East Rider

Back in the big time. Better half time entertainment?

Now we are back in the big time. Should we be wishing for a more appropriate half time entertainment package. Perhaps a band or a clown even?

What would YOU like?

Yes, we don't want to look tinpot on MOTD with crappy HT 'entertainment do we ?'

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yes, we don't want to look tinpot on MOTD with crappy HT 'entertainment do we ?'

Dagenham Girl Pipers😀

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

Ricardo doing stunts on his bicycle??

I've managed not to fall off this season🚵

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Bill said:

We're not on long enough to show the HT entertainment, we're always on last, unless we've got a hammering from Liverpool or Man C.

8 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

We're not on long enough to show the HT entertainment, we're always on last, unless we've got a hammering from Liverpool or Man C.

HT 'entertainment is never shown, even in live games

that was my point

I did wonder if each section of the ground could have a game each where during HT they had to come up with a skit or song related to their area of the stand or ground.

For example:-   the River End upper tier, middle section, first few rows could do a rendition of On the Ball City by tuttering,  with the occasional 'Stiepermann, you're fuc&in$ sh1t ' shouted out very loudly as a chorus?

What about a Singing Postman tribute act to lead a singalong

🎶"Granty Hanley

He is so manly

and he's my little back line boi

.......can ya play on the roight boi

can ya play on the roight" 🎶

Why do we need entertaining at half time. By the time I have queued for the gents and returned it is probably over anyway.

My preferences:

Marching bands - who refuse to divert around subs having a kick about.

Schoolkids relay race - one in each corner / half way line.  Or aren't kids allowed to be competitive now?

Police Dog show - I'm sure I remember that from when I was a kid in the 70s/80s.

Crossbar challenge / skill game - especially when the participants are wearing leather soled brogues and have been in the hospitality suites for a few hours.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another vote here for the police dog show...There used to be a  staged scuffle in the old river end penalty box and a bloke

with a heavily padded right arm would leg it down the pitch to be brought down by a slavering alsation before the Barclay

in front of an indifferent crowd . In my shoddy memory it used to be every other home game alternating with a marching band of

various kinds....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Felixfan said:

Why do we need entertaining at half time. By the time I have queued for the gents and returned it is probably over anyway.

Are you saying that entertainment in the gents at half time, is more satisfying than watching the marching band ruin the half time run out for the subs? 

It is certainly an option I hadn't considered, but we can add it as a possible if you wish? :classic_biggrin:

I think we should have reduced versions of varying Shakespeare plays. Different one each week. Surely the average footie attending fan would love that?

Should imagine we will see a lot of Delia with a bottle of sherry staggering out at half time with her """Lets be aving yer"""

7 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I think we should have reduced versions of varying Shakespeare plays. Different one each week. Surely the average footie attending fan would love that?

But would the season end with The Comedy Of Errors, or All's Well That Ends Well?

Whereas Ipswich will have to make do with The Taming Of The Shrewsbury...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

But would the season end with The Comedy Of Errors, or All's Well That Ends Well?

Hopefully our opening game will be a Midsummer Night's Dream for us and not a nightmare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Ryans Express said:

Another vote here for the police dog show...There used to be a  staged scuffle in the old river end penalty box and a bloke

with a heavily padded right arm would leg it down the pitch to be brought down by a slavering alsation before the Barclay

in front of an indifferent crowd . In my shoddy memory it used to be every other home game alternating with a marching band of

various kinds....

Dogs would pretty much guarantee we get even more c**p on the pitch at half-time...

At Leeds rhinos they used to have "opera guy" before every match and at some half times, he went down surprisingly well considering the reputation of RL fans...