king canary

New membership scheme

Be interesting to know at the end of the season how many people have “ got their money back “ by getting tickets 

1 minute ago, East Rider said:

It may certainly be a 'challenge' to increase or build at Carrow road, but if you really believe 'it is merely pie in the sky, wishful dreaming,' then consider that every part of our ground had been demolished and rebuilt in my supporting/attending lifetime. Merely standing still because something appears too difficult is not what progressive types do (the planners / owners / etc)

It is therefore quite possible to be done and better minds than ours would in all probability have solutions or ideas to the relocation issue. My point was purely to do with future planning on todays goodwill

Let us hope the only thing that gets 'issued' next season are results and progression.

Three of the replaced stands did not have sold out seating.

The logistics if dealing with these 4000 supporters are not some 'airy fairy' idea than can be resolved by 'better minds' - they are accepted and understood facts.

And what is " pie in the sky, wishful dreaming,' " is your denial of what the club has previously stated in that regard

As to todays goodwill I would point to where 'todays' goodwill' was after the first season the in the Championship - plenty of empty seats.

ps results and progress are not issued either, they are earned

I have just sent an email to the club, expressing my displeasure about the new away scheme, maybe if everyone who feels that way could do the same

4 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I have just sent an email to the club, expressing my displeasure about the new away scheme, maybe if everyone who feels that way could do the same

Not sure it will have an impact 

maybe you should book St. Andrews hall for a protest meeting? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Three of the replaced stands did not have sold out seating.

The logistics if dealing with these 4000 supporters are not some 'airy fairy' idea than can be resolved by 'better minds' - they are accepted and understood facts.

And what is " pie in the sky, wishful dreaming,' " is your denial of what the club has previously stated in that regard

As to todays goodwill I would point to where 'todays' goodwill' was after the first season the in the Championship - plenty of empty seats.

ps results and progress are not issued either, they are earned

This reply reminds me what my mother (RIP) once advised me:

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

You win.        :classic_tongue:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Be interesting to know at the end of the season how many people have “ got their money back “ by getting tickets 

If the average price of a home ticket is usually say £50 but now £30 I doubt many will as they'll need to get lucky three times.

For away fans it's bad news as all clubs charge visiting fans £30 so it's £50 up the swanee even if you're in the ' 750 Club ' and guaranteed to get a ticket.

Having spent the day reading the fans almost unanimous condemnation of this scheme, I feel I have no alternative but to ask for the immediate and unconditional resignation of the entire board of directors of NCFC.

time for Delia to go I am afraid 

7 minutes ago, M the Canary said:

Having spent the day reading the fans almost unanimous condemnation of this scheme, I feel I have no alternative but to ask for the immediate and unconditional resignation of the entire board of directors of NCFC.

Seems more like a very varied response with some winners and some losers.

14 minutes ago, M the Canary said:

You are Big Vince and i claim my £5 or should it be in this case £50 ? 😜

Capping home tickets at 30 quid is commendable especially since they'd of probably sold tickets for games against the big teams for much more. Only thing is I bet this will be the price for every home game with games against the so called lesser teams not reducing in price.

The away scheme absolutely sucks and stinks of a money making exercise exploiting the loyalty of fans and the large fanbase.

If I want a scarf and/or a keyring I'll swallow the high prices and buy them from the club shop!

Surely fans who go to the most away games should have priority over those who've been to less games, no argument.

Edited by kingsway

1 hour ago, East Rider said:

It may certainly be a 'challenge' to increase or build at Carrow road, but if you really believe 'it is merely pie in the sky, wishful dreaming,' then consider that every part of our ground had been demolished and rebuilt in my supporting/attending lifetime. Merely standing still because something appears too difficult is not what progressive types do (the planners / owners / etc)

It is therefore quite possible to be done and better minds than ours would in all probability have solutions or ideas to the relocation issue. My point was purely to do with future planning on todays goodwill

Let us hope the only thing that gets 'issued' next season are results and progression.

The relocation should be achievable, given that it was done when the South Stand was rebuilt. I think the main stand holds around 4,000. Assuming that area could not be partially used during the rebuilding then capacity goes down to 23,000.  Assuming we keep to 22,000 season ticket holders that leave, say, 500 seats for casual NCFC fans and 500 for away fans. I know there are normally rules that would guarantee away fans more, but they can be reduced in this kind of circumstance.

The real problem, which I don't see an answer to any time soon, is that it would involve diverting money away from the playing side and almost certainly mean taking out a big loan. Much (not all, I think) of the debt that caused the financial problem before came from the rebuilding of the South Stand,, and the overall cost of that was much lower than the projections that have been bandied about for the main stand.

Back in 2013 Bowkett said it would cost 30m pounds, mortgaged over 20 years, with annual repayments of 2.5m, making a total cost 0f 50m, although that was to add 8,000 seats, taking capacity to 35,000. I would have thought adding 4,000 or 5,000 seats at most would be sensible.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I'm not too sure what you think would be issued, but there is still not an answer to the major problem involved in building a new stand.

Where do you put the 4000 Main Stand supporters while you are building the new stand - assuming that is the stand.

If it were possible to complete the work in the close season, as with the original Carrow Road then fine - but until you can solve that problem it is merely pie in the sky, wishful dreaming.

Put a 2nd tier on the South Stand first. This could possibly be done without having to close the South Stand although patrons in that stand would have to put up with being roofless for a while.

A 2nd tier on the South Stand would hold 4-5000 which would put ground capacity up to 31/32,000. Then in the future if there is a further need to increase capacity then the City stand could be knocked down and replaced which during construction would only reduce capacity to 26,500/27,500!

Bit concerned that the memberships aren't being capped so fans will be paying out money with no guarantees! 

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

Too many will have already bought a membership, including myself🤨

16 minutes ago, kingsway said:

Surely fans who go to the most away games should have priority over those who've been to less games, no argument.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't this exactly what the new scheme does. The argument seems to be with those at or below the cut off zone that think they have been hard done by. I have no skin in the game as I am no longer able to attend away matches but the main 750+ hard core seem to have been rewarded while the casuals are not best pleased.

The other point seems to be that some season home ticket holders believe they should have away ticket priority. An arguable point but not one I support, you have simply guarenteed your own seat for 19 home games with an option for cup tickets. I can understand people having a moan about the price but as in all things where demand acceeds supply pricing becomes the arbiter.  

27 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The relocation should be achievable, given that it was done when the South Stand was rebuilt. I think the main stand holds around 4,000. Assuming that area could not be partially used during the rebuilding then capacity goes down to 23,000.  Assuming we keep to 22,000 season ticket holders that leave, say, 500 seats for casual NCFC fans and 500 for away fans. I know there are normally rules that would guarantee away fans more, but they can be reduced in this kind of circumstance.

The real problem, which I don't see an answer to any time soon, is that it would involve diverting money away from the playing side and almost certainly mean taking out a big loan. Much (not all, I think) of the debt that caused the financial problem before came from the rebuilding of the South Stand,, and the overall cost of that was much lower than the projections that have been bandied about for the main stand.

Back in 2013 Bowkett said it would cost 30m pounds, mortgaged over 20 years, with annual repayments of 2.5m, making a total cost 0f 50m, although that was to add 8,000 seats, taking capacity to 35,000. I would have thought adding 4,000 or 5,000 seats at most would be sensible.

Lets be honest, the economics don't add up. I doubt stadium expansion will happen any time soon.

Fans are being rewarded for their loyalty by being exploited by the club in a money making exercise!

A few years of continuous Premiership football will likely mean money being spent on increasing the capacity of Carrow Road!

And what about fans who went to 10+ away games last season who refuse to be exploited and pay for the membership!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingsway said:

Fans are being rewarded for their loyalty by being exploited by the club in a money making exercise!

A few years of continuous Premiership football will likely mean money being spent on increasing the capacity of Carrow Road!

Let’s hope so👍

2 minutes ago, kingsway said:

And what about fans who went to 10+ away games last season who refuse to be exploited and pay for the membership!

Their reward is to go to the back of the queue 

Edited by FenwayFrank

1 minute ago, kingsway said:

The price is what it is, nobody is forcing them to pay. In any event with the £30 cap what you lose on the swings you more than gain on the roundabout.

As in all things you have to weigh up your own finances and what the deal is worth to the individual. If you can't afford it you can't go. I would like a new car but there ya go.

7 minutes ago, kingsway said:

Why refuse to pay, its very little in the grand scheme of going to away games to be honest

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The price is what it is, nobody is forcing them to pay. In any event with the £30 cap what you lose on the swings you more than gain on the roundabout.

As in all things you have to weigh up your own finances and what the deal is worth to the individual. If you can't afford it you can't go. I would like a new car but there ya go.

Correct but those are the very things the club is preying on. They know that hardcore fans will go the extra mile to ensure they get tickets for games and to ensure they can go to games in further seasons on!

Though  like someone else said the 30 quid price cap will help to offset some of the 50 quid that is if you are successful in ballots for tickets!

Edited by kingsway

11 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Depends on how many games you go to doesn’t it ?

Presumably the fans that are upset are the ones that went to more than 10 away games last season, or those that did maybe 7 or 8 who will not get priority membership for their £50

Edited by Van wink

Personally i liked the points away system, as we were able to get to more than 10 away games per season for several seasons now. But we still missed out on a few away games (Bournemouth A, Brentford A spring to mind)  so hopeful this new system will mean we still get to follow our team home and away, we have signed up for it.

I also understand that the 7 who went to a meeting with the club last week were more told this was the way forward rather than consulted. So we have signed up for it and hope that it the club have got it right and are trying to be fair and also generating some extra income along the way.

44 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't this exactly what the new scheme does. The argument seems to be with those at or below the cut off zone that think they have been hard done by. I have no skin in the game as I am no longer able to attend away matches but the main 750+ hard core seem to have been rewarded while the casuals are not best pleased.

Someone with a season ticket who made it to 7 or 8 away games is a casual? Interesting definition. 

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

Someone with a season ticket who made it to 7 or 8 away games is a casual? Interesting definition. 

Would you be a casual if you only attended seven or eight home games?

Yes in my opinion, so what's the difference.

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Would you be a casual if you only attended seven or eight home games?

Yes in my opinion, so what's the difference.

Not if you also attended every away game...

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not if you also attended every away game...

You would already have priority in that case.

Edited by ricardo
Spell