lappinitup

Should drums be banned from football grounds?

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

I hereby swear if there is ever a drum at CR I’m off

The drums at various clubs around the country are mind blowingly annoying. The one at Blackburn is horrendous.

Yes. Ban them.

11 hours ago, kick it off said:

Yep. Epitome of tinpot

Yep, that Yellow Wall at Dortmund is soooo tinpot 😉

They are ok for getting the crowd going if things are a bit quiet, but if the atmosphere is good then there is no need to keep banging them-and certainly not for the whole game.

The most annoying thing is when they speed up and slow down (if you’ve ever played in a band you’ll know what I mean)😀😀😀

At least the drums might drown out the pathetic whistling you hear at Spanish and Portugese games when the opposition has the ball.

Hmm... Let's do away with some atmosphere at the grounds because it's too noisy!

I dunno. I don't really care for the type of person who would mindlessly bang the drum in a non-rhythmic manner but I don't think the drum has much say in it...

I've always thought that having someone playing speed metal on a guitar at a football ground would be... cool.

Disagree OP

Spoilsport. 😋

AND TEEMU PUKKI JUST SCORES:-

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

Personally, I have long thought that a brief blast on the didgeridoo coming from the main stand every time the opposition score a goal would be quite appropriate:

Edited by BroadstairsR

19 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Vuvuzelas were all the rage at the 2010 World cup...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2010/jun/05/2010-world-cup-vuvuzela-history

The 'England Band' have been following the team all over the world - they seem to pick up whatever is the latest terrace chant and turn it into a brass rendition.  Who knows what they'd make of Farke's on a horse...!

The difference here is that a vuvuzela is one of THE WORST sounds know to man. It just sounds as though a swarm of buzzy insects are out to attack you. The things were ridiculously annoying! Way more so than a drum!

Brass bands should be at more football grounds though! Gotta love a top quality brass... 🤪

• Like 1

Some people just can't see the forest for the trees...we could always try a different drum? :classic_rolleyes:

Apples

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Personally, I have long thought that a brief blast on the didgeridoo coming from the main stand every time the opposition score a goal would be quite appropriate:

I would prefer a didgeridon't

It's bad enough being frisked for knives at away grounds let alone drums as well!

27 minutes ago, Badger said:

It's bad enough being frisked for knives at away grounds let alone drums as well!

I don't think it would be suitable for security to be trying to get hold of some woman's bongos

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I see this thread has drummed up plenty of support.

Ba-dum-tissshhh

• Haha 1

What else do you want?

Shall we change the club's cymbal?

I certainly don't want to get ensnared in a percussion about that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Brass bands should be at more football grounds though! Gotta love a top quality brass... 🤪

Yes, but only as half time entertainment - parading up and down the pitch with no regard for the subs having a kick about.

Beats Tampa Time I'm sure...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I know I'll probably get some stick, but I can't see why they're a problem. You can't beat a bit of atmosphere, and that's what they provide. I don't know why you're all banging on about it as if it's a major problem.

Try standing next to one !