Fiery Zac

Women’s World Cup

15 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’ve actually lost track as to what I’m supposed to be offended with in this thread 😁

If you start with the principal that you are offended by everything you won’t go far wrong 

• Like 1

God these threads are so ball achingly predictable.

Call me crazy but I think if a woman has trained and worked all her life to get to the top of their profession then they should be discussed on those merits rather than whether a bunch of pervy 60 year olds from Norfolk find them attractive.

Apologies if this is too PC for you. Maybe start your own raging perverts thread and leave those who actually have an interest in the football to discuss it in peace.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

Call me crazy but I think if a woman has trained and worked all her life to get to the top of their profession then they should be discussed on those merits rather than whether a bunch of pervy 60 year olds from Norfolk find them attractive.

I’m presuming you have a wife or girlfriend. If she worked hard in her profession are you disrespecting her by finding her attractive?

Just out of interest how many of you lambasted sepp Blatter when he suggested that the way to make women's football more popular was to make them play in tighter shorts?

33 minutes ago, king canary said:

God these threads are so ball achingly predictable.

Apologies if this is too PC for you. Maybe start your own raging perverts thread and leave those who actually have an interest in the football to discuss it in peace.

A classic example of the snow flake generation outraged by everything imaginable 😁😁😁

7 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Just out of interest how many of you lambasted sepp Blatter when he suggested that the way to make women's football more popular was to make them play in tighter shorts?

He said that back in 2004 long before the internet gave people the opportunity to get outraged.

Being outraged, or just living in 2019 where men and women should be treated equally? I’m not sure what scantily clad women had to do with the women’s World Cup. Some of you lot don’t half throw a hissy fit when called out as sexist 🙄

2 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Being outraged, or just living in 2019 where men and women should be treated equally? I’m not sure what scantily clad women had to do with the women’s World Cup. Some of you lot don’t half throw a hissy fit when called out as sexist 🙄

The scantily clad woman that you refer to who by the way obviously posed for the photo wearing her nations colours played in three World Cups and is now commentating on another one so that probably is why she had something to do with it.

Edited by TIL 1010

9 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The scantily clad woman that you refer to who by the way obviously posed for the photo wearing her nations colours played in three World Cups and is now commentating on another one so that probably is why she had something to do with it.

Maybe you should have started with talking about her footballing achievements in the first place then 👍

Do you think all women talked about his footballing achievements when they saw this ? 

6EC6CB13-0298-4D4C-B6DD-6D01A8868771.jpeg

Edited by FenwayFrank

12 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’m presuming you have a wife or girlfriend. If she worked hard in her profession are you disrespecting her by finding her attractive?

This is some grade A missing of the point.

Nobody is saying its disrespectful to find a woman attractive.

However it isn't respectful to bring it into a totally unrelated conversation about the world cup. 

Again, it really isn't that tough to understand.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

He said that back in 2004 long before the internet gave people the opportunity to get outraged.

Yes those comments definitely didn't create any controversy did they 🙄

It's true, isn't it - people - male or female - who pose for photos that are for public comsumption can have no complaints when those photos are shown on a public forum.

So why should anyone be complaining about it on here?  It's just mock outrage and misplaced political correctness. 

It's a serious subject, but as with many "isms" the feminist agenda has been hijacked by extreme activists who are so removed from common sense and any kind of mid-ground, that they start to look overbearing and out of touch and they often do a dis-service to their own cause.  Now some - maybe many - men, scared of offending females, have been taken in by it. No-one wants women exploited for their gender or be subject  to inequality of any kind - but there is a difference between men and women and that should be celebrated, not censored, squashed or somehow make people feel guilty for something that is as natural as seeing beauty in things - even if there is a sexual element to it.

We are allowed to be attracted to the opposite **** still, aren't we?

• Like 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

It's true, isn't it - people - male or female - who pose for photos that are for public comsumption can have no complaints when those photos are shown on a public forum.

So why should anyone be complaining about it on here?  It's just mock outrage and misplaced political correctness. 

It's a serious subject, but as with many "isms" the feminist agenda has been hijacked by extreme activists who are so removed from common sense and any kind of mid-ground, that they start to look overbearing and out of touch and they often do a dis-service to their own cause.  Now some - maybe many - men, scared of offending females, have been taken in by it. No-one wants women exploited for their gender or be subject  to inequality of any kind - but there is a difference between men and women and that should be celebrated, not censored, squashed or somehow make people feel guilty for something that is as natural as seeing beauty in things - even if there is a sexual element to it.

We are allowed to be attracted to the opposite **** still, aren't we?

**** me I think thats a full house on the 'old man yells at cloud' bingo card.

Political Correctness? Tick!

Outrage? Tick!

Feminism is bad? Tick!

Final sentence entirely missing the point? Tick, tick and tick again!

I think some on this thread need to educate themselves on women's equality and sexism, before blaming others for getting offended by their sexist views.

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

This is some grade A missing of the point.

Nobody is saying its disrespectful to find a woman attractive.

However it isn't respectful to bring it into a totally unrelated conversation about the world cup. 

Again, it really isn't that tough to understand.

I see now, you can only find a girl attractive when she’s not at work, great.

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

I'd like to believe you're not actually as thick as your showing on this thread, I really would...

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

You can, but I don't think it would be a good idea to leer over her like some of you lot have on here.

Do you look for something to be offended by every day of the week ? Getting back to the original photo of Hope Solo, she was clearly happy to pose for it, how about you have a go at her for that

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Do you look for something to be offended by every day of the week ? Getting back to the original photo of Hope Solo, she was clearly happy to pose for it, how about you have a go at her for that

Offended.

Another one for the bingo card.

It's OK. Next time a thread is started about a Norwich City player, I'll post a picture of him in his underwear. Because that's totally normal.

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Is snowflake on your card ? 

It is but the latest alter ego of Waveney already bagged that one.

One final try at explaining this, although I doubt any chance of success.

You're at work. There is an email thread talking about a female colleague you think is attractive, highlighting some excellent work she's done recently.

Do you...

a) Respond, praising her for her ability at her job

or

b) Post a photo of her in a bikini she put on facebook and comment about how you'll look forward to working with her more if she keeps looking like that! Then if anyone says that isn't appropriate call them PC and she posted this photo anyway so why would she object?

I wonder....

Edited by king canary
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Calm down Spidey

That’s pretty ironic coming from a Star Wars character isn’t it ? 😉😁