king canary

New membership scheme

On 14/06/2019 at 11:27, lake district canary said:

You may be right, but I won't pay £50 on the off chance. Often I don't know until quite late on if I can get to a match, so am unlikely to be in the 9.00 rush on a certain day to get a ticket.  I don't begrudge the success and that more people will want tickets, but I do think that exiles are doubly penalised by having to get two £50 memberships - and still may not get tickets.

Equally that applies to people living right next to the ground if they're not season ticket holders

19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's my birthday in August...

Its mine on Monday😉

On 14/06/2019 at 09:13, Highland Canary said:

I’m not sure that the points system was so broken that it needed complete replacement. In respect of charging for membership aren’t the club subsidising the cost above £30 so it is only those attending very infrequently that are adversely affected? The cliff edge of 10 games or more for the away guarantee does seem unfair to me, however, especially if you’ve attended say nine matches last season. A graded approach seems fairer. For those of us in the 750 I guess we have to assume that attending 10+ or more will keep us in the group for 2020/21 but knowing the rules of that game would be helpful to know now. But, it’s important to remember, in our last PL season there were very few matches where we sold our away allocation - beyond Bournemouth, Watford (small allocations) and the obvious London hot spots I suspect that will be the same this season. Indeed, few away matches were sold out this season excepting during the run in.

Highland if you are talking about the club subsidising away tickets above £30 that is a nonsense as £30 is a EPL ruling and you cannot be charged more than £30 away from home with or without a membership scheme.

I have taken this from a mum who has posted on Facebook. Every last penny is being screwed from supporters and i bet this is not the last of it. Watch out for a programme price rise and in catering no doubt about it in my book.

My 12 year old son has just received the new brochure for the membership scheme. All he wants to do is attend every home match and go over to carrow park before going to the match to kick some balls. After looking at the brochure I have taken the following from it. In 2017-18 season carrow park was free before each home match. In 18-19 you had to pay £10 for the season to use it. In 19-20 it is now £25 to do this if you were a member last season (£35 if you are a new member). What a rip off. This facility should be free before each match to both home and away supporters.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Watch out for a programme price rise....

They were £3.50 last time in the Prem but went down when relegated. So, it's a given.

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Will we have to pay to go to the bog ? 

Well somebody has got to pay for the sanitary towels in the ladies.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

My 12 year old son has just received the new brochure for the membership scheme. All he wants to do is attend every home match and go over to carrow park before going to the match to kick some balls. After looking at the brochure I have taken the following from it. In 2017-18 season carrow park was free before each home match. In 18-19 you had to pay £10 for the season to use it. In 19-20 it is now £25 to do this if you were a member last season (£35 if you are a new member). What a rip off. This facility should be free before each match to both home and away supporters.

I remembering it being free and busy, as my younger son and friend use to love playing their before a game. It is very disappointing that the price is now so much considering the weather, less home games and it not being open during cup games (I may be mistaken there) makes that opportunity much more limited.

Very disappointing indeed. 

I read on Twitter that car parking for away fans travelling on cabbage is no longer free as well.  We'll soon have to pay to pee!

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I read on Twitter that car parking for away fans travelling on cabbage is no longer free as well.  We'll soon have to pay to pee!

That could get very expensive for some of us😀

• Like 1

Is there still a buy back scheme (I last used it a couple of years ago when my cousin came over from the USA)?

If there is can you use the scheme without paying for a membership?

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

A little over-reactionary from some, I feel. 

I'd react but I've run out of reactions!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I noticed that if you do the vip away package then parking is free which made me wonder if they were going to start charging.

Have we all now had a letter inviting us to join the new extortionate membership ?

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

If true that really is taking the pee ! Those that endure cabbage deserve a little freebie and it's not as though the car park is in huge demand on a non-footy day

The Carrow Park stuff is just shabby at this point.

As far as I'm aware though the car parking is still free- think there was a misunderstanding that the club listed it as a VIP benefit (probably to make the VIP package look better) which led to people thinking it wouldn't be free for non-VIP's.

Maybe I should go for Burnley away this season. I always avoid the popular games anyway to increas my chance of getting tickets.

16 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

All those supporters group mentioned are affiliated to the Trust which as far as i am aware is the only one with a constitution, democratically elected officers and a membership subscription. Hardly representatives of our fan base apart from the Trust itself however i am glad that this is being taken back to the club and hopefully Jake Gent will be taken to task.

Maybe we could set up a Pink Un posters supporters group and get ' recognised ' by NCFC ? 😜

Edited by TIL 1010

5 hours ago, SteveN8458 said:

Well my membership pack arrived today:

50p keying.

75p Tie pin.

£5 for the scarf.

I feel royally done over!

You missed off priority access for match tickets, which is kind of the point. The rest is just a “bonus”. 

Although I can’t remember the last time I wore a tie, and I work in a job where I wear a suit regularly and visit customers weekly. So not sure what I’ll do with the tie pin. 

Edited by Nuff Said

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You missed off priority access for match tickets, which is kind of the point. The rest is just a “bonus”. 

Although i I can’t remember the last time I wore a tie, and I work in a job where I wear suit regularly and visit customers weekly. So not sure what I’ll do with the tie pin. 

Not sure there is a more pointless piece of clothing than the tie at this point in time. Weddings or funerals are the only times I'm wearing one.

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Although i I can’t remember the last time I wore a tie, and I work in a job where I wear suit regularly and visit customers weekly. So not sure what I’ll do with the tie pin. 

Last season I had priority access to match tickets, cost £30 (no tie pin, key ring or scarf)

This season I have priority access to match tickets, cost £100, tie pins/key ring & scarf included.

So YES I do feel I've been done over. But I guess I must remember I am a plastic binner.

This season's  scheme has just about put the  kaibosh on the  couple of home games  that I can attend each  season, flights, car hire etc etc all add up. The extra  cost of membership  has pretty much broke the Camels back. I'll  still visit the mammy on home matchday  weekends and hope I can  connect with  someone who  can't make the game. Are there any premier league teams that don't fill their grounds  every week? 

37 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Are there any premier league teams that don't fill their grounds  every week? 

Quite a few I reckon

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Quite a few I reckon

Every PL team except Spurs averaged more than 91% full last season. 11 of the teams managed more than 97%. PL tickets are pretty scarce across the board.

Anyone received their away membership packs?  The first window for Liverpool tickets is next Tuesday and I’ve received nothing yet other than an acknowledgment email when I paid my £51.50 a few weeks ago. It’s getting a bit close.