king canary

New membership scheme

Just had a quick look at this and on balance it looks like a fair compromise for everyone.  So tickets are capped at £30 which is good new and means if you go to plenty of games, the extra cost of the membership will be recouped by the cheaper tickets. 

So casuals might get a slight benefit compared to season ticket holders away from home, but at least they have ring fenced 750 tickets for loyal away followers. 

Other than that it looks ok to me.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I think it is fair that season ticket holders might be a bit put out at having to pay an extra £50 to have a chance at getting an away ticket.

The cost will soon be covered once you have been to a few games at £30.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think it is fair that season ticket holders might be a bit put out at having to pay an extra £50 to have a chance at getting an away ticket.

I understand the frustration,

However if they get to 4 games at £30, that money is back in their pocket compared to previous seasons.

5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

However if they get to 4 games at £30, that money is back in their pocket compared to previous seasons.

But it's £50 they have to pay just to be on the same level as someone who hasn't sniffed Carrow Road in their lifetime.

I get why that would **** people off, no matter if you'd make it back.

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

but at least they have ring fenced 750 tickets for loyal away followers. 

750 loyal supporters that still have to pay £50

I'm just dipping in so not able to fully research at mo' so forgive what might be easily answerable questions with a bit of work.  Questions, questions, questions and a few observations. 

Are the various levels of membership limited in number?  Given the ticket cap, casuals will probably have no problem with buying one, but demand will be such that chances of actually getting a ticket will be much reduced. 

Also, if you want to go for casual tickets home and away, to get best chance does that mean two memberships totalling £100 required? 

Where do cup matches fall in within this?   

Overall, it seems the club are attempting to make new scheme income neutral whilst removing some of the anomalies of the old scheme. The increase in membership fee covers the income lost on capping casual tickets.  The new rules like any system won't please everyone.  Also if there is a great demand then surely given EPL longevity then the new stand must come higher on the priority for the club.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Also, if you want to go for casual tickets home and away, to get best chance does that mean two memberships totalling £100 required?

Good point 👍

8 minutes ago, king canary said:
14 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

But it's £50 they have to pay just to be on the same level as someone who hasn't sniffed Carrow Road in their lifetime.

I get why that would **** people off, no matter if you'd make it back.

Not if you are one of the 750. There had to be a line drawn somewhere.

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:
18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

but at least they have ring fenced 750 tickets for loyal away followers.

750 loyal supporters that still have to pay £50

Who will get that back (compared to last season) over the course of a few away matches at £30.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Yes, that figures. But that money would still be recouped as long as you went to a few games.  It actually encourages loyalty because it faviours those who are willing to go to a few games - ie - it will stop the one off MU type fan from forking out £50 as well as the price of a ticket just to see one match. 

Edited by lake district canary

Just now, lake district canary said:

Yes, that figures. But that money would still be recouped as long as you went to a few games.

You make it sound like you’re guaranteed tickets if you pay £50 and that’s not the case. I would guess that the average away allocation is around 3k, if 5k have priority membership it doesn’t mean you’ll get to games.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not if you are one of the 750. There had to be a line drawn somewhere.

The 750 still have to pay the £50.

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

You make it sound like you’re guaranteed tickets if you pay £50 and that’s not the case. I would guess that the average away allocation is around 3k, if 5k have priority membership it doesn’t mean you’ll get to games.

First come first served once the window opens?

I might be being a bit slow this morning, but let me get this right; as a home ST holder I'm in window 3 for away tickets, but I can pay £50 for the season to get into window 1?  You can be a home ST holder and an away premier member as well, right?

3 minutes ago, StewB said:

I might be being a bit slow this morning, but let me get this right; as a home ST holder I'm in window 3 for away tickets, but I can pay £50 for the season to get into window 1?  You can be a home ST holder and an away premier member as well, right?

Pretty sure that’s correct, if you don’t get membership you’ll be fourth in line so you’ll have to buy if you want to do one really

5 minutes ago, StewB said:

Yes. You'll still be behind those who had away season tickets/more than 10 away games who paid £50 but on a level with anyone else who paid the £50.

Ben Kensell who is currently NCFC's Chief Operating Officer.....quotes, and here's just one snippet from his quoting as featured in the 'hot off the cyber press' Evening News article pertaining to the 'Away Ticket Revamp'......"We've consulted with fans as well, and we believe the tiered membership scheme will work if fans give it time and give it the importance and focus that it needs.".......So is there anyone on here (specifically those who are away regulars) who was actually consulted by the club?.....

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes. You'll still be behind those who had away season tickets/more than 10 away games who paid £50 but on a level with anyone else who paid the £50.

Hmm, I guess with capped ticket prices it isn't so bad, but a bit of a change for long term ST holders.  I suppose the £50 cost just for the privilege of being able to apply for away tickets might put some people off, especially those who only had a game or two in mind.

It will be interesting to see how many people purchase the away premier membership, and if the numbers are restricted.  If not, it could mean that you're just one of many in window 1 and still unlikely to get tickets to the games you want, but £50 out of pocket.

SB

I haven't actually got a problem with it. However, it has caused a bit of a furore in our What's App group this morn (which contains an ACN staffer) and we're all pretty divided.

Personally, I don't really go to away games so I'm not that concerned. As far as I can see it, we'll be able to find ways to watch all games next season. However, what with a number of the teams being based in London and some stadiums I'd like to see, I might have liked to go to a few more next season. I have a season ticket so I'm not concerned about the home games.

I agree with the point about the cap, it does sort of devalue the season ticket. But with this cap it gives more people the opportunity to watch the team they love. We, as ST holders, should never hold ourselves in a higher regard to a more casual supporter or a family who may not be able to afford 4 tickets, for example. So the fact these guys could buy a membership then go to a game for 30 quid per (probs less for kids) is a good thing.

Point is, who the heck is going to pay an additional £50 to then battle with 20,000+ ST holders for circa 2000 away tickets? It's a lottery.

It'll work for some and not for others. We aren't ever going to please everyone. I think, with the fact that games have now come down to £30, we needed to make up the shortfall and this is likely part of the reason they've done this.

7 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Someone on Twitter said 7 fans were consulted.

That'll be the NCFC board then....... 😉 probably......

I really don't understand why Season Ticket holders feel they should be entitled to an automatic priority on away tickets.  A season ticket gets you a guaranteed seat at all home games, at a discounted rate.   

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, capricorn1 said:

I really don't understand why Season Ticket holders feel they should be entitled to an automatic priority on away tickets.  A season ticket gets you a guaranteed seat at all home games, at a discounted rate.   

Life is just not FAIR!.....

9 minutes ago, capricorn1 said:

That's actually a good point.  I think people will complain because "it's always been that way", but (as a ST holder) I think you're right.

In the past, a season ticket was sometimes seen like a "super membership for proper fans", but I agree it's really just a discount on all home games.

SB

• Like 3

One final question re. season tickets; am I right that demand exceeded supply again this year?  Did the infamous waiting list emerge again?  If so, if there isn't a cap on Premier level membership, it really will be a lottery win if you get a ticket at all.  Interesting times .......