Jump to content
Fiery Zac

Women’s World Cup

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, unique said:

Just as well TIL didn’t post the naked pictures that Hope Solo happily posed for.........

hey you're right, Neymar's salary is almost exactly the same as 1,693 female players in France, Germany, England, the US, Sweden, Australia and Mexico combined. Maybe if they were paid a bit more they wouldn't have to supplement their income elsewhere? And if you're going to reply about women's sports gaining less revenue,  men get almost 13 times more photographs in newspapers and sports journals as compared to women athletes. It's as much a media problem as anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, unique said:

Just as well TIL didn’t post the naked pictures that Hope Solo happily posed for.........

She may have happily posed for them, but she didn't happily share them with the world. Her rights were violated by a criminal leak of sensitive information, which is a pretty sh*tty thing to happen to someone.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/olympian-hope-solo-nude-photo-4320931

EDIT: If you're referring to the nudes for the ESPN 'The Body Issue', those are really awesome artistic shots from a series that includes an equal number of male and female athletes. She obviously consented to those.

Edited by Feedthewolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was referring to the photographs she happily posed for in ESPN magazine, for which she must have given full approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, unique said:

I was referring to the photographs she happily posed for in ESPN magazine, for which she must have given full approval.

See my edit - actually updated that before you posted your reply 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jk147 said:
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

What is your point, you plainly think I am wrong, yet you haven't explained why, other than to imply it is wrong to find a woman attractive and say so?   Maybe there are more men than women on here, not that it makes any difference, but if there were more women posting, maybe they would not object to a photo of a scantily dressed male. if i could be bothered I'd look back and find the posts I remember where Grant Holt was idolised from a female point of view and then after that, Lafferty (believe it or not).

i don't really want to argue with you as we clearly disagree on it. I just think that when people are athletes at the highest level it is poor to reduce them to a base level of attractiveness. Hope Solo has 202 caps two Olympic gold medals and a world cup to her name. The point is there are 1000's of threads about football and you are talking about grant holt and lafferty who have not played for the club in years, the first thread in a very long time on womens football took less than 10 posts for it to reference attractiveness. I do not think it is wrong to view women as attractive, the perception that male athletes are viewed as athletes first and female athletes are viewed as females first is damaging. I think if you scroll through every thread on pinkun about womens football there will probably be a post about the attractiveness of the players. I imagine you probably disagree with everything I've said here so I'm happy to agree to disagree. 

That's all fair enough.  I accept your viewpoint, but is it really wrong to see a woman sexually first and what job she does second?   Is the opposite true - is it wrong for a woman to see a man for his body first and his job second? 

Incidentally, on the subject of Lafferty, I remember distinctly some female posters jumped on photos of him straight after his arrival with us as being somehow "hot".  

No doubt the female lobby/supporters will say, "oh but women should be able to pose with next to nothing on and not be ogled sexually, that they have been exploited for hundreds of years by men and men have been in control of it all those years and it has to change".  Well all that is fine, but on the other hand, men have urges - as of course do women - but the political correctness lobby and the feminist lobby seem to want it all their own way - be able to pose scantily clad without getting a reaction from men.

I think Masters and Johnson would call it trying to "repress male instincts".  That is not healthy for anyone in the long term, male or female.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That's all fair enough.  I accept your viewpoint, but is it really wrong to see a woman sexually first and what job she does second?   Is the opposite true - is it wrong for a woman to see a man for his body first and his job second? 

Incidentally, on the subject of Lafferty, I remember distinctly some female posters jumped on photos of him straight after his arrival with us as being somehow "hot".  

No doubt the female lobby/supporters will say, "oh but women should be able to pose with next to nothing on and not be ogled sexually, that they have been exploited for hundreds of years by men and men have been in control of it all those years and it has to change".  Well all that is fine, but on the other hand, men have urges - as of course do women - but the political correctness lobby and the feminist lobby seem to want it all their own way - be able to pose scantily clad without getting a reaction from men.

I think Masters and Johnson would call it trying to "repress male instincts".  That is not healthy for anyone in the long term, male or female.

 

It is when this thread is about football and the woman in question’s “first job” is actually football anyway. Women should be discussed in EXACTLY the same way in this respect. The OP was about football and Til turned it into a sleaze fest. To be fair, it’s a generational thing and younger people have been educated to treat women with more equality. Now LDC, what are your thoughts on the women’s World Cup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That's all fair enough.  I accept your viewpoint, but is it really wrong to see a woman sexually first and what job she does second?   Is the opposite true - is it wrong for a woman to see a man for his body first and his job second? 

Incidentally, on the subject of Lafferty, I remember distinctly some female posters jumped on photos of him straight after his arrival with us as being somehow "hot".  

No doubt the female lobby/supporters will say, "oh but women should be able to pose with next to nothing on and not be ogled sexually, that they have been exploited for hundreds of years by men and men have been in control of it all those years and it has to change".  Well all that is fine, but on the other hand, men have urges - as of course do women - but the political correctness lobby and the feminist lobby seem to want it all their own way - be able to pose scantily clad without getting a reaction from men.

I think Masters and Johnson would call it trying to "repress male instincts".  That is not healthy for anyone in the long term, male or female.

 

Yes it is wrong whatever ****, but you have to accept that sport is a male dominated industry. So proportionately more women are likely to be damaged by this objectification than men. Are you aware you just said that you can't view a woman as a person without having to repress your "male instincts". Do you not know how ridiculous that sounds? I'm actually quite shocked that someone would be so open about that?

 

Coincidentally just read through this thread and can't see anything but there is one post saying 'his missus aint bad though!'

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That's all fair enough.  I accept your viewpoint, but is it really wrong to see a woman sexually first and what job she does second?   Is the opposite true - is it wrong for a woman to see a man for his body first and his job second? 

Incidentally, on the subject of Lafferty, I remember distinctly some female posters jumped on photos of him straight after his arrival with us as being somehow "hot".  

No doubt the female lobby/supporters will say, "oh but women should be able to pose with next to nothing on and not be ogled sexually, that they have been exploited for hundreds of years by men and men have been in control of it all those years and it has to change".  Well all that is fine, but on the other hand, men have urges - as of course do women - but the political correctness lobby and the feminist lobby seem to want it all their own way - be able to pose scantily clad without getting a reaction from men.

I think Masters and Johnson would call it trying to "repress male instincts".  That is not healthy for anyone in the long term, male or female.

What a load of **** you post at times

This is ia thread about the womans world cup, and if you cannot see the sheer stupidity of your guff "

"is it really wrong to see a woman sexually first and what job she does second?"

then your ignorance is worse than I had previously thought

would you approach a female doctor, nurse, teacher, politician ....etc with that mind set ?

perhaps as you sound like a frustrated old perv like Til you probably do

Edited by Bill
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a youngster I remember the old generation complaining about "the young people of today". Now I'm older the young generation complain about "old people of today". I'm never going to escape judgement...

Hopefully it will eventually dawn on a future generation that we are all individuals responsible for our own behaviour. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

As a youngster I remember the old generation complaining about "the young people of today". Now I'm older the young generation complain about "old people of today". I'm never going to escape judgement...

Hopefully it will eventually dawn on a future generation that we are all individuals responsible for our own behaviour.

Maybe people were just complaining about you, Eddie... 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Maybe people were just complaining about you, Eddie... 🙂

This is scarey but on the plus side it would mean I've defined both generations🙃

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one can't wait to be back in the Premier League and post pictures like this every time Jamie Redknapp is on the TV...

 

0_Jamie-Redknapp-shows-off-his-ripped-body-during-beach-day-with-a-young-woman-and-his-children (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

As a youngster I remember the old generation complaining about "the young people of today". Now I'm older the young generation complain about "old people of today". I'm never going to escape judgement...

Hopefully it will eventually dawn on a future generation that we are all individuals responsible for our own behaviour.

very much in clothes

youngsters in the 1940's dressed the same as older men...even smoking a pipe

now older men dress like youngster with shorts, t-shirts and baseball caps

if they had dressed like that in the 1940's they would not have been allowed in the  pub

"get out, you can't come in here with your combinations on ! "

they would have thought you some old pervy

.......................much like some are on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jk147 said:

Yes it is wrong whatever ****, but you have to accept that sport is a male dominated industry. So proportionately more women are likely to be damaged by this objectification than men. Are you aware you just said that you can't view a woman as a person without having to repress your "male instincts". Do you not know how ridiculous that sounds? I'm actually quite shocked that someone would be so open about that?

Lol. Read it again, I never said I was repressed, only that the way the feminist activists talk, that is what they want - to be able to wear next to nothing and not be ogled - in other words for men to supress their sexual thoughts.  It is why some muslims want to keep their women covered up - so they don't give the chance for other males to have sexual thoughts about them.

I am plainly old fashioned and don't mind seeing a scantily clad women and liking it.  On the other hand I don't want to see women exploited - I just think it works both ways - male or female, if you pose voluntarily for money with next to nothing on, don't be surprised if you get a reaction from the opposite **** that has sexual connotations. 

Oh, I've probably upset the gay community now for saying "opposite ****"......is that being hetrosexist - is there such a thing?????

I'm in this way too deep now, so goodnight, I'll leave you to your insults/put downs or whatever.

Oh and Bill, do one, there's a good chap.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Lol. Read it again, I never said I was repressed, only that the way the feminist activists talk, that is what they want - to be able to wear next to nothing and not be ogled - in other words for men to supress their sexual thoughts.  It is why some muslims want to keep their women covered up - so they don't give the chance for other males to have sexual thoughts about them.

I am plainly old fashioned and don't mind seeing a scantily clad women and liking it.  On the other hand I don't want to see women exploited - I just think it works both ways - male or female, if you pose voluntarily for money with next to nothing on, don't be surprised if you get a reaction from the opposite **** that has sexual connotations. 

Oh, I've probably upset the gay community now for saying "opposite ****"......is that being hetrosexist - is there such a thing?????

I'm in this way too deep now, so goodnight, I'll leave you to your insults/put downs or whatever.

Oh and Bill, do one, there's a good chap.

 

 

all i will end in saying is that i hope you don't have a daughter.

cya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Lol. Read it again, I never said I was repressed, only that the way the feminist activists talk, that is what they want - to be able to wear next to nothing and not be ogled - in other words for men to supress their sexual thoughts.  It is why some muslims want to keep their women covered up - so they don't give the chance for other males to have sexual thoughts about them.

I am plainly old fashioned and don't mind seeing a scantily clad women and liking it.  On the other hand I don't want to see women exploited - I just think it works both ways - male or female, if you pose voluntarily for money with next to nothing on, don't be surprised if you get a reaction from the opposite **** that has sexual connotations. 

Oh, I've probably upset the gay community now for saying "opposite ****"......is that being hetrosexist - is there such a thing?????

I'm in this way too deep now, so goodnight, I'll leave you to your insults/put downs or whatever.

Oh and Bill, do one, there's a good chap.

flasher_xlarge.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

I just don't understand why people watch women's football at all. It's simply not very good.

I think some of the above posts might explain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The person who leaked those naked photos of Hope Solo was a disgrace 

having spent the past 15 minutes viewing them I have to say I can’t see the public interest in exposing them and should never have happened 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, M the Canary said:

The person who leaked those naked photos of Hope Solo was a disgrace 

having spent the past 15 minutes viewing them I have to say I can’t see the public interest in exposing them and should never have happened 

HAHAHA YES HAVING YOUR PERSONAL PICTURES STOLEN AND SHARED ON THE INTERNET IS HILARIOUS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, M the Canary said:

The person who leaked those naked photos of Hope Solo was a disgrace 

having spent the past 15 minutes viewing them I have to say I can’t see the public interest in exposing them and should never have happened 

but I can see the interest for someone like you

113502865-young-lascivious-and-aroused-p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so you all know, she’d probably kick all your arses if you crossed her.

https://www.espn.co.uk/espn/otl/story/_/id/12976615/detailed-look-hope-solo-domestic-violence-case-includes-reports-being-belligerent-jail

I'm not posting this to trash her, I just want to show she’s a way more complex person than this discussion of swimwear and sexualised bodies comes close to addressing.

(And no matter what you think about the standard of play compared to professional men’s game, all the professional women players at the World Cup would leave every poster on these boards in the dust every single day of the week)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway back to the football. Is it any good - it’s pretty poor actually, and i’m not commenting on the lack of physicality - that is understood and welcome actually - but on the evidence of these early games the ball control, passing and shooting skills are not there either, and they should be if they want this tournament to live up to the hype. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Anyway back to the football. Is it any good - it’s pretty poor actually, and i’m not commenting on the lack of physicality - that is understood and welcome actually - but on the evidence of these early games the ball control, passing and shooting skills are not there either, and they should be if they want this tournament to live up to the hype. 

Having watched previous tournaments I'd say the standard has improved considerably. England looked very comfortable on the ball yesterday and some of the combination play down the right was excellent.

It is a bit pointless comparing to the men's game as it'll never be the same- I just enjoy it on its own merits.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

Having watched previous tournaments I'd say the standard has improved considerably. England looked very comfortable on the ball yesterday and some of the combination play down the right was excellent.

It is a bit pointless comparing to the men's game as it'll never be the same- I just enjoy it on its own merits.

Agreed. From the little I’ve seen of women’s football, the World Cup has so far been much improved on what I remember and very entertaining. It’s nice to have some football to watch over the summer and, whilst not the same level as men’s, this World Cup is more than filling the gap until the season starts again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fiery Zac said:

Agreed. From the little I’ve seen of women’s football, the World Cup has so far been much improved on what I remember and very entertaining. It’s nice to have some football to watch over the summer and, whilst not the same level as men’s, this World Cup is more than filling the gap until the season starts again

It's also improved by the fact their is more competition- previously it was only really the US and Germany who could win it but now England, France and Holland have improved quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NCFC fill their ground for home games.

Kings Lynn have a considerable amount less. Sheringham even less and one man and his dog for the Sunday league.

Women's football is nowhere near and never will be as good as men's. 

So if people have something better to watch they will choose the better standard.

Broadcasters and advertisers rightly choose what suits them and clearly Women's Football does not. The Women's league in football is allowed brief highlights on late Sunday on BBC.

It has nothing to do with equality. And anyone playing that card diminishes the real areas where there is inequality. And not just for women.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×