king canary

New membership scheme

Very poor from the club.  I hope they listen to the feedback and act quickly to reverse these changes - specifically with regards to the away allocation.

Capping home ticket prices at £30 is a good and commendable thing BUT it does meant that relatively season tickets are worth less.  Sure you're guaranteed your bum on a seat but with a membership and not being fussy where you sit you can pretty much get tickets for every match.  

The away scheme is just terrible.  No reward for loyalty, and nothing to stop a Manure fan from Great Yarmouth picking up a membership and ticket ahead of a season ticket holder or someone who went to nine games last season.

Utterly bonkers.

• Like 1

What a great new away membership scheme ! 

I have not been to a Norwich game for the last ten years so this premier card for only £50 gives me the opportunity to go to some of the big premiership grounds next season. Feel a bit sorry for the season ticket holders who have been to an average 5 away games per season in last 30 years who are not rewarded for their loyalty !

The club have got a lot of things right lately but not this one , explains why they announced it the day before fixtures and put them on sale at 9.00 am. 

Pleased overall with the changes.

The £50 goes to the club and capping away tickets means I will be better off.

having done far more than 10 away games last season I am glad my loyalty is finally being recognised 

well done the club. Long live Delia 

Good to see home tickets capped at 30 quid. 

However, a casual fan can 'jump the queue' with regards to away tickets. I've been a season ticket holder for nearly ten years, with probably 40 or 50 away games in this time. But now I will have to pay to get higher up the ladder, just like any other b ugger who's not been in donkeys years 😬

Edited by Hoola Han Solo

The away system seems very unfair to long term ST holders who would like to go to the odd away game now when in the Premier League 

Can’t see many people buying standard membership unless they’re buying for more than a couple of people.

"But you won't reach the top of that ladder. City have ring-fenced a priority group of 750 people that were either away season ticket holders or went to 10 or more away games last season, and their respective loyalty will be rewarded with the first shot at away tickets next season - providing they buy an away premier membership."

Even if you're in that 10+ game category, you'll still have to pay the £50. Loyalty indeed (at a price).

I haven’t got a problem with those that were away season ticket holder or that did 10+ games getting first dibs but after that it’s just about who pays the most. Let’s say I buy the £30 membership and then the club announces there are 5k that bought premier. Either I’ve wasted my money or I’ve got to spend another £20 on top.

2 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Even if you're in that 10+ game category, you'll still have to pay the £50. Loyalty indeed (at a price)

Really ? I thought if you did 10+ games last season you could just go in as priority 

The price cap is good.

Everything else seems ill thought out. The high price of junior memberships, the fact a non season ticket holder can just pay £50 to jump the queue and the two tier system seems like it'll be pretty redundant if enough people buy premium membership.

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Really ? I thought if you did 10+ games last season you could just go in as priority 

Nope you still need to pay for the membership.

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

So did I until I read it. That's actually quite shocking. Hopefully @Jobsworth Canary won't moan about it too much

It seems basically sensible to me.  Realistically our home fixtures next year are pretty much all going to sell out at £30, so they need a way to ration the casual sales.  Ditto for away games at £30 a lot are going to be over-subscribed I think.

Personally I think a home ST holder should be entitled to get away priority membership, if they're willing to stump up the £50.

To put it in perspective, last Saturday I went to see Muse at the Etihad stadium which cost me nearly £80, and the tickets sold out in hours if not minutes when they went on sale.  £30 for a Prem ticket really is a bargain.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Nope you still need to pay for the membership.

I’ve run out of reactions already. That’s shocking really and no real reward for those that did plenty of games last season. 

Yes you pay £50 to the club but the £30 cap for away games in the premier league means the non plastic away fan is much better off compared to the previously flawed scheme 

Will write more on this later but I think these changes are disgusting, money grabbing of the worst kind. They’ve got this badly wrong and it reflects very poorly on our so called “community club.”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Will write more on this later but I think these changes are disgusting, money grabbing of the worst kind. They’ve got this badly wrong and it reflects very poorly on our so called “community club.”

We have a great club, but it isn't immune to criticism. This has upset a lot of fans.

Btw, this means that if you went to 9 away games last season, you are 1 off the 10 and in exactly the same position as someone who went to 0. 

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

If the club was on a money grab they'd have not capped ticket prices.

I think they've got this wrong but I don't doubt the intentions were good.

Why money grabbing?

You essentially get your £50 back, if you go to 3/4 games.

Previous seasons, Old Trafford, Anfield etc have been £40/50+

As a 'casual' living in Leeds, who gets to most away games midlands up, this works well for me.

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Why money grabbing?

You essentially get your £50 back, if you go to 3/4 games.

Previous seasons, Old Trafford, Anfield etc have been £40/50+

As a 'casual' living in Leeds, who gets to most away games midlands up, this works well for me.

I think it is fair that season ticket holders might be a bit put out at having to pay an extra £50 to have a chance at getting an away ticket.