Would have been more tempted had we not got promoted. In the championship they would probably both be good impact players to have coming off the bench for the last half an hour.

Probably not good enough for the prem so it’s a no from me too.

10 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Should have got more for Maddison but received the absolute maximum for the twins . 

Quite.

We should keep quiet about the Murphy twins lest someone twigs.

Yes they did serve Norwich well and both were rewarded with premiership contracts. I believe we now have sufficient wide players who can also play more centrally; as well as the promising young players in the U-23 team. I cannot see how they could add much more to the squad we have, but I wish them both well for the future.

1 hour ago, hampton canary said:

Yes they did serve Norwich well and both were rewarded with premiership contracts. I believe we now have sufficient wide players who can also play more centrally; as well as the promising young players in the U-23 team. I cannot see how they could add much more to the squad we have, but I wish them both well for the future.

I still think that we still need an out and out winger with pace. Not the Murphy's though.

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

I still think that we still need an out and out winger with pace. Not the Murphy's though.

Doesn't Onel or Patrick Roberts fit that description? 

James for Swansea was lightning quick last season, but according to the BBC, he now looks likely to be signing for Man U - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48539129

Neither Murphy worked hard enough to track back & regain possession. I lost count the amount of times our offensive moves broke down in their area of responsibility - my image of Josh in particular was him waving his arms around in a perplexed state having lost the ball. Buendia & Hernadez get back behind the ball & tackle with intent to regain possession - irrespective of which team mate lost it. Norwich City are far stronger without the twins...

4 hours ago, Woodman said:

Doesn't Onel or Patrick Roberts fit that description? 

James for Swansea was lightning quick last season, but according to the BBC, he now looks likely to be signing for Man U - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48539129

Onel certainly does. Perhaps I phrased it wrong; I think still think we need another out and out winger with pace.

I'm not sure (but haven't really seen him, so can't comment too much) that Roberts is massively quick? Seems more tricky than speed? 

Definitely not.

Jacob ended back in the Championship on loan, and Josh was in and out of a relegated side.

Cardiff and Newcastle may well think we did a number on them.....

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Rumour that Jacob is returning on loan...

That would be a strange one imo. Hasn't got into the Newcastle team much in recent months, umlikely - imo - to get in ahead of any of the players we have, unless injuries/suspension occur. Would Newcastle want him to come on loan and not get any games, or would they not be bothered about that?

And can he fit into the system and be 100% with all that is required in terms of teamwork and method? I know he had a really good season for us in the championship, but that was the championship......

Can't see it happening,

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

That would be a strange one imo. Hasn't got into the Newcastle team much in recent months, umlikely - imo - to get in ahead of any of the players we have, unless injuries/suspension occur. Would Newcastle want him to come on loan and not get any games, or would they not be bothered about that?

And can he fit into the system and be 100% with all that is required in terms of teamwork and method? I know he had a really good season for us in the championship, but that was the championship......

Can't see it happening,

Seems unlikely to me also.

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Don't believe everything you read on Facebook hoggy. 😜

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Don't believe everything you read on Facebook hoggy. 😜

I dont, thankfully! The guy in question did get Jacob to Newcastle earlier than most though.

It's a shame if James goes to OT, he'll get a few games to start with, then play in the Cup games while sitting on the bench, then get loaned out to get him games and in 3 years time be signed by a Derby or Boro, having not developed in 3 years. 

Yes, he'll be wealthy but he'll have to rebuild his career and that might not be as easy as it sounds. 

On 07/06/2019 at 18:48, hogesar said:

Although there isn’t much support for a return for either of them on this thread...I wouldn’t be disappointed if either Murphy returned on loan.

Both are lightning quick and capable of turning a game...traits that will be particularly important in our away games next season.

I saw Josh play a number of times for Cardiff last season - he can be massively effective at times. Out of the 2 I’d be happier if we could get him back....but only on loan.