Jolly Johnny

First Game of Premiership Season.. Spurs (A)

Tottenham Hotspur V NCFC

Live on Sky TV 12.30 Sat 10th  August ...

Supposed leak uncovered by The Sun...

Anybody else see this ??

Edited by Jolly Johnny
Insert time / Date

I'm pretty sure the season starts on the 10th August - 2 1/2 weeks before this supposed 'leaked first fixture'.

Also, the 30th is a Friday.

So I'm going to say this is probably rubbish.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

15 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I'm pretty sure the season starts on the 10th August - 2 1/2 weeks before this supposed 'leaked first fixture'.

Also, the 30th is a Friday.

So I'm going to say this is probably rubbish.

It clearly says 10th August so the leaked list is probably true.

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

It clearly says 10th August so the leaked list is probably true.

OP quotes 30th August at 12.30...?

Or are you referring to the apparent leak? Granted, I am just going on what OP posted, I haven't actually searched for it myself. I'm just relying on the successful transfer of information like a fool!

Edited by Flying Dutchman
Apparently I really can't spell

Sorry, Guys ... My mistake ...It was a bit early in the morning, and no glasses on !! Yup ...10th August not 30th !! I know you can’t believe half of what’s on-line, or in the Sun, but I saw it, and wondered if anybody else did...I have amended my original post....

Edited by Jolly Johnny

Hope it's true. I'd always rather have as many of the top 6 clubs as possible in the early weeks, let's us find our footing without any pressure and we have the chance to catch teams cold straight after pre season

58 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

After today’s announcement I think we can guarantee the first game will be away

"Roll up.....Roll up.....come an' pay yer £50 to guarantee yer away ticket for the Spuds away game in the smoke"....."Plastics first, seasoned away support?.....You can just wait yer bleedin' turn!"...... 😉 

Do we still alternate home/away with ITFC now that that "gap" is so enormous?

If so a few binners will also be interested in these premature releases. They are quite keen on a home game to begin their season in order to kick-start that much anticipated meteoric rise through the leagues that they envisage under Lambert.

I always thought that ruling a bit OTT in any case considering the distance (in miles) between the two clubs.

Probably right.  Sky likes to get newby guaranteed minimum TV appearances out of the way as soon as possible.  As others said, probably adds fuel to the timing of release of membership scheme this morning: who is going to quibble when there is a chance to get first dibs in new WHL and our local derby match for the year?

I had it down as one of our go to away matches. Not sure of the allocation but hoping that Season Ticket will be enough to get tickets.  Won't be paying the £50.  

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I had it down as one of our go to away matches. Not sure of the allocation but hoping that Season Ticket will be enough to get tickets.  Won't be paying the £50.  

You've no chance

• Like 1

I thought the "20 is plenty" scheme is now in, meaning you don't pay more than £20 for any away game in the prem?

In my defence , guys, before I get Crucified.... I did say “supposed” leak .....and later mentioned the unreliability of Social Media News , and The Sun newspaper!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

How many people will pay £50 plus their ticket to attend the new White Hart Lane

Plenty you can be sure but even if they’re not  member of the ‘ 750 gang ‘ there’s 18 other games to try your luck👍

I'm willing to wait until tomorrow to find out for sure.

But I still remember watching us play Spurs on sky early in the Worthy Prem season (so that must have been Aug or Sept 2004).  Anyway, they had George Graham as the "expert" pundit and he was going on (and on) about how Spurs were still adjusting to having so many changes to their starting lineup, and I wanted to scream at the TV that City actually had as many changes if not more than Spurs, and maybe he should have done some basic reseach before coming on as a so-called expert.  But I've moved on about it now :classic_angry:

The result, if anyone is interested, was a 0-0 with David Bentley hitting a screamer against the Spurs bar.  That was the season when we started with loads of draws, shame we weren't able to turn any of them into wins as it might have helped us survive but there you go.

Oh Dear , Never Mind ...... I’ll get my coat !! It just makes you wonder why people bother with this boll*x .... Just because they can, I suppose....