East Rider

Back in the big time. Better half time entertainment?

I think half-time entertainment should involve our home support who are desperate for away game tickets......At half-time at Carrow Road, 10 heavily greased 12 foot telegraph poles on support bases are equally spaced upright along the halfway line......Pinned atop of each 12 foot greased telegraph pole, are 2 tickets for the next away game.....20 fans pay a fee of £5.00 each (yer don't get owt for nowt) to then compete in the race to grab the much desired 2 away tickets pinned on top of each of the ten 12 foot greasy poles. The hopefuls then assemble on the 2 goal lines, with 10 at the Barclay End and the other hopeful 10 at the River End.....A whistle is blown and the 20 desperado hopefuls charge towards the greasy telegraph poles and try to climb to collect the tickets on top......No rules, no holds barred tuggin' pullin' and proddin' is allowed - and just a free for all for the 20 to attempt to ascend up them greasy telegraph poles and grab those precious tickets......

Unfortunately, I think it would be so entertainingly funny and so popular for the onlooking home and away support, nobody would go to the loo or the refreshment concourses and lounges at half-time, which would alas, affect the Carra club coffers......and elf an' safe tea, certainly wouldn't allow it.... 😞 .....  

22 hours ago, East Rider said:

Now we are back in the big time. Should we be wishing for a more appropriate half time entertainment package. Perhaps a band or a clown even?

What would YOU like?

Come on down Bill

3 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

An oompah band with the U23 team dancing in Bavarian costume

Bavarian-boys.jpg.00bdf4faa1556ab485d90366ad8b8894.jpg

Given the age of them it looks like our back four during their after parade party.:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

On 12/06/2019 at 21:55, ricardo said:

I've managed not to fall off this season🚵

I'd like to see Ricardo on his bike. 

Kids running relay races round the touchline gets the crowd involved although I'm sure the poor child who ran off in the wrong direction is still haunted by the memory. 

I still think the cross bar challenge was the best and it would be improved if a visiting fan was involved every time. Or would that end badly? 

Do we really need anything for this 15 minutes?

It's a welcome break from the tension surely and is hardly long enough for anything meaningful?

Many are using the toilets or the bar or relaxing quietly over the Times Crossword as they eat their corned beef sandwiches. We can always play on our mobile phones if we're that bored.

I actually think that pre-match entertainment is far more important. Get the crowd in early, build up the atmosphere with cheerleader type stuff or a decent singalong, "We Will Rock You" style. Norfolk's Got Talent enough surely.

Leave the half-time entertainment to Delia .... she's good at it.

A brief cross-bar challenge seems to work though and even a tiddley winks competition in the centre circle and displayed on the big screen might be fun. :classic_mellow:

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I tend to talk to the people around me and don’t pay much notice other than check out the half time scores

I think that's the case for most of us,really. None of us actually expect to be entertained at half time...

The cross bar challenge was always good for entertainment.  Getting kids on the pitch for a penalty kick competition into a goal set up somewhere away from the penalty areas, perhaps in the centre box, would be good. Anything other than the target area game which is as big a damp squib as I think I have ever seen as an attempt at entertainment.......

Who were the competitors in the crossbar challenge? Half of them appeared to have never kicked

a football in their lives. I will agree that it was miles better than the target thing...

2 minutes ago, John Ryans Express said:

Who were the competitors in the crossbar challenge? Half of them appeared to have never kicked

a football in their lives. I will agree that it was miles better than the target thing...

I think some were from our youth teams. Prior to CAT A of course.

58 minutes ago, John Ryans Express said:

Most of them made the Binners first team last season.

BREAKING...Sky Strikers reform for 2019 but acknowledge social and and cultural changes...

image.png.3e7c8f2d3f8338a6362c5e2ccc44b4e8.png

"Anyone can follow their dreams in a post-modern society"

15 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I think half-time entertainment should involve our home support who are desperate for away game tickets......At half-time at Carrow Road, 10 heavily greased 12 foot telegraph poles on support bases are equally spaced upright along the halfway line......Pinned atop of each 12 foot greased telegraph pole, are 2 tickets for the next away game.....20 fans pay a fee of £5.00 each (yer don't get owt for nowt) to then compete in the race to grab the much desired 2 away tickets pinned on top of each of the ten 12 foot greasy poles. The hopefuls then assemble on the 2 goal lines, with 10 at the Barclay End and the other hopeful 10 at the River End.....A whistle is blown and the 20 desperado hopefuls charge towards the greasy telegraph poles and try to climb to collect the tickets on top......No rules, no holds barred tuggin' pullin' and proddin' is allowed - and just a free for all for the 20 to attempt to ascend up them greasy telegraph poles and grab those precious tickets......

Unfortunately, I think it would be so entertainingly funny and so popular for the onlooking home and away support, nobody would go to the loo or the refreshment concourses and lounges at half-time, which would alas, affect the Carra club coffers......and elf an' safe tea, certainly wouldn't allow it.... 😞 .....  

Could you pay a higher amount (some might say a 'Premier' amount) for a 10 yard headstart? 😉

9 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Could you pay a higher amount (some might say a 'Premier' amount) for a 10 yard headstart? 😉

Tenner for an extra ten yards?.....Yeah, I think the desperado away ticket seekers will buy it....... 

44 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

BREAKING...Sky Strikers reform for 2019 but acknowledge social and and cultural changes...

image.png.3e7c8f2d3f8338a6362c5e2ccc44b4e8.png

"Anyone can follow their dreams in a post-modern society"

Looks like he's found a new place to keep the rest of his shopping

• Haha 1