Sign in to follow this  
NWC

James Norwood

Disappointed that we didn't take a punt on this guy. Prolific scorer albeit at a significantly lower level and would have fitted in to the current recruitment strategy. 

I work with a couple of Tranmere ST's and they are gutted he's gone somewhere as lowly as Ipswich!!!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, NWC said:

Disappointed that we didn't take a punt on this guy. Prolific scorer albeit at a significantly lower level and would have fitted in to the current recruitment strategy. 

I work with a couple of Tranmere ST's and they are gutted he's gone somewhere as lowly as Ipswich!!!

Yep 28 year old league 2 target men are definitely what we need.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NWC said:

OMG , many people were critising our move for Pukki , wonder what they would've thought if we'd gone for Norwood instead!

5 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Cody McDonald anyone?

I wonder if the lack of playing time for Cody is what sent Paul Moy off the deep end into the man we see on the EU thread?

• Haha 1

Well...there must be a lack of transfer activity at Carrow road...as we're discussing the signing of a new scummer at pub league level on this forum ... 🙄

1 hour ago, NWC said:

We're a Premiership Club or hadn't you noticed?

Possibly the most ridiculous post I've read in ages. 

• Like 1

Crikey, if we’re going to be relying on taking wild punts on guys in their late 20s - and who have never played above L2 - to see us to PL safety, that would be rather scary.  

He may come off and be the ‘next Holt’, but I’m somewhat doubtful. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

They haven't been this excited at an arrival at their club since they hired Paul Hurst.

They think they've signed Oliver Norwood.....

Yellow glasses off. He is a great signing for league 1 team - I would be very excited.

He's never scored a goal higher than League 2 though - I would hope for a lot more from the player we sign to push Pukki. He would be a bit of a punt for a championship team, let alone one of the best 20 teams in the country.

Nowhere near good enough for us. Unfortunately may be a decent signing for the sc*m at the level they now ply their trade though. Lambo clearly looking to unearth another Holt and he does have a touch of the Holty about him from what I've seen of him. 

• Like 1

Aren't all his goals in League 2? He doesn't even have a main physical attribute like exceptional pace or height. Wouldn't have been good enough for us even if we had stayed in the Championship

He looked decent in the playoff games, but he's pretty short and lacking Holt's physicality. 

For us, I'd prefer Jack Marriott. Still only 24 and looked great for Derby when they put him on the pitch. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 2

I think the days are gone when you could whistle up someone from a lower league club and he would just carry on scoring.

Strikers have to play a dual role now and in the EPL, they will find chances harder to come by.

7 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

OP has to be a binner surely?

That was my other thought but I didn't want to offend him. 😎

Truth is, they could sign Messi but without service he's going to struggle. Yes Judge is quality at that level but he's also injury prone and League One is physically demanding. 

The fact that they think they're a big Club can work against them, other Teams will up their game and will make life difficult for their less experienced players. 

I'm sure Lambert will pick up some more freebies but I can't see them walking it the way some are expecting on TWTD. 

Was having a look at the forum that those bin dipping troglodytes like to call 'home' and noticed a FOOKIN hilarious post about Norwood.

Apparently he's having a hair transplant using his signing on fee! I wouldn't waste your money, mate. You're gonna be pulling it out again after 5 games! 😂

• Like 1