifies him and his desire - and seeing three Liverpool players on the floor in the process was - and always will be - absolutely priceless.

Plus we travelled there and back with my brother-in-law who at the time was a Liverpool season ticket holder. I think it’s fair to say we enjoyed the game more than he did. 😂

7 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Can't see Spurs going to general sale , even if its midweek, the lure of a new stadium will attract people.....we took 9000 to Arsenal a couple of years ago, the first 5000 were sold in 2 hours

Yes and they were general sale tickets. That was a tenner an adult ticket in October half term. I’m not sure how much kids tickets were but I reckon a fiver at most.  Exceptional circumstances which resulted in a massive following. 

I’m not saying spurs won’t sell out. But i think it will go to general sale. 

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Bicks you need to remember that last time we were in the Premiership there was not a £30 cap on the price of away tickets.

The majority of tickets were between £30-40 which is around the same price as they are now when you factor in a £50 membership. Last season average price would’ve been less than £30.

a few of the bigger teams would’ve been more last time we were in the Prem (I remember paying around £48 for Man City!), but even then sometimes our prices were lower because we were the lowest graded game.