Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

What will it take to make you call for NW's head........

I dont care if we win 342-0, its gone too far, i''m petrified about january and we need a manager who wil get the best out of the team

I think if Worthy loses the dressing room and the boardroom, then it''s probably all over. While the players support him and try to dig themselves out of the hole they are in, then I''ll support him.

The only reason that some of the fans are critical of Worthy and want him out is because of the new expectations that we have earned. We consider ourselves as a big Championship/almost-made-it-Premiership team because Worthy took us to one season in the top flight. In my opinion he deserves at least two years before people begin scutinising his position. He took us up (with a number of other factors) and he took us down (with a number of other factors) and now he is the man to get the best out of Norwich City and turn things around .... it is his team. A change of manager would not solve the problems. We are where we are because of a typical post Premiership malaise, unavoidable injuries, players dipping in and out of form, never being able to pick up any momentum, opponents flying at us because we are a scalp and many other factors. Yes Worthy may well need to take some of the can for this but he shouldn''t be cast adfrift!

Get a fired up Leon back up front scraping and pumping Ash back up to top form, get the biggest attendance in the football league rocking again and who knows what could happen - you might be posting your apologies quicker than its taken you to post your declarations for execution. It''s only December! 

Keep it low

Get a fired up Leon back up front scraping and pumping Ash back up to top form, get the biggest attendance in the football league rocking again and who knows what could happen - you might be posting your apologies quicker than its taken you to post your declarations for execution. It''s only December! 

REMEMBER

Ashton will be gone in January...

On a serious note though - I am really worried about what worthy will do with the Ashton Cash.  We have brought all these loan players in and I really do not see that results would have been any better or worse without Etuhu, Robinson and Wright.

Wright would be a decent signing (although we would then have 3 right backs none of which were any better than edworthy), robinson would be a decent signing, Etuhu does not look like much kop.

The only reason Worthy should go is because he is a rubbish manager with rubbish tactics who makes diabolical signings.  Another two years could see us sink lower and the expectations and crowds will disappear.

You could be right I could be wrong but don''t hold your breath over any apologies.  However if Worthy doesn''t succeed we will expect some recognition from you and your mates that you have been severely deluded.

Ashton will get back to top form at another club which plays to his strengths. 

If Worthy makes such rubbish signings, how come people are worried about our players leaving in January. If they really were rubbish, as opposed to just not playing well at the moment, surely no one else would want them...?

I see the tide is turning against the WO brigade now - on the EN homepage the poll is showing that the Worhty Outers with their cute little banner are in the minority. It also coincides with the (very welcome) break from 1st wizards endless Norwich-bashing. Perhaps he''s gone back to TWTD.

"he is a rubbish manager with rubbish tactics who makes diabolical signings"

!!!

1. rescued from relegation/playoff final/Champions of division one/one point from Premiership safety in first season back ... this proves he is not a rubbish manager

2. ditto above

3. Dean Ashton, Leon McKenzie, Darren Huckerby, Kevin Harper, Ryan Jarvis, Peter Crouch. Yes some players have failed to impress and some need a lot more time and our patience but this proves his signings are not ''diabolical''.

We are in difficult times but some rationality and perspective is needed!

Dean Ashton -->  good signing, why he gets stick on these pages i will never no - all you ashton bashers can have a laugh when he is banging in the goals for another club who play to his strengths

Leon McKenzie -->  good signing, hopefully back in the side soon

Darren Huckerby, -->  great signing - everyone new how good he was and it was a coup that worthy got him to stay

Kevin Harper  -->  great signing - he was superb on the right wing till he got injured, begs the question why we we werent in for him when he went on a free to stoke.........  (of course, he was a right sided midfielder/winger we dont need one of those at norwich)

Ryan Jarvis --> youth player

Peter Crouch.  -->  great signing - he was superb just a shame we couldnt afford him :-(

its a shame worthy has only gone picked up cloggers since the premiership

With one or two notable exceptions Worthys signings have been rubbish.

Deano agreed class player who will come good in the right time.

Leon juries out on that one.

Huckerby one trick pony, excellent for first season, disappointing since a luxury player who we can''t currently live with.

Harper certainly looked good but let himself down Reading (H) i think.  Kevin Cooper looked more the article.

Ryan J not exactly a Worthy sigining.

Crouch we didn''t do enough to try to sign him. 

Yes a bunch of useless signings especially this season.

<quote>its a shame worthy has only gone picked up cloggers since the premiership</quote>

This is the problem with fans'' expectations. As a champ club, we''re not going to sign Prem players. We can''t afford their wages and  they wouldn''t choose to come here anyway if another Prem club is in for them. You can slag off the manager all you like and get a replacement, but he won''t be any more able to attract top players here than Worthy can. Even when we were promoted it was hard to get the better players. In fact, I''d go as far as to say that Worthy has been more successful than most. Even this season, Davenport has been a success. Marney was doing well and I think was a success, as far as he went. And although Lisbie didn''t set the world alight, we won 4 out of 6 games that he played, so he brought success. I think it''s too early to say about Robinson, Wright or Etuhu, they''ve barely played 10 games between them yet. So apart from Jarrett who has failed dismally (and let''s be honest, we thought he was a good signing at the time), I think the transfers have been pretty good this year.

So I will always agree that some of his signings haven''t worked out, looking back. Many (see above) have also been brilliant.

But I will also say that no manager has success with every signing. Blimey, even Fergie has had problems with a few, and he''s generally accepted as being the best manager of the past decade.

ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole WORTHY OUT OUT OUT!

He has never once shown signs of learning from his experiences. Thats exactly what a young manager has to do, but when he''s in trouble he always buys cloggers that subscribe to his way of playing. BAH HUMBUG!

I see the tide is turning against the WO brigade now - on the EN homepage the poll is showing that the Worhty Outers with their cute little banner are in the minority. It also coincides with the (very welcome) break from 1st wizards endless Norwich-bashing. Perhaps he''s gone back to TWTD

And you dont think it has anything to do with the ipswicg scumsters voting worthless in then???

WORTHLESS OUT!!!!!!!!