king canary

New membership scheme

I jumped straight into this and purchased two Premier Away Membership's for my brother and I. I'm an exile and only made it to three games last season... So on the face of it this scheme benefits me. 

However, if the membership subscription is not capped then there will still be huge demand for tickets and therefore a £50 outlay offers no greater chance of being successful. Every supporter has a fair and equal chance to enter the ticket lottery (putting loyalty to one side) .. but now there's more people with lottery tickets. 

So I've probably wasted my money... unless I've missed something?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

However, if the membership subscription is not capped then there will still be huge demand for tickets and therefore a £50 outlay offers no greater chance of being successful. Every supporter has a fair and equal chance to enter the ticket lottery (putting loyalty to one side) .. but now there's more people with lottery tickets. 

So I've probably wasted my money... unless I've missed something?

This. I'd love to know many premier memberships are actually available. Hypothetically, they could sell several thousand with just 1,500 casual tickets available which would make a lot of people very angry.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This. I'd love to know many premier memberships are actually available. Hypothetically, they could sell several thousand with just 1,500 casual tickets available which would make a lot of people very angry.

Well last time we were in the prem we supposedly had 14,000 members so you can do the maths there on the home tickets. Last season we apparently had 10,000.

Same applies for the aways. I would think several thousand fans will be willing to buy them so would be very interesting to know what the limit i

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, I'm not too unhappy about it and am ready to purchase, but do I have to buy two memberships for myself?  One for home and one for away? 

That does seem a bit ott.

Yes if you want priority (of an undetermined level) for both casual home tickets and away tickets. they are two separate memberships. 

41 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

On a different note I see the club is saying they expect 1500 casual tickets to be available for home games. Added to 22,000 season ticket holders that makes 23,500 which is 4,000 under capacity. Even allowing for the full away allocation there is a bit of a gap. Is an extra block being given over to corporate sales which will presumably be much more expensive than the £30 tickets?

I don't know if it has changed since, but in the Barclaycard sponsorship era we had to set aside a large block of complimentary tickets for Barclaycard to distribute as they saw fit.

I ended up with two tickets to Norwich vs Wigan as a work colleague's wife worked for Barclaycard and had won the tickets in a draw, and no one in their office fancied a Sunday 4pm kick off in Norwich for a game that was already on Sky.

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:
10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, I'm not too unhappy about it and am ready to purchase, but do I have to buy two memberships for myself?  One for home and one for away? 

Yes if you want priority (of an undetermined level) for both casual home tickets and away tickets. they are two separate memberships. 

Think I might be going off this deal. £100 is a lot to pay up front for something you might not be able to do because tickets might get sold out. I like to make two or three games at CR at the beginning of each season....but these are the ones that will likely sell out quickly - I could be spending £50 for nothing.

I'll have to give those a miss and just go for an away ticket membership - but then an away membership is putting money into something where there may be no tickets available at the few matches I could get to.

Maybe I'll have to miss out.  Difficult to put £100 up front for something I might not get any benefit from.  

Always go to an away game with my brother. If we both buy the membership ticket are we guaranteed that the two of us will obtain tickets for the same match. Question might have been answered already, but have not noticed !!!

2 minutes ago, vos said:

Always go to an away game with my brother. If we both buy the membership ticket are we guaranteed that the two of us will obtain tickets for the same match. Question might have been answered already, but have not noticed !!!

I'd imagine you can probably book for someone else with their membership number but I'm not sure. 

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Think I might be going off this deal. £100 is a lot to pay up front for something you might not be able to do because tickets might get sold out. I like to make two or three games at CR at the beginning of each season....but these are the ones that will likely sell out quickly - I could be spending £50 for nothing.

I'll have to give those a miss and just go for an away ticket membership - but then an away membership is putting money into something where there may be no tickets available at the few matches I could get to.

Maybe I'll have to miss out.  Difficult to put £100 up front for something I might not get any benefit from.  

This really is where the Club haven't been as transparent as they might have been . I'm largely in favour of them trying to manage the increased demand, but not having any known cap on the number of Away or Home Memberships is not great. I see both Standard and Premier away tickets availability is described as "Very Good" which either means they haven't sold many (which i doubt) or there are plenty to buy. Having a tiered structure is a bit pointless if we are all on the same tier. 

39 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, one for each 👍

It would have been fairer to combine the home and away price.

Edited by Hoola Han Solo
  • Like 1

I'm just going to 'wing it' for the away games I want to go to. I would like to do the Southampton/Leicester/Burnley and Sheffield matches, so hopefully these will be less in demand.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Well last time we were in the prem we supposedly had 14,000 members so you can do the maths there on the home tickets. Last season we apparently had 10,000.

Same applies for the aways. I would think several thousand fans will be willing to buy them so would be very interesting to know what the limit i

That's insane. 14,000 members means that some will definitely miss out when there are only 1,500 available.

Also, the premier memberships only count for either home or away!? That's even more ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That's insane. 14,000 members means that some will definitely miss out when there are only 1,500 available.

Also, the premier memberships only count for either home or away!? That's even more ridiculous. 

Welcome to the new improved Premier League....😳

21 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd imagine you can probably book for someone else with their membership number but I'm not sure. 

That’s what I’m hoping. It worked OK last year for away tickets.

Shelling out £50 in the vague hope of getting the odd home ticket for family or friend seems a big leap of faith

So what if I just wait for the games where there are loads of tickets or no demand - will I still have to pay the £50 to get one, or will I just be last in the queue? 

17 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The vast majority will lose out! 

Just now, Badger said:

So what if I just wait for the games where there are loads of tickets or no demand - will I still have to pay the £50 to get one, or will I just be last in the queue? 

You'd be last in the queue.

I'm not sure there are many games that will fit that description this season though.

22 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

This really is where the Club haven't been as transparent as they might have been . I'm largely in favour of them trying to manage the increased demand, but not having any known cap on the number of Away or Home Memberships is not great. I see both Standard and Premier away tickets availability is described as "Very Good" which either means they haven't sold many (which i doubt) or there are plenty to buy. Having a tiered structure is a bit pointless if we are all on the same tier. 

Exactly this.  There's going to be some annoyed people (myself included) if they spend £50 on a "Premier" away membership only to find they can't get tickets to the games they want because thousands of others have done the same.

Earlier today, the Premier away membership changed from Very Good to just Good, but then went back to Very Good later, so I'm not sure what this means, if anything.

7 minutes ago, StewB said:

Exactly this.  There's going to be some annoyed people (myself included) if they spend £50 on a "Premier" away membership only to find they can't get tickets to the games they want because thousands of others have done the same.

Earlier today, the Premier away membership changed from Very Good to just Good, but then went back to Very Good later, so I'm not sure what this means, if anything.

I can't imagine why anyone would buy the standard one at the point.

Say we get a 3k ticket allocation, you've already got 750 people ahead of you, I'm not sure many away games will make it to the standard membership level.

The membership scheme has been around in one guise or another for years. As far as I recall it has not been capped in the past, just various levels depending on how much of a member you wished to be. 

It is certainly a shame some more active members who go away are likely to miss out just because a really important and big member from the club has derived a new structure.

Members eh?

1 minute ago, Since 1980 said:

Paid for premier membership for home games only - very content.

COYB

COTP

COTK

You can get a walk up ticket at the Loo, son. I wouldn't trouble yourself with worrying about the Prem for a while yet. 

I would guess that 14,000 figure was a legacy from the place off final. I doubt many were kept up the following year.

Went and paid  this lunchtime and said i was so glad my loyalty for attending 13 away games last year has been rewarded by me  being allowed to give them £50 to be top of pile for next season when tickets are allocated.

I also believe that only one or two the gang of seven fans in on this scheme from the outset are representatives of supporters groups acknowledged by the club.

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I would guess that 14,000 figure was a legacy from the place off final. I doubt many were kept up the following year.

It will be very interesting to be informed of the membership total (home and away) before the season starts. I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to that number nutty.

You do wonder though with all this good will and supporters being prepared to pay out whether, this would be the right time to offer a scheme for say new season tickets holders (aimed at the premier only types). Something like a seat for two prem seasons in the expected new stand or 3 in the championship when its completed for the princely and tempting sum of only £1000 - £1200 each?

That would put a few mil in the pot right now to start the project as and when we do expand. Another bond scheme further down the line and Bob's your uncle...…..

I know there are more than a few issues here with this idea, but it's more about the timing of the offer and right now appears good

I'm not too sure what you think would be issued, but there is still not an answer to the major problem involved in building a new stand.

Where do you put the 4000 Main Stand supporters while you are building the new stand - assuming that is the stand.

If it were possible to complete the work in the close season, as with the original Carrow Road then fine - but until you can solve that problem it is merely pie in the sky, wishful dreaming.

This scheme sucks IMO, regular away supporters have been shafted . away supporters with a few games under their belt have been shafted. the only supporter who wins is the casual who wants to go to a couple of "big" away games.

having said that it may be the casual will just waste the £50, as if we have an unlimited amount and sell 10000 plus £50 memberships, most will still miss out, in which case why has it been implemented at all, why not make it a free for all for everyone

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm not too sure what you think would be issued, but there is still not an answer to the major problem involved in building a new stand.

Where do you put the 4000 Main Stand supporters while you are building the new stand - assuming that is the stand.

If it were possible to complete the work in the close season, as with the original Carrow Road then fine - but until you can solve that problem it is merely pie in the sky, wishful dreaming.

It may certainly be a 'challenge' to increase or build at Carrow road, but if you really believe 'it is merely pie in the sky, wishful dreaming,' then consider that every part of our ground had been demolished and rebuilt in my supporting/attending lifetime. Merely standing still because something appears too difficult is not what progressive types do (the planners / owners / etc)

It is therefore quite possible to be done and better minds than ours would in all probability have solutions or ideas to the relocation issue. My point was purely to do with future planning on todays goodwill

Let us hope the only thing that gets 'issued' next season are results and progression.