Ok, it looks as if I might not get to many - if any - matches this season due to the membership debacle.

So I am considering a Sky/BT/Prime option.

Does anyone have any ideas as to which would be the best option or options?  Do Sky still have the best coverage?

Thanks.

Sky has the most games by far. 

If you're only going to want it for Norwich games though you may be better off using Now TV day passes (£8.99 a pop).

Sky works for me as I use it for football, cricket and NFL. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, it looks as if I might not get to many - if any - matches this season due to the membership debacle.

Does anyone have any ideas as to which would be the best option or options?  Do Sky still have the best coverage?

Thanks.

And don't go looking at them naughty streams either 😋

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Thanks.

I use an ad-free paid for subscription service. Has all the Sky, BT and presumably all the Amazon games will be on. Loads of other non-sport channels too. After nine months very good so far.

Probably shouldn’t advertise it on here so send me a PM.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 2

For paid subscriptions NowTV normally put up an offer of a Sports Season Pass (covering SKY) which they've done for last couple of years - August to mid June. About £150 I think. Worked out well for me last year but problem with it is that the Red Button facility doesn't work 

Edited by greenTshirt

All in for sky I pay £90 a month with line rental and unlimited broadband. That includes all channels. But as someone said above if you're solely using it for Norwich then now TV would be your best bet to be fair.

I would not recommend the NowTV day passes unless you have absolutely zero interest in anything non-Norwich. They give out £19.99 Month deals all the time and are pretty good value imo (although nothing in football is actually 'good value' in practice). You can cancel whenever you want, but they only broadcast 720p, which is woeful in 2019 - This is the downside.

I will never sign up to Sky properly as they will only sell me stupid 18 month contracts, which are bloody stupid as I only rent my flat on 12 month contracts..

57 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Thanks.

I changed my internet provider to BT last year, they were cheaper than my other provider and the deal included BT sports on mobile devices. You hear stories about poor service from BT but my experience has been excellent.

I would have a look at what deals they are doing and compare their prices with what you pay for broadband atm as a first step.

Ps you can cast BT sports from a mobile device to your tv, in my case using Apple TV, I have never been able to cast using Sky on a mobile, but you can use a wire.

Edited by Van wink

There's a PS4 app for both BT Sport and Now TV, so I use them to screen matches on my TV (I have BT Broadband so I get BT Sport for free)

As others have said, Now TV doesn't support Red Button matches (which was annoying when the Norwich vs Reading game was announced as being on Sky - when they meant read button), but Now TV has the advantage that it's an internet streaming service so doesn't need a dish or any boxes.

6 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

There's a PS4 app for both BT Sport and Now TV, so I use them to screen matches on my TV (I have BT Broadband so I get BT Sport for free)

As others have said, Now TV doesn't support Red Button matches (which was annoying when the Norwich vs Reading game was announced as being on Sky - when they meant read button), but Now TV has the advantage that it's an internet streaming service so doesn't need a dish or any boxes.

As far as I'm aware Premier League games won't be on the red button?

44 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I changed my internet provider to BT last year, they were cheaper than my other provider and the deal included BT sports on mobile devices. You hear stories about poor service from BT but my experience has been excellent.

I would have a look at what deals they are doing and compare their prices with what you pay for broadband atm as a first step.

Ps you can cast BT sports from a mobile device to your tv, in my case using Apple TV, I have never been able to cast using Sky on a mobile, but you can use a wire.

I switched from Sky to BT a year ago. BT isn't as good, but was half the price. The problem is that you can only get Sky Sports main event through BT, which is usually whatever football game is on but not always (luckily for you Lakey, it's sometimes cricket).

There was talk of Sky allowing access to all their sports output through BT, but I haven't see it materialise yet. It was especially annoying last season, having given up Sky, not to be able to access our games through the red button.

If anyone has an EE phone contract, check your extra offers in their app - you’ll usually see 6 months free BT sport app 👍🏻😉

An IPTV subscription service would be your best bet in all honesty but, and a big one, not entirely legal. Hence I won't post any suggestions but utilise your brain, Reddit and some search terms and you'll get some good ideas.

Sky Sports for us last year and saw loads of games. You can negotiate if you're an existing customer with new contracts.

Like Fuzzar I switched to BT from Sky. Decent enough overall package but yes, Sky Sports Main Event is frustrating as their definition of 'main event' isnt always the football. Only got last 20 mins or so of Nations League final for example, as they focused on F1 presentation and interviews.

Its £30 a month as well which is insane. Have dropped it for the summer for that reason. Chatted to BT about it in week, he said they charge Sky subscribers up to £32 a month for their sports channels. All a bit **** for tat but they're apparantly trying to thrash out a sensibly priced new deal for same in time for next season whereby BTsubscribers pay a more realistic cost per month for Sky Sports and vice versa.

I see Amazon have got in now, some games in December. Day pass or £79 per year for Prime. Sounds a lot but if you regularly use Amazon you’ll soon get it back on free postage 

2 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

I see Amazon have got in now, some games in December. Day pass or £79 per year for Prime. Sounds a lot but if you regularly use Amazon you’ll soon get it back on free postage 

A lot of stuff on Amazon has free postage if you’re happy to wait a few days and not everything is on Prime. I think many people use it for their streaming services with the fast free postage being a bonus. It’s very good value if you do a lot of streaming

I rarely use streaming services other than football so don’t bother with Prime. If I need something quickly I use someone else’s by switching accounts. Works OK if you remember to change the delivery address 😫

I'm with Virginmedia, I pay a fortune for it, but get Skysports and BT sports with my package. I believe it's on Amazon prime as well this season, or something like that. Luckily I'm covered for that as one of my daughters is subscribed to it.   

If you want to see EVERY Norwich game look into an NBC Sports account. They show all Prem games at 3pm on a Saturday. You'll need a VPN but that's all.

As you will have a genuine account it's not illegal (I think)

Edited by BigManInTheBarclay
  • Like 1