Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Official 2019/20 fixtures thread!

Actually that is not a bad spread of games over the season. Good first home game, and with Chelsea coming early as well may give us a chance against them.

The first game away to Liverpool is what promotion was all about, as is the last game. All our games are going to be unbelievably tough.

The only fly in the fixture ointment during the early stages is Man city at home. By then they will truly be in their swashbuckling, team crushing stride...…..brace yourselves

2 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

It is the perfect first match. 

Newcastle at home is bigger though because it represents a chance for a win. And the first win needs to be early. 

The new membership scheme will today be inundated with calls from the North-East, London and Manchester as will the Great Yarmouth guest houses. 

I hope we start better than last season. 

I think you may be right, it is a good start. Always better to play the big teams in the first few games of the season, there are often a few surprise results till things settle down. There is bound to be some complacency in the Liverpool ranks for this one.

Liverpools schedule before they play us looks a bit crowded.

Sunday July 28 (5pm BST) – Liverpool v Napoli – BT Murrayfield

Wednesday July 31 (7pm local time) – Liverpool v Lyon – Stade de Geneve

Sun 4th Aug. Community Shield V Man City

Tuesday August 6 (7pm BST) – Liverpool v Schalke – Anfield

And then on the 14th August they go to Instanbul to play Chelsea in the Uefa Suer Cup.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

And then on the 14th August they go to Instanbul to play Chelsea in the Uefa Suer Cup.

And there's no Luis Suarez this time around so we automatically start at least 3 goals better off

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In the space of a fortnight we play the European Champions and the Europa Cup winners

So eat your heart out bin boys because this is our glorious present

One that follows yet another league title win, and umpteen player awards from the season

Enjoy your trips to Accrington Stanley and Gillingham

While we visit Old Trafford and the new White Hart Lane 🤩

8 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

And there's no Luis Suarez this time around so we automatically start at least 3 goals better off

something to get our teeth into  😬

BREAKING NEWS FROM SKY SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to thier crowded fixture schedule Liverpool have taken Luis Suarez on a months loan for August 2019!

2 hours ago, CanaryChris said:

Our first 5 fixtures are...hard.

Actually, now it's become real...they all look hard!!!

I've adjusted expectations from European qualification to 8th.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bill said:

In the space of a fortnight we play the European Champions and the Europa Cup winners

So eat your heart out bin boys because this is our glorious present

One that follows yet another league title win, and umpteen player awards from the season

Enjoy your trips to Accrington Stanley and Gillingham

While we visit Old Trafford and the new White Hart Lane 🤩

But...but...they wouldn't swap the chance to thrash every other League One club while they romp home with another pot to sit and rust on a Bakelite plinth in their massive trophy room.

Lambert told them.

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:
3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, I wonder who will be in it...

Not us.

Arrogance pure & simple

B*ll*x is it arrogance.  People just seem to make this assumption that we will be near the bottom.  It doesn't have to be like that.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

B*ll*x is it arrogance.  People just seem to make this assumption that we will be near the bottom.  It doesn't have to be like that.

Any team outside last season's top 6 look beatable, on paper, I therefore think the relegation battle will include quite a few teams including supposedly well established PL clubs. Obviously you would have to include us in the mix.

Wouldn’t it be fairer if either the first or last game was at home. We always seem unlucky on this respect. Still I suppose we could always pick up the trophy at Man.City!

4 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

Schalke game cancelled. We've got inside their heads, mind game victory.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Out of interest- if we actually are in a relegation battle how will you react? 

27 minutes ago, king canary said:
2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Out of interest- if we actually are in a relegation battle how will you react? 

With disappointment of course.  How else? 

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

With disappointment of course.  How else? 

I dunno really. I'd guess the blame would lie more with you for underestimating the step up rather than on the players in my opinion.

For me I think if our young squad with a low budget finished 16th having been in a relegation battle it is a bit unfair to be disappointed in them.

• Like 2

How could anyone be thinking of disappointment next season?

Didn't we break all the rules for getting the the EPL last season?

It is win, win win all the way. Great promotion season followed by at least one in the top echelon and a pot full of money for three seasons when we didn't have the proverbial pot last season.

As far as I know we play everyone twice a season and 19 of them will be in front of the Carrow Road faithful. Only disappointment there is that there were 23 last year.

Just bask in it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Have you pin pointed where we confirm Champions League football?

2 hours ago, king canary said:

I dunno really. I'd guess the blame would lie more with you for underestimating the step up rather than on the players in my opinion.

For me I think if our young squad with a low budget finished 16th having been in a relegation battle it is a bit unfair to be disappointed in them.

I didn't say I would be disappointed in the players.  I would just be disappointed if we are struggling away at the bottom. Doesn't mean I won't be enjoying the challenge - it is a mighty cjhallenge whereever we are in the table.   But I would rather see us fighting further up than near the bottom.

Those of you that seem certain we are in for a relegation scrap have pre-decided what will happen......football doesn't work like that......as last season showed. 

Nothing is decided until it has happened.

I think we would all like to us challenging for spots further up the table ldc, it's just that quite a few think 17th upwards would be an achievement and it's one I agree with. There really aren't any basket case teams in the premier this time around. Every team at outset will target us for 6 points.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

What a brilliant start. Who wants Palace at home first up.

This is what its about. A chance to show the footballing world what we can do. Its a no lose game. Get something from that or even a good performance and we will be full of confidence.

38 games to look forward to. So lets not get morose about an apparent hard start. Who knows yet? We may take them by surprise or we may go under but its what we want isn't it? A chance to test ourselves. 

And against the Champions League champs!

I’m a full believer in baptism by fire. As you said, KG, who wants an easy start? This is what the boys have worked hard for and Farke will have them motivated.

This is the reward for working hard all last season and now it’s time to step-up. It will either be a serious wake-up call, or an outstanding result! I see it as a win-win

First thoughts.

The starting fixture between the Champions League chaps and the Championship champs looks like some kind of pre-season supercup fixture, a classy start.

The last season started with a tough run (as it has turned out to be) and ended well.

Man City away as the last fixture can be another good omen. In 2013, that fixture and Howson's wonderful solo goal  propelled us to 11th.