Sign in to follow this  
CANARY BRAVEHEART

NORWICH CAN STILL REVIVE THEIR SEASON

Well what i''m about to say i know alot if not some will say that i''m talking rubbish. This season it''s not been great for Norwich i know over the course of the whole season and performances haven''t been what we as fans may expect. But i personally feel that if we can play like we did against Crewe second half then who''s to say we can''t beat Southampton, because when you look at the players coming back, Safri, Huckerby, Hughes then for me that''s a definite positive. I know alot of fans feel frustrated with Worthington but i personally feel he didn''t get enough credit for the 4-3-3 formation played against Crewe he did well with the formation. I personally think that if we play it again then we will have a chance against Southampton.  Because statistically if you check the stats we have not put our chances away upfront which is why i''d go with 4-3-3. In defence i''d stick with the same back four of Drury, Davenport, Doherty, Wright. The main issue for me is upfront i would like to see McVeigh in the team, and stick with midfield against Crewe THAT PLAYED AGAINST CREWE SECOND HALF so there is still hope and i personally will still be hoping that Norwich can revive their season despite negativity that is afloat among some supporters.

GOOD LUCK NIGEL,

WHERE THERE''S A HEART THERE''S A HOPE

ON THE BALL CITY

I hope you''re right and I agree with a lot of what you say in post, ie McVeigh needs to play and the performance/formation in the 2nd half last week sounded positive, however I think the main problem is gonna be in defence with Davenport missing. Anyone know how far from fitness Shackell is? 

Shacks is due to play in the reserves next week. Ordinarily after such a long time out it would take several reserve games to build up match fitness. I wouldn''t be surprised to see him on the bench tomorrow though, just in case we need him later in the game, with Davenport having now left.

Correct you are talking rubbish, 4-3-3 formation was foisted on Worthy not his calculated gamble.

Players and management not up to it, already been suggested 11th place is best to be hoped for, after poor results performances against teams below us results against better teams unlikely, forget that rubbish City play better against better teams.

Get rid of Worthy now before he can squander the Deano legacy during Jan.

I have always been a fan of his 4-3-3 formation especially as worthy does not sign wingers.  Edworthy used to put the crosses in on the right hand side and hucks would pull left. Unfortunatly Drury has to be fit as with Brennan our left side looks weak defensively.

Even in a 4-4-2 with McVeigh and Hucks linking up we played well as when hucks and crouch first signed.  McVeigh often cutting inside when hucks pulled wided and vice versa.