Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Webber's views on the "mighty Leeds"

In an interview with David Freezer in the Pink Un today, whilst talking about his responsibility as a custodian of the club he let slip this little gem:

"We're not Leeds United or somebody who expects to get there and then get into Europe within six months. We're not, we're a club that know what we are, we're respectful of that, we're humble because of that and it's about steadily growing it." 😇

As for our Premier League ambitions:

"Do I believe we can become an established Premier League club? Absolutely, 100 percent, I wouldn't have left Huddersfield if I didn't truly believe that."

I'm sure that Yorkshire must absolutely love him...:classic_rolleyes:

Full interview here: https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/webber-on-top-flight-status-1-6096248

Yes he is a BIG Leeds fan and it seems weird that he said what he did!

However, he's right! Leeds fans and owners would expect to be in the Prem, challenging for Europe and spending lots of money in the process. Thing is, as we all know, they're literally NEVER going to get out of the Championship. Ultimate choke artists! Ha!

• Like 1

Yeah I saw quite a few Leeds fans claiming if they went back up that they'd reclaim their 'rightful' place as a team challenging for Europe and then titles. 

Think when they do eventually go back up it will be a bit of a culture shock for them.