Alex Moss

Where will we finish next season - predictions.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

4th may look a long shot - and it is - but I could have gone further and said we will be so good that we can win the PL.....now I wonder how that prediction would have looked at Leicester at the start of their PL winning season.....

That's twice you've used Leicester as an example. Leicester are not a small Club, in fact, currently the 17th wealthiest Club in the World. Stop comparing us with them, it does nothing to support your argument. 

If none of the opposition managers realise Stiepermann is the most one-footed player in the history of the game worldwide we will finish 1st. If they do cotton on to that fact we will finish 20th.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, splendidrush said:
3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

4th may look a long shot - and it is - but I could have gone further and said we will be so good that we can win the PL.....now I wonder how that prediction would have looked at Leicester at the start of their PL winning season.....

That's twice you've used Leicester as an example. Leicester are not a small Club, in fact, currently the 17th wealthiest Club in the World. Stop comparing us with them, it does nothing to support your argument. 

No I won't stop and you are mistaken - I have only used Leicester once as an example (someone else did, but it wasn't me) and also I never said Leicester were a small club - I only used them as an example of a club that broke into the top six and won the thing against the odds.

Anyway it is not size that matters - it's what you do with what you've got that counts!  Footballing wise (not financially wise, obviously) we go into next season imo on a fairly equal footing with many of the clubs in the PL - our tactics will be up there with the best, we have some very, very good players who will be itching to prove themselves at PL level and who likely will do just that. 

Listen, I'm getting a bit fed up with this now, I don't mind where you think we will finish, I don't mind where anyone thinks we will finish, but for me survival mentality is not the way we will enjoy next season. I want it to be a celebration of everything that has been good about this season - the relaxed and composed nature of the football, the sheer fitness and character of the players the top level skills we have seen on show and the quality goals under huge pressure. 

We are premier league for a reason and it is my utmost belief that we are not there to make lazy media predictions of relegation or predictions of rolling around near the bottom of the table, come true. We are better than that.

Anything can happen of course, as it did last season. We turned from an apparent lower championship struggling team into a wonder team practically overnight - so my prediction for next season of a high finish may seem far fetched on one level, but it is a fact - football is a funny game....ask Leicester...oops I did it again 🙃.

Nighty night.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Footballing wise (not financially wise, obviously) we go into next season imo on a fairly equal footing with many of the clubs in the PL 

Such nonsense.......

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:
6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Footballing wise (not financially wise, obviously) we go into next season imo on a fairly equal footing with many of the clubs in the PL

Such nonsense....... 

We'll see, won't we.....

My head would be happy with 17th my heart is more optimistic so I'll go for 11th!

Obviously top 6 is highly, highly unlikely but I’m certainly not fearing a lot of the teams next season. I don’t buy into the Sky hype machine, yes there are a handful of very good teams but there is also a lot there just making up the numbers. We have players that are progressing, and as the season goes on they will likely grow into it and perform well. A few astute signings in key areas and I’m confident we will also be safe mid table and making up the numbers! 

11 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

If none of the opposition managers realise Stiepermann is the most one-footed player in the history of the game worldwide we will finish 1st. If they do cotton on to that fact we will finish 20th.

Wes did ok...

38 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:
12 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Wes did ok...

This is just brilliant to watch.....

• Like 2

I swear LDC lives to be contrary

After the first 6 games of last season (when we had 5 points), he posted we'd win the next 6

Now he's predicting qualifying for Champions League football.

Between that we had "Inspector Lakey of the Fun Police" determined to be as negative as possible about our final 6 games of the season.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

After the first 6 games of last season (when we had 5 points), he posted we'd win the next 6

Between that we had "Inspector Lakey of the Fun Police" determined to be as negative as possible about our final 6 games of the season.

Don't be silly. We're all terribly negative fans for (realistically) predicting we'll finish in the bottom half next season. Just like we were negative when we were celebrating promotion before confirmation. Oh, wait 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

After those first six games we won 4 and drew 1 out of six. Not a bad prediction.

Also, I was not as negative as possible about our final six games - my view is always the same.....in any situation in a football league anything is possible. You can be at the top most of the season and finish 3rd (ask Leeds) you can be bottom of the league in January and put a good run together and finish in the play offs. Anything is possible. Just because we were top towards the end of the season did not mean we were going to get promoted.

We could finish bottom next season we could finish top......my prediction ( I shouldn't do predictions because I get into too much trouble) was 4th, but really my view is that anything is possible.  Finishing top is possible....so is finishing bottom.  I've put a bet on finishing in the top six, not because it is going to happen....but it could. 

Anything is possible. 

3 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Lakey might talk sense in a post and keep it to under 300 paragraphs.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

He never uses one word when a sentence will do. 😁

1 minute ago, lappinitup said:

He'd make a fantastic novelist. Probably in the fantasy genre 😆

I don't mind if we don't finish in the top half next season.

I don't mind if we get thrashed on a few occasions. 

I don't mind if we lose more than we win.

I think we'll stay up, and all I want is to see is some ambition, good football and us playing football in the right way (ie anti Hughtonball). I can't wait to see Norwich up against the best and having a good go. I suspect we will see some great matches at the Carra next year (& away from home) and Norwich will cause a couple of upsets. Don't think the club will get anywhere near the top six, but I would take 17th now, with some top football being played.

16 minutes ago, lappinitup said:
20 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Lakey might talk sense in a post and keep it to under 300 paragraphs.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Binner 😋

I've just had a total skive off work for the last hour and have attempted to predict the results for all our games next season. I don't think any changes in personnel will have as much of an effect as whether we make any changes in our style of play, but assuming that we don't, I think we will pick up 41 points-which would have been good enough for 15th in 4 of the last 5 seasons. Here are the predictions:

H A Pts
Arsenal D L 1
Aston Villa W L 3
Bournemouth W D 4
Brighton W D 4
Burnley W L 3
Chelsea D L 1
Crystal Palace L W 3
Everton W L 3
Leicester D L 1
Liverpool L L 0
Man City L L 0
Man Utd L L 0
Newcastle D W 4
Sheff Utd W L 3
Southampton W D 4
Tottenham L L 0
Watford W L 3
West Ham W L 3
Wolves D L 1

On 05/06/2019 at 18:20, lappinitup said:

Considering the times you've attacked her over the years Vinnie, but she's still there, I'd say her defence is spot on.

She doesn't have much of a defence at all because all owners will forever be measured against the successes of the Chase era where 9 out of 10 years were spent in the top flight. Delia's record is 5 years out of 23, or 6 out of 24 including next season, which is handy for statistical purposes as it provides an EPL strike rate of 25% compared to Chase's 90%.

The fact she is still there flying in the face of these stats says more about the fan base than her. As I have said on numerous occasions: fans get the Board they deserve. Norwich fans and Delia think alike: each believing that City will never be more than a yo-yo club. Delia has been on record in the past as finding all the money sloshing around the EPL as being rather distasteful (no doubt because she contributes the smallest slice to it from her own pocket ie. £ NIL). Canary fans no doubt concur. After all, the city is very much Labour.

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I've just had a total skive off work for the last hour and have attempted to predict the results for all our games next season. I don't think any changes in personnel will have as much of an effect as whether we make any changes in our style of play, but assuming that we don't, I think we will pick up 41 points-which would have been good enough for 15th in 4 of the last 5 seasons. Here are the predictions:

H A Pts
Arsenal D L 1
Aston Villa W L 3
Bournemouth W D 4
Brighton W D 4
Burnley W L 3
Chelsea D L 1
Crystal Palace L W 3
Everton W L 3
Leicester D L 1
Liverpool L L 0
Man City L L 0
Man Utd L L 0
Newcastle D W 4
Sheff Utd W L 3
Southampton W D 4
Tottenham L L 0
Watford W L 3
West Ham W L 3
Wolves D L 1

Would bite your hand off for that set of results! Not to say we can't get the odd surprise result here and there, but I don't think I'd confidently predict getting a point off Arsenal and Chelsea. I like the random away win at Newcastle...

31 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

She doesn't have much of a defence at all because all owners will forever be measured against the successes of the Chase era where 9 out of 10 years were spent in the top flight.

And which left us very nearly bankrupt. 

Success is not success if at the end of it you have no club left, which we very nearly didn't.  Wouldn't swap those years for anything, but Chase, in the process of chasing the dream, very nearly finished the club off. 

Your obsession with the past is a shame - you are missing out on so much that is happening now.

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Your obsession with the past is a shame - you are missing out on so much that is happening now.

Like looking forward to the first of many glorious seasons in League 1

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

H A Pts
Arsenal D L 1
Aston Villa W L 3
Bournemouth W D 4
Brighton W D 4
Burnley W L 3
Chelsea D L 1
Crystal Palace L W 3
Everton W L 3
Leicester D L 1
Liverpool L L 0
Man City L L 0
Man Utd L L 0
Newcastle D W 4
Sheff Utd W L 3
Southampton W D 4
Tottenham L L 0
Watford W L 3
West Ham W L 3
Wolves D L 1

One thing that I noticed about your predictions is that we need to take points from the other sides near the bottom, something we failed to do the last time and it costed us. 

I'm sure DF/SW will be targeting certain games and if we can nick the odd win at Old Trafford, we could, with a fair wind, have a decent season. 

Still, not having this 4th nonsense. 

Given our financial position and how strong the PL is in this era I would count finishing 17th next season the greatest achievement for the club since I started supporting in 2000. The talk of a top half finish is insane, I think we'll give pretty much every team a good game and will probably dominate a lot of games but we're vulnerable against pace and direct running on the counter, against long strikes and defending set pieces, these areas are where most of the also rans in that league are strongest and where most of their goals come from. 

We have a great footballing team, but in that league we're going to find it really tough to pick up results. I can see a lot of frustrating encounters where we come away feeling hard done by, thinking we should have won but the opposition digs us out with a cheap, low percentage goal or wonderstrike. We're going to need a lot of luck next year that's for sure.