Slight injury worry for Pukki over a slip he had. Possible groin injury.

Imagine there will be plenty of phone calls between Norwich and Finland over the next few days.

6 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Slight injury worry for Pukki over a slip he had. Possible groin injury.

Imagine there will be plenty of phone calls between Norwich and Finland over the next few days.

He played on and looked ok, hopefully nothing, but as you say he did hold his groin for a while.

Okay the joke's over! Somebody tell me how many million we actually paid for Pukki - there's no way you get a player that good for free. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Shows he will do it in the Premiership.

They were both very well taken goals, but he will NOT get that much time and space in the Premiership.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

They were both very well taken goals, but he will NOT get that much time and space in the Premiership.

He will - he makes time and space for himself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

...so those defenders playing for England the other night don’t play in the PL, then? They were far worse.

Was in match today with my daughter and Pukki was just unstoppable. I also think he might also be god of thunder as at the exact moment when he scored his first the thunder started to roar and when game started to run again a massive rain started only to end after he scored his second.

Another true class player in game was Glen Kamara. Would immediately take spot in City starting eleven and has all the means to become a really big star. Shame that Rangers managed to steal him for only 50k in last January window, as now he is surely out of planned transfer budget

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

He'll definitely get fewer opportunities, but most of his goals have come through one or two touches of the ball. He's more likely to score goals like that in the Prem than ones where he has to do a great deal of work with the ball at his feet. The level of defending will obviously be a lot better, but he has the class and calmness to take those instinctive opportunities where he is afforded the space.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

He may well make time and space for himself, but the standard of defending is a lot better in the Premiership than Pukki faced against Bosnia-no tackling, he just waltzed through.

But you know what I meant anyway, didn't you?

Statistically Pukki has now failed to score more than 50% of his teams goals over the past 24 hours. Not sure that is a striker we need to lead our PL campaign. 

• Haha 1

On 08/06/2019 at 21:30, wooster said:

I see Hungary won 3-1 with 2 goals from Willi Orban - is he any relation?

To whom? To Pukki? Definitely not. To Hungarian PM Viktor Orban? No. Only namesake. He was born in Germany to a Hungarian dad a Polish mom, played for Germany at U21 level, and decided to make himself available to the Hungary national team when he figured it out that he was not likely to get a call-up for Germany.  Great decision I'd say, as he's a terrific CB. Sadly, as he's contracted to RB Leipzig until 2022, and rated at 20m Euros, is not a likely target for City.