king canary

New membership scheme

8 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Excellent Lakey - have corrected a couple of typos (in green) for you. Don't put a stamp on it - that'll teach 'em. And do you need the address?

👍

Yours, a grammar ****.

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Hmm, can I say communist?

The swear filter here is mad.

Apparently s3x is a banned word too.

I’m not sure that the points system was so broken that it needed complete replacement. In respect of charging for membership aren’t the club subsidising the cost above £30 so it is only those attending very infrequently that are adversely affected? The cliff edge of 10 games or more for the away guarantee does seem unfair to me, however, especially if you’ve attended say nine matches last season. A graded approach seems fairer. For those of us in the 750 I guess we have to assume that attending 10+ or more will keep us in the group for 2020/21 but knowing the rules of that game would be helpful to know now. But, it’s important to remember, in our last PL season there were very few matches where we sold our away allocation - beyond Bournemouth, Watford (small allocations) and the obvious London hot spots I suspect that will be the same this season. Indeed, few away matches were sold out this season excepting during the run in.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

The swear filter here is mad.

Apparently s3x is a banned word too.

Go and wash your mouth out with soap and water.

4 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

I’m not sure that the points system was so broken that it needed complete replacement. In respect of charging for membership aren’t the club subsidising the cost above £30 so it is only those attending very infrequently that are adversely affected? The cliff edge of 10 games or more for the away guarantee does seem unfair to me, however, especially if you’ve attended say nine matches last season. A graded approach seems fairer. For those of us in the 750 I guess we have to assume that attending 10+ or more will keep us in the group for 2020/21 but knowing the rules of that game would be helpful to know now. But, it’s important to remember, in our last PL season there were very few matches where we sold our away allocation - beyond Bournemouth, Watford (small allocations) and the obvious London hot spots I suspect that will be the same this season. Indeed, few away matches were sold out this season excepting during the run in.

The club is not subsidising anything when it comes to away tickets. they are not subsidising the cost of away tickets above £30. Home tickets they have chosen to match the £30 for 1,500 tickets so for home members I can see that the increase in cost can be justified.

43 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I've written a letter which I am posting this morning (they are going to get a lakey lecture) -

Dear Delia and Michael,

I am writing to you to express my utmost dismay of the new membership scheme which has left me - and many others, it seems - in no doubt that we are not valued supporters of the club.  The scheme affects nearly everyone who follows the club and has upset so many people, basically ruining a lot of the goodwill that has built up towards the club in recent times.   I am bewildered as to how anyone at the club would think this scheme is in any way sensible, let alone justifiable.  

What price loyalty to those that have been going to matches over the difficult years?  We are now being asked to pay a significant amount of money to be in a lottery with those who will just try and jump on the bandwagon because we are in the Premier League! 

Also, how can charging £100 for a home and an away membership be fair, when total priority membership was only £25 last year?   And why on earth are there two memberships?  I could have understood a single membership at £50, or even a combined one at a reduced fee, but to have to get two £50 memberships to join some kind of ticket lottery is just horrendous - especially for families who have to buy multiple memberships. 

Where is the benefit in being a member now anyway?  Because of reduced ticket prices? That is no use when you cannot get a ticket in the first place!  The scheme could easily have recognised ALL those who have gone to matches in recent seasons and given a priority for having been ticket buying supporters, but it looks as if this scheme is only going to encourage those who are interested in seeing the big clubs....in other words those PLASTIC, GLORY HUNTING (I REALLY SUPPORT NORWICH BUT TO SAVE ANY UNFORSEEN EMBARRASMENT, I'LL PRETEND I REALLY SUPPORT THE BIG TEAMS) GITS that are more interested in seeing Liverpool or Man Utd than seeing Norwich.  Those of us that are real die hard supporters - whether we are season ticket holders or just go to matches when we can - look like we are being treated very badly.

I am at a loss to understand the reasoning behind this new scheme - or should I say 'schemes' - and to many of us, it looks like a money grabbing exercise and does not offer any loyalty to everyday fans who have followed the club through thick and thin.  It wouldn't matter to me if we were in League 2 - I would still try to get to matches.....but priority is now available to anyone at all, whether they have been to matches recently or not.  

Also, there is a clear callousness in the way this scheme was introduced, just hours before the fixtures were announced. 

I am shocked that the club can so easily risk throwing away the goodwill it has engendered in recent years - and for the first time since membership was introduced I will not be buying one.  I may still get to a game or two if there are any tickets left on general sale, but there has been damage done to the club's relationship with it's fans today and it is upsetting that after such a fantastic season, that the anticipation of the new season has been spoiled by such a badly thought out scheme.

Yours sincerely

Good letter Lakey. I too have made a slight adjustment (in red), for balance purposes only, to your letter.

My advice would be to print it out, shred it and send as it mentioned by Fuzzar. That way, they will not only have to pay postage, but will be spending all day gluing the strips together to make head or tail of it. 

• Haha 1

We need names......we need answers......We want to know who's idea it was and who is responsible for this away ticketing scheming scheme......NOW!......

If we don't or aren't told who the guilty person or persons who are ultimately responsible for generating this most unpopular scheming scheme.....Then mark my infuriating words, we as a collective group of disgruntled support will display our intense anger and proceed to do absolutely booger all about it!.....That is, apart from whingeing and whining about it on this forum.....Oh, and LDC sending the club, a strongly worded letter.....Harrumph!.....

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Is it too early to book St Andrews hall ?

Alas local telephone kiosks/boxes to accommodate such a substantial protest, are now few and far between...... 

Ok....an update (for what it's worth).

Like many others i suspect, I've received today my membership invite in the post.  It turns out I can opt in to the standard home membership with a £10 discount for being a member last season.  So the result is a £25 home standard membership - which I have decided to take up so I can at least have a small advantage in the hope of getting to CR at least once next season.

It doesn't solve the away issue, but it does mean I've adjusted the end of the letter....I've succumbed to buying in - probably what most of us will end up doing anyway......

Lakey may i suggest that you include the fact that families are expected to fork out £50 for kids which will endanger future generations being lost.

• Like 1

IMO this scheme has not been particularly well thought out, however, my main issue is not that (IMO) the club has scored an own goal, but as soon as they realised they had, and they should have done so within the hour, that they did not 'freeze frame' everything until further consideration had been given to the immediate feedback from fans.

I judge a person, not by a genuine mistake made by them, but by how they then handle the fallout and go on to make good, so far I'm not impressed, furthermore, it may well be too far along the road to change direction now.

26 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

We need names......we need answers......We want to know who's idea it was and who is responsible for this away ticketing scheming scheme......NOW!......

If we don't or aren't told who the guilty person or persons who are ultimately responsible for generating this most unpopular scheming scheme.....Then mark my infuriating words, we as a collective group of disgruntled support will display our intense anger and proceed to do absolutely booger all about it!.....That is, apart from whingeing and whining about it on this forum.....Oh, and LDC sending the club, a strongly worded letter.....Harrumph!.....

Hanging is too good for him.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Like many others i suspect, I've received today my membership invite in the post.  It turns out I can opt in to the standard home membership with a £10 discount for being a member last season.  So the result is a £25 home standard membership - which I have decided to take up so I can at least have a small advantage in the hope of getting to CR at least once next season.

It doesn't solve the away issue, but it does mean I've adjusted the end of the letter....I've succumbed to buying in - probably what most of us will end up doing anyway......

With the standard home membership I doubt if you will ever get a ticket, i read somewhere that there are only 1500 '' spare '' home places available, pretty sure they will all be taken by the Premier Membership first.

32 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Is it too early to book St Andrews hall ?

image.png.b23bcb73471ec78f155f60a195711542.png

A big opportunity don't you think ?

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Lakey may i suggest that you include the fact that families are expected to fork out £50 for kids which will endanger future generations being lost.

For kids home and away if you ever want to take them away!

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It doesn't solve the away issue, but it does mean I've adjusted the end of the letter....I've succumbed to buying in - probably what most of us will end up doing anyway...…

I'm not sure i'd bother if I were you. I can't see the 1500 tickets getting beyond the £50 members for home games. I may be wrong on that though.

15 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I'm not sure i'd bother if I were you. I can't see the 1500 tickets getting beyond the £50 members for home games. I may be wrong on that though.

You may be right, but I won't pay £50 on the off chance. Often I don't know until quite late on if I can get to a match, so am unlikely to be in the 9.00 rush on a certain day to get a ticket.  I don't begrudge the success and that more people will want tickets, but I do think that exiles are doubly penalised by having to get two £50 memberships - and still may not get tickets.

This sums up why this is a money making scheme and not designed to look after the loyal supporters . 

My girlfriend has received the membership invite in the post today , she has never brought a ticket for a Norwich match only for the other events at Carrow Road. So for £50 she has as much chance of getting an away ticket as I have (average 5 away games a season ) . 

Taken all the interest out of the fixtures for me as have decided not to bother with away games this season apart from Paderborn that is ! 

4 hours ago, Highland Canary said:

I’m not sure that the points system was so broken that it needed complete replacement. In respect of charging for membership aren’t the club subsidising the cost above £30 so it is only those attending very infrequently that are adversely affected? The cliff edge of 10 games or more for the away guarantee does seem unfair to me, however, especially if you’ve attended say nine matches last season. A graded approach seems fairer. For those of us in the 750 I guess we have to assume that attending 10+ or more will keep us in the group for 2020/21 but knowing the rules of that game would be helpful to know now. But, it’s important to remember, in our last PL season there were very few matches where we sold our away allocation - beyond Bournemouth, Watford (small allocations) and the obvious London hot spots I suspect that will be the same this season. Indeed, few away matches were sold out this season excepting during the run in

Blimey Highland, didn’t expect to see you crawling out of the woodwork just yet. In can understand how our great season forced you to hunker down in your bunker but I thought you’d wait until we lost again

By the way for what it’s worth I agree with your post.

14 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/Tickets/Experiences/VIP-Away-Day-Experience/

and now.......

dont worry if you can’t jump the queue by taking out £50 membership. We have other ways you can get the best seats in the away end if you have enough cash 

This would make a nice treat for a birthday or something. 👍👍

On 14/06/2019 at 11:01, TIL 1010 said:

image.png.b23bcb73471ec78f155f60a195711542.png

A big opportunity don't you think ?

When it is free Tampons they are all over the club like a rash, this fiasco and one short telephone call and that is it

16 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

What the article doesn’t say is there a £1 first and last goal scorer on the coach and will it stop at the farm on the a17 or not? 

57 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Agreed. Seems quite reasonably priced to me.