king canary

New membership scheme

Received my home adult membership pack today, but my young son has not yet received his child’s pack. 

Anyone else’s kids received theirs yet? 

Edited by CanaryNath

24 minutes ago, Jonncfc said:

Anyone received their away membership packs?  The first window for Liverpool tickets is next Tuesday and I’ve received nothing yet other than an acknowledgment email when I paid my £51.50 a few weeks ago. It’s getting a bit close.

Does it matter? I’ve just checked my order history online and it shows I’m a member, so you should be ok to buy online. In person or on the phone you probably just need to give your supporter number.

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Does it matter? I’ve just checked my order history online and it shows I’m a member, so you should be ok to buy online. In person or on the phone you probably just need to give your supporter number.

Well, I’ve just checked online and I can’t find any link to my order history, nor any details of my season ticket, my away premier membership or any of the 10 away matches I went to last season.  Oh well, what could possibly go wrong on Tuesday when I try to buy my Liverpool ticket?

3 minutes ago, Jonncfc said:

Well, I’ve just checked online and I can’t find any link to my order history, nor any details of my season ticket, my away premier membership or any of the 10 away matches I went to last season.  Oh well, what could possibly go wrong on Tuesday when I try to buy my Liverpool ticket?

Does it recognise your supporter number? I’ve just checked on my phone, the purchase history requires you to choose a from and to date to search on so it’s a bit clunky, but the history was in there. 

Otherwise give the club a ring tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Jonncfc said:

One less in the queue in front of me then 😉

On 18/07/2019 at 13:56, SteveN8458 said:

Well my membership pack arrived today:

50p keying.

75p Tie pin.

£5 for the scarf.

I feel royally done over!

Just got mine, but I got a (silky style) scarf and a flag.

I do actually have a flag pole holder on the front of my house (my village has flags/Christmas trees on the front of houses at different tones of year) - is this an extremely personalised service? How much does the club know about me???

Edited by Nuff Said

Just received my away membership pack. Why oh why are they sending us all a flag and scarf - we already have about 6 of them already!  Couldn't they have done away with the gimmicks and charged us less in the first place - or is that too much like common sense.

2 minutes ago, Halesworth Canary said:

Just received my away membership pack. Why oh why are they sending us all a flag and scarf - we already have about 6 of them already!  Couldn't they have done away with the gimmicks and charged us less in the first place - or is that too much like common sense.

Having bought the home & away priority membership are they going to send me a second scarf + a flag?

2 hours ago, SteveN8458 said:

Having bought the home & away priority membership are they going to send me a second scarf + a flag?

There's different things in each membership pack:

Membership packs

You get a "home" scarf with the home premier membership and an "away" scarf with the away premier membership.

2 hours ago, SteveN8458 said:

Got my home priority membership earlier and today got my away membership the difference being it comes in a purple box (maybe our away colours) a green scarf and a Norwich flag.

Robin Sainty has revealed that 7k away memberships have been sold

...so there we have it, 7000 of us scrambling for 3000 tickets for the more popular away games.

Scandalous that the club didnt cap it and take money off that many knowing that over half will be left disappointed.....just cant believe another priority level of i.e 5-10 away games last season + season ticket holder wasnt introduced to a)make it fairer...b) avoud the inevitable scramble online,on the phone and in person when the tickets become available

21 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...so there we have it, 7000 of us scrambling for 3000 tickets for the more popular away games.

Scandalous that the club didnt cap it and take money off that many knowing that over half will be left disappointed.....just cant believe another priority level of i.e 5-10 away games last season + season ticket holder wasnt introduced to a)make it fairer...b) avoud the inevitable scramble online,on the phone and in person when the tickets become available

For me this just confirms my view that this was purely a money making exercise.

The club has lost out due to the cap on away ticket prices. They also felt obliged to match that price for casual home supporters.

How are tickets going to be available?

Will they reserve 'x' for club shop, 'y' for phone and 'z' for online?

Edited by CDMullins

56 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Particularly as on day one there was an 'availability' indicator next to them that went from 'very good' to 'good' at one point indicating that there was some form of limit.

The whole thing has been a complete ****show to be honest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Pretty depressing isn't it ?

Even more so after those in the ' 750 Club ' have had their fill. If they're all taken up that leaves just 2250 tickets for 6250 members.

Not much better than a 1 in 3 chance for your fifty quid. 😢

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Pretty depressing isn't it ?

Even more so after those in the ' 750 Club ' have had their fill. If they're all taken up that leaves just 2250 tickets for 6250 members.

Not much better than a 1 in 3 chance for your fifty quid. 😢

And for those of us who bought the home membership:

"7873 home memberships sold"

With only 1500 casual tickets available, that's a 1 in 5 chance for £50😢

Still, the club are quids in 🤑

Just now, SteveN8458 said:

And for those of us who bought the home membership:

"7873 home memberships sold"

With only 1500 casual tickets available, that's a 1 in 5 chance for £50😢

Still, the club are quids in 🤑

Not everyone will apply for every match, though. I've got a priority membership and I'll only be able to attend two matches.

I’m really pleased I didn’t buy one, if I can get to a couple of games when tickets go on general sale then fine. If not I’ll do a few lower league matches and tick off a few new grounds

I’ll apply for 80-90% of home and away, but fully expect only to be lucky for a few games, despite buying both premier memberships. 

If so, will have made the pricey membership worthwhile for me. This season could be really fun, in the sense of outcomes unpredictable and giving it a proper go (in the right way). 

Also can’t wait to get the chance to go to some new (for me) super local (for me) grounds, namely WHL 2.0 and Olympic stadium, as well as some far flung ones I’ve never got round to before e.g. Goodison, St James, Molineux, Turf Moor

Edited by GenerationA47
And another thing...