1 hour ago, Sparta Plastic said:

I saw a beggar on the street in Kampala, Uganda wearing a City shirt from circa 1989-90 (the one with Asics sponsor and the diagonal stripes on the shoulder).

Surely a blue shirt, with 3 stars and a badge featuring a carthorse, would have been more appropriate? :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

I remember walking from Penn Station, Manhattan into a nearby mall and seeing the Mitre N & P, home shirt (around 94/95, I think) on sale in a sports shop. Seemed quite a niche product for the vast scale of NYC. 😂

Apples

To go totally off topic, when Ted McDougall played for us we were on holiday on the south coast and went into the nearest town where they had a shop called Ted McDougall Sports. They sold loads of football gear but nothing NCFC related, the only photos of the owner were of him wearing a Bournemouth shirt.

5 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

To go totally off topic, when Ted McDougall played for us we were on holiday on the south coast and went into the nearest town where they had a shop called Ted McDougall Sports. They sold loads of football gear but nothing NCFC related, the only photos of the owner were of him wearing a Bournemouth shirt.

That is like the anti-post for this topic.

why ever would they sell Norwich gear in Bournemouth? Genuinely curious

I mean, it’s hardly a hotbed like Lahore or Kampala

13 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

That is like the anti-post for this topic.

why ever would they sell Norwich gear in Bournemouth? Genuinely curious

I mean, it’s hardly a hotbed like Lahore or Kampala

McDougall was our striker at the time and he was scoring loads of goals for us, we just thought that as it was his shop they may have some NCFC stuff.

A pity that the image of Super Ted that I had tattooed on my backside back in the day has faded somewhat.

I would liked to have posted an image of it for the sake of this thread.

15 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

A pity that the image of Super Ted that I had tattooed on my backside back in the day has faded somewhat.

I would liked to have posted an image of it for the sake of this thread.

....please don't 😱

Akin to Splendid here, given where I live (Adelaide, South Australia)

I visited Martindale Hall about three or four years ago. This is an estate about 2 hours drive north of Adelaide, in practically the middle of nowhere. We parked up with about four or five other cars strewn across the car park

I was wearing a Norwich top, and as I got out of the car someone yelled "On the Ball, City!"

Couldn't believe it.

Side note - I was holidaying in Hamilton Island (a chain of Islands off the coast of Queensland) in 2009. For our anniversary, my wife surprised me with the latest NCFC shirt, which I wore with pride (even though we were League 1 at the time). We stayed in one of several self contained villas. Turned out we were staying next to a couple of East Anglian lads, one a City supporter, the other Ip****e!

So I guess I display the memorabilia in odd places?!

• Haha 1