The saint

First game of season prediction

Im getting bored of no football already after being spoilt last season ! Bet im not the only one.

To relieve the boredom lets have a prediction for our first game of the season.

Based on absolutely nothing i will go for Arsenal at home.

Man.C away. Lewis with a surprise hat-trick and Lineker making another end of season  bet with the viewers. What odds? 😊

• Like 1

Bournemouth away. Something that they can put at the bottom of the TV highlights show, while we feast on Villa v Liverpool and Man City v Sheff Utd. 

No idea and don't care.

We will play everyone twice at some time or other.

Given that clubs often simply take on the fixtures of clubs relegated

That would give us either Palace/ Chelsea at home or B'mouth away

And I wonder if any consideration will be given to having us and the binners avoid home games clashing.

Carrow Road plays host to Chelsea, while our impoverished neighbours are at home to Southend

A trip up north... Old Trafford, Anfield or Rochdale ?

hmmm

7 hours ago, Chip20 said:

Nah; it will be Brighton away. Mark my words.

If it's Brighton the media will have it down as a relegation six pointer 😱

Villa away.......and will be so low on the Lineker MOTD pecking order - we'll probably be shown on Quest.....

On 05/06/2019 at 20:49, Darth Canary1 said:

Arsenal away, it's written in the stars

And we'll win 4-2 just like we did in 92/93 which was I believe the last time we won a PL opener.

When I read the title of this post I immediately thought Palace. Strange that lots of others had the same thought. 

I don't agree with Ricardo for once. I know we have to play everyone twice but getting off to a good start is vital. If the fixture list is kind and we win a couple of early games it takes away a lot of pressure. 

I'm interested to see who Ipswich get. Really hoping they get hammered by someone like Lincoln. Last year it was very entertaining watching TWTD as the realisation that it had all gone badly wrong slowly started to sink in. 

I predict that if we lose the first game, we’ll be seeing a lot of Big Vince, Keith Scott et al

• Haha 1

L1Pswich to lose 7-1 on the opening day. Lambert comes full circle 🙂 

For us, I'm guessing something not particularly inspiring to start the season... Everton away maybe?

What an absolutely stunning first fixture in every way.

Playing the The European Champions at their fabled ground in front of a massive, footie-starved  television audience.

What better way to broadcast our re-entry on to the top table? What better way to arrive?

That's what it's all about surely?

Of course the odds are stacked against us, of course nearly every television viewer in Suffolk (and probably the Far East) will be preying that we get battered, of course all the pundits will predict a hammering ... so what? We are there on merit and will have the perfect opportunity to show our worth on a massive stage.

Should we spring a surprise then the band wagon will surely begin to roll.

Besides, I have enough faith in Farke, his system and our player to be sure that NCFC will not only not be disgraced but will win fans far and wide, even in defeat.

Terrific stuff. Plumb tie, as they say.

Perfick!

Edited by BroadstairsR

56 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Besides, I have enough faith in Farke, his system and our player to be sure that NCFC will not only not be disgraced but will win fans far and wide, even in defeat.

Terrific stuff. Plumb tie, as they say.

Perfick!

I agree with this.

Liverpool haven't lost at home in the Premier League for over two years, and the run of 40 unbeaten home games is the second longest in Premier League history. Winning is almost (but not completely) out of the question.

Even if we lose but play well, and play some good, attacking football, it won't be the end of the world. A plucky defeat wouldn't do any harm for the confidence, and as a result, we don't really have anything to lose.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

32 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Liverpool haven't lost at home in the Premier League for over two years, and the run of 40 unbeaten home games is the second longest in Premier League history.

In that  case it's about time they did lose at home. It might take a surprise team to do it.

No reason at all that it shouldn't be us - fresh, an unknown quantity, quality players throughout the team, able to score right up to the last kick of the game.....it can be done.

Edited by lake district canary

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

In that  case it's about time they did lose at home. It might take a surprise team to do it.

No reason at all that it shouldn't be us - fresh, an unknown quantity, quality players throughout the team, able to score right up to the last kick of the game.....it can be done.

Correct. I'm sure we'll go there to attack and play football, unlike a lot of sides who'd go to park the bus, but realistically the chances of us leaving with a point or three are remote and if we win, it would go down as one of the biggest upsets in Premier League history.