Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Official 2019/20 fixtures thread!

Nope, I don't have a leak, but I'm dead excited and sitting here counting down the minutes to 9am. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to believe this is all real and we did actually win the league last season... 🙂

Doubt it'll be Spurs away up first... they probably have two or three eventualities ready just in case the 'real' fixtures do leak early. I bet you we'll be at home to Palace first... again...

My child is due to arrive of August 10th- if the Spurs on the TV leak is right I'm hoping he's a couple of days late...

Liverpool away first, Man City away last... basically a 36-game season for us then 😂

April will be key. It's a tough start too, we don't want confidence shot too early. First game on a Friday at scouseland LOL.

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Liverpool away first, Man City away last... basically a 36-game season for us then 😂

Shut up ya Jessie

Top of the league on Friday night

That'll show 'em 🤪

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

There is a really important run from September 21st to Boxing Day that looks like a good chance to pick up quite a few points.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

There is a really important run from September 21st to Boxing Day that looks like a good chance to pick up quite a few points.

There's one from Aug 9th until May that is even better#

We ain't here to make up the numbers, so let's start off on the right note

• Like 2

Quelle surprise. We play Liverpool and Man City away. We also play Sheff Utd/Burnley/Southampton/Villa yada yada at home

So does everyone else. 

Let's have a roight good goooo

Last season we beat the champions of europe (*according to WACCOE) away, see no reason why we can't repeat it this season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Away first game, away last game, away boxing day..and the only 2 midweek fixtures of the season also away (Southampton and Spurs)...how can that be right??

If only we were back in the Championship.😉

• Haha 1

Final 3 home games, West ham, Burnley and Brighton. Could be key to our, and their, season.

With Watford away sandwiched in between. It gives us a chance of a run at the end of the season.

Tough games early and but evenly spread following that.

Just show the fixture list to any potential new signing and they will see the opportunity they will have if they are close to signing.

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Away first game, away last game, away boxing day..and the only 2 midweek fixtures of the season also away (Southampton and Spurs)...how can that be right??

That’s only as they stand at the moment, there’s normally loads of movement as the season progresses isn’t there? Although it’s not going to make things any better.

And from my point of view, midweek away games are probably the only ones I stand a chance of getting tickets for.

Winnable games spread across the season. Either we're good enough or we're not. I think the relegation battle will be fascinating stuff.

• Thanks 2

Last game of the season, Man City (A).

A winner takes it all title decider.

Poor Pep, "We couldn't cope with them".

9 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

Last game of the season, Man City (A).

A winner takes it all title decider.

Poor Pep, "We couldn't cope with them".

"It all went wrong after their forward, Dennis someone, scored his hattrick. I blame VAR"

• Haha 1

I am scanning through the away games , looking at those I will be able to make... anybody know what the allocation would be for the Bournemouth one? Small stadium...will we get more than 750 😉

What a brilliant start. Who wants Palace at home first up.

This is what its about. A chance to show the footballing world what we can do. Its a no lose game. Get something from that or even a good performance and we will be full of confidence.

38 games to look forward to. So lets not get morose about an apparent hard start. Who knows yet? We may take them by surprise or we may go under but its what we want isn't it? A chance to test ourselves. 

Yikes, looks more scary when you see the actual fixture list. I'm revising my prediction from 14th to 15th.

• Haha 2

It is the perfect first match. 

Newcastle at home is bigger though because it represents a chance for a win. And the first win needs to be early. 

The new membership scheme will today be inundated with calls from the North-East, London and Manchester as will the Great Yarmouth guest houses. 

I hope we start better than last season.