Fiery Zac

Women’s World Cup

First time I've ever watched women's footy.

They seem to want to make it very similar to the men's game........

You only have to see all the pony tails to know that.

It should because there is no way the England player falls over like that ... of course the US got two penalties in their favor v's Spain, and FIFA does not want to upset their financial supporters. But .. 

Edited by Surfer

Gutting this. However we've been lots better in the second half and have really taken it to the best team in the world- nothing to be ashamed of.

• Like 1

You give the pen you give a red card. Without the foul White scores. 

And f*ck Millie Bright and the horse she rode in on. Sh*te player. 

A mirror image of the mens team then. Some occasional moments of quality but overall just not good enough, too many poor decisions, poor passes and defensive blunders. Certainly entertaining but a long way to go. 

USA are an awful side. Diving, sh*t housing and have been very reliant on dodgy decisions. Should have lost to Spain. 

Still, our chances of getting third are up because Millie Bright will be suspended. 

Excited about watching these girls in the Olympics next year now. 

For the penalty she ran too straight at the ball for a right footer she could only put it to the goalies right.

For the rest of the match, England need to improve their passing.

Doesn't anybody teach englishmen how to take a penalty? Hit the ball as hard as possible or try to deceive the goalkeeper (like Hazard does)... when you have some power behind the ball it will always make it more difficult for the GK...oh well...we've gotten used to it by now... 

Surely we should have been awarded another pen immediately after the first one, the ball is in play, they all hug the keeper who is holding the ball, someone must have touched the ball with their arm or hand, brave ref to give it though!!

So the US win 2-0. No shame in that for the Dutch, who must be pleased to have finished up runners up. 

My overall impression of the tournament? 

1. VAR is a hot mess and it has totally destroyed games; let the referee referee and only call on VAR for egregious errors. 

2. The US team can pass the ball, and the other teams can't. Overall the ball control skill level displayed was shockingly poor. 

Was it entertaining? Yes to a degree, but overall I was left with a sense of frustration. Very little is achievable when passes are under hit or over hit, or hit out of play, when possession is lost immediately from a throw in etc. There were several moments of excellent play and skills, but there is a considerable way to go before these ladies reach the skill levels of their tennis and basketball sisters. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Surfer said:

So the US win 2-0. No shame in that for the Dutch, who must be pleased to have finished up runners up. 

My overall impression of the tournament? 

1. VAR is a hot mess and it has totally destroyed games; let the referee referee and only call on VAR for egregious errors. 

2. The US team can pass the ball, and the other teams can't. Overall the ball control skill level displayed was shockingly poor. 

Was it entertaining? Yes to a degree, but overall I was left with a sense of frustration. Very little is achievable when passes are under hit or over hit, or hit out of play, when possession is lost immediately from a throw in etc. There were several moments of excellent play and skills, but there is a considerable way to go before these ladies reach the skill levels of their tennis and basketball sisters. 

Tend to agree, I’ll also venture that certain sports aren’t really suited to the women’s game, rugby football, ice hockey and American football are just poles apart from the men’s games.

I didn’t really like the commentators remarks about playing the women’s premiership game the same day as their men’s team in the premiership to promote the women’s game. If they’re that entertaining they shouldn’t need to live off the men’s counterparts.